It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Throw Jesus Off His Throne !

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
A constant. ongoing conspiracy to de-throne Jesus has been perpetrated by the official Church.
If you can not drag Jesus down, off his throne, try another tactic.
Lift Jesus off his throne and put him in a higher position.
You might wonder why someone would want to do that.
Someone else would love to take it over, for their own glorification.
Kings, through history, from the most ancient of times, have taken the position of head of the national religion.
So, if you are the head of the state religion and are the representative of God, on earth, you are the king of everyone who follows that religion.
You expand your national political power by expanding the number of adherents to your religion.
Jesus is the head of the church and we, as the parts of the body of Jesus, are the Temple.
Well, if you are a power-mad megalomaniac, that can not be allowed.
One way to deal with this situation is to make Jesus God.
Force everyone to accept this doctrine and that allows you to fulfill your greedy lust, and set yourself down on the throne, yourself.
Then usurp Jesus' position of being God's representative to Earth and our intercessor before God.
Put those titles on yourself and be king of the world.
Nice plan and seems to have worked out nicely for those ruthless enough to wield their power and kill all opponents.
So, what we should do, in my opinion, is to put Jesus in his proper place as our King.
Remember the old battle cry of the American Revolution, "We have no King, but Jesus."
They could say that because they were Protestants.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Or abolish Christianity all together in favor of a world not governed by power-hungry, brain-washing, child-molesting, hypocritical morons.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrimTroll
Or abolish Christianity all together in favor of a world not governed by power-hungry, brain-washing, child-molesting, hypocritical morons.

Sorry about your childhood experience with psedo christians or catholics but they do not embrace the true teachings of Jesus.

If you dont understand it by now it is probaly to late.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I in my years hear, have seen nothing that resembles true understanding when it comes to the topic of Jesus the Christ or God. Instead of pointing your fat finger at what you think is the evil misunderstanders of the things of God you'd better serve yourself standing in front of a mirror with your out streached pointy little finger.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

hi!

So, are you saying that Jesus Christ is not divine

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Religion is something you were taught to think, to believe in. It's not just jesus, It's all religion.

Free your mind and learn to think for yourself, then you will have a true relationship with the creator of all things.

Over throw religion, ALL RELIGION, and you will find God.

Spiritual Anarchy! Believe not what you were taught, but what the creator has shown you.

God doesn't need a middle man. Never has, never will.

Love and light,

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hail to the post above me

I dance to create two lined posts.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

If only it were that simple to stop people from believing in an invisible god. Weak minded sheep people need something to believe in to justify their pathetic existance here on earth. I'm not here to bash God believers, I am one in my own way.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanZana

Sorry about your childhood experience with pseudo christians or catholics but they do not embrace the true teachings of Jesus.

If you don't understand it by now it is probably to late.

Are you serious?
I do not care what jesus taught, he taught great things, thats what makes the silly religion so attractive.

But anyone can teach this, anyone with a brain and common sense.
Your silly organized religion is a blindfold to your existence.

Take it off and see the world for the way it was meant to be seen.

I am not denying good will, or a supreme existence.

Just christianity is such a stupid and illogical way to live by. I can not believe anyone would waste their time or lives on something so stupid.

I am honestly sick of you religious people; you wreck my planet.

P.S I did you the liberty of correcting your spelling mistakes in your quote.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
God doesn't need a middle man. Never has, never will.

Mankind needs a middle man.
God can enlighten you and that is fine.
God enlightened One to be our Head, to represent us, before God.
My point is that Jesus is sufficient to carry out that role.
If someone comes along later and takes that title for himself, where does that leave Jesus?
Well, the usurper claims that Jesus is God, Himself, using whatever philosophical convention necessary to convince the people.
Then, things are left wide open for someone to jump in and fill the gap.
What we end up with is a lesser human to lead us into ruin.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Jesus is Divine in that the Word of God is in him to be given to the world.
The Logos, that is Divine became flesh.
So, there is an aspect of divinity in Jesus that we have to respect.
But the Logos points to the true God, and not to itself.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   

You know the saying, Nature hates a vacuum.
If Christianity was done away with, it would immediately be replaced by something worse.
What I propose is, to knock Jesus off his throne (as God), to become Human again and be our King and not these creepy people who have to be evil just for claiming to be what can only be attributed to Jesus.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Mankind needs a middle man.
God can enlighten you and that is fine.
God enlightened One to be our Head, to represent us, before God.
My point is that Jesus is sufficient to carry out that role.
If someone comes along later and takes that title for himself, where does that leave Jesus?
Well, the usurper claims that Jesus is God, Himself, using whatever philosophical convention necessary to convince the people.
Then, things are left wide open for someone to jump in and fill the gap.
What we end up with is a lesser human to lead us into ruin.

That is what you were taught as a child growing up. Like Santa Clause and the tooth fairy. They are wonderful imaginations to grow up with, but grow up we eventually must.

You do not need a preacher to tell you what God has to say, You need only to open your heart and listen.

You do not need a Jesus or a Mohammad to tell you how to live, You need only to open your heart.

God does not need a middleman. Be it a preacher, a saviour or a Guru.

God created man, man created religion. Religion is a business, a profit machine for those that lead it. They get the mansion on the hilltop and streets of gold while on Earth, you have to wait till your dead. Religion is a scam, thats all it is.

Free the chains on your mind and the chains on your soul will melt away.

Stop being told how to think and learn to think for yourself. God is there, waiting for you. You need only to stop believing in the teachings of man, of religion.

Learn to think outside the book.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   

One of the core doctrines of biblical christianity is Christ's divinity as shown in the bible. He had PREINCARNATE EXISTENCE. This is clearly shown all over scripture. One undeniable instance:

John 8:56-58

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day; and he saw it, and was glad. (57) The Jews therefore said unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? (58) Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
God created man, man created religion. Religion is a business, a profit machine for those that lead it. They get the mansion on the hilltop and streets of gold while on Earth, you have to wait till your dead. Religion is a scam, thats all it is.

This part I agree with.
Jesus did not create this system.
This Corporation, or Gang of Criminals and Pirates.
There is a king over this world religion Mafia.
An ordinary man sits there as the Capo or head of the gang and exerts himself over Kings, Princes and rulers of the world.
this organization just takes different forms to carry out its work or uses client organizations to do its enforcement.
If we accepted only Jesus to be our ruler, we would overthrow these criminals and show them for what they are.
They are not religious and only use religion for their purposes.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

If we accepted only Jesus to be our ruler, we would overthrow these criminals and show them for what they are.
They are not religious and only use religion for their purposes.

And a billion Muslims say the exact same thing about Mohammad.

You of course have an advantage over those billion Muslims, you have what you were taught to believe. Your parents or some preacher said you must belive this, and you did.

Just as they did.

God gave you a mind and the ability to use it. Stop believing what your told to believe and learn to think for yourself.

Only then will you touch the face of God.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject

One of the core doctrines of biblical christianity is Christ's divinity as shown in the bible. He had PREINCARNATE EXISTENCE. This is clearly shown all over scripture. One undeniable instance:

John 8:56-58

Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day; and he saw it, and was glad. (57) The Jews therefore said unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham? (58) Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.

OK, fine.
And, what is your point?
I do not deny a divine aspect to the nature of Christ.
There is a certain degree of KNOWING that he possessed that was around forever.
But, unless Jesus was fully Man, he could not be the Christ.
So, Jesus says he was around (or the memory of knowing) during the time of Abraham and Jesus also says Abraham saw him.
So Abraham was around Judea when Jesus started his ministry and Jesus was around when Abraham was doing his ministry.
If you want to use that verse to claim godhood for Jesus, you have to go ahead and claim that Abraham is god, too.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

You said ".....Free the chains on your mind and the chains on your soul will melt away....."

I am not trying to invent a new slavery.
I am trying to point out that we are living in slavery, right now.
I want to be free from it, by first setting things in their proper places.
A world ruler, exerting authority over the Earth and all religions is wrong.
Flat-out wrong.
We have a Head and we have a King.
We have to recognize that fact and wake up from our slumber and realize we have been robbed.
They killed God and replaced Him with a new God of their own invention in order to get rid of Jesus and steal his throne for themselves.
We are suffering and dying and this is a real oppression, we just do not understand the full extent of what is being done to us.
We live in a la-la land thinking that we have good people over us.
They hide their true selves behind masks of religiosity, while they stab us in the back.
Following so-called religious leaders goes only to one place, and that is down.
They are feasting on our flesh and drinking our blood.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Oh dear! I see we have another Holy Warrior in our midst. After reading, or perhaps I should say deciphering his series of posts, I have to admit I have no idea what he is talking about -- although it does sound like a battle a brewin!

I rejected the Christian faith I was raised in when, as a young man, I actually read the writings of the early church and the "other" documents that are now starting to become more well known (The Gospel of Thomas for example). For anyone who is interested in a scholarly book that pulls back the veil of a whole hidden history of the church (it might be unfair to say hidden, just perhaps forgotten or unknown because most of this history was either oral and passed down in the orthodox monasteries, or were available until only recently in Latin and old Church Slavonic) then see Robin Amis book "A different Christianity" Probably only available in University libraries or academic bookstores.

I find myself increasingly convinced that one of the greatest threats to the survival of mankind and all life on this planet is the acquisition of political power by fundamentalists, be they Christian or Islamic. There are fundamentalists in other religions, but they tend, with the possible exception of some Hindu fundamentalists, to avoid politics, withdraw form the world, and focus on extreme ascetic practices. The Christian and Islamic fundamentalists seem to be obsessed with taking political power and forcing everyone, violently and brutally if necessary, to adopt their narrow view of reality. And if we don't, well then we have no purpose and need to be exterminated.

When people try to "save" me I just whip out something I found many years ago in a magazine.

"So you want be to believe in an immortal zombie carpenter who you telepathically accept as your master which you then symbolize by pretending he is bread so you can eat him, and you do this to get rid of this evil thing inside you that was put there because a woman made out of a rib was tricked into eating a magical fruit by a talking snake. And you think I need saving?"

We are all children of God, even those of us who the fundamentalists are sure are not.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This is said to be the true spoken word of Christ kept out of the bible called the gospel of thomas. You have to ask yourself why would they take some of these teachings away?

All clippings from www.spiritual.com.au...

3. Jesus said, "If your leaders say to you, 'Look, the (Father's) kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds of the sky will precede you. If they say to you, 'It is in the sea,' then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom is within you and it is outside you. When you know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will understand that you are children of the living Father. But if you do not know yourselves, then you live in poverty, and you are the poverty."

Righ there he basically is saying that 'your leaders' will try to convince you of something that is not true concerning life and who you are.

I like this next quote

Jesus said, "I have cast fire upon the world, and look, I'm guarding it until it blazes."

16. Jesus said, "Perhaps people think that I have come to cast peace upon the world. They do not know that I have come to cast conflicts upon the earth: fire, sword, war. For there will be five in a house: there'll be three against two and two against three, father against son and son against father, and they will stand alone.

Nice.

Jesus talk about the end.

18. The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us, how will our end come?" Jesus said, "Have you found the beginning, then, that you are looking for the end? You see, the end will be where the beginning is. Congratulations to the one who stands at the beginning: that one will know the end and will not taste death."

Thats deep. Worthy of pondering.

22. Jesus saw some babies nursing. He said to his disciples, "These nursing babies are like those who enter the kingdom." They said to him, "Then shall we enter the kingdom as babies?" Jesus said to them, "When you make the two into one, and when you make the inner like the outer and the outer like the inner, and the upper like the lower, and when you make male and female into a single one, so that the male will not be male nor the female be female, when you make eyes in place of an eye, a hand in place of a hand, a foot in place of a foot, an image in place of an image, then you will enter the kingdom."

28. Jesus said, "I took my stand in the midst of the world, and in flesh I appeared to them. I found them all drunk, and I did not find any of them thirsty. My soul ached for the children of humanity, because they are blind in their hearts and do not see, for they came into the world empty, and they also seek to depart from the world empty. But meanwhile they are drunk. When they shake off their wine, then they will change their ways."

Now here we are again.

29. Jesus said, "If the flesh came into being because of spirit, that is a marvel, but if spirit came into being because of the body, that is a marvel of marvels. Yet I marvel at how this great wealth has come to dwell in this poverty."

Controlled false religions convinced us that we are pathetic and not worthy to talk to god unless you obey the rituals of the church and pay them.

37. His disciples said, "When will you appear to us, and when will we see you?" Jesus said, "When you strip without being ashamed, and you take your clothes and put them under your feet like little children and trample them, then you will see the son of the living one and you will not be afraid."

Sounds like the shedding of the ego is needed. In the bible its referred to as the battle between the flesh(body, animal) and the spirit.

50. Jesus said, "If they say to you, 'Where have you come from?' say to them, 'We have come from the light, from the place where the light came into being by itself, established itself, and appeared in their image.' If they say to you, 'Is it you?' say, 'We are its children, and we are the chosen of the living Father.' If they ask you, 'What is the evidence of your Father in you?' say to them, 'It is motion and rest.'"

Its like an ocean. As the waves come crashing in, give them names like Bob, Jim, Kelly, Phil, Rob, Steve.. Now pull away your thought and realize that there is one ocean and each wave (person) is defined and not singular.

67. Jesus said, "Those who know all, but are lacking in themselves, are utterly lacking."

You can find many of them on this forum.

77. Jesus said, "I am the light that is over all things. I am all: from me all came forth, and to me all attained. Split a piece of wood; I am there. Lift up the stone, and you will find me there."

He also said that we are no diffrent then him so therefore we are everything.

86. Jesus said, "Foxes have their dens and birds have their nests, but human beings have no place to lay down and rest."

I always wondered this. Made me think that we dont belong on this planet, like we are aliens .

91. They said to him, "Tell us who you are so that we may believe in you." He said to them, "You examine the face of heaven and earth, but you have not come to know the one who is in your presence, and you do not know how to examine the present moment.

The power of now. Living in the moment. Echoes the works of Eckhart Tolle. Now is when everything happens.

111. Jesus said, "The heavens and the earth will roll up in your presence, and whoever is living from the living one will not see death." Does not Jesus say, "Those who have found themselves, of them the world is not worthy"?

2012? Either way it sounds like the grand game is going to end or shift.

113. His disciples said to him, "When will the kingdom come?" "It will not come by watching for it. It will not be said, 'Look, here!' or 'Look, there!' Rather, the Father's kingdom is spread out upon the earth, and people don't see it."

Its already here waiting for us.

Leave you with a little bible clipping

For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Catholicism and other religions are not real. They were invented to alienate and turn you away from any teachings.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by IvanZana]

[edit on 27-6-2008 by IvanZana]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join