It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been on this a site a long time and now I get pics

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by theukbloke

here we go.

The first excuse. Oh, I must have transposed the date , ya, whatever.

THanks for exposing the OP sherpa.

peace out

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by theukbloke
My Apologies, these have been sitting on my card for a couple of weeks and I checked the exif for date and must have got it wrong (I transpose numbers in my mind 14/6 became 16th for some reason). It was the 14th as the exif shows. I can promise that these images came right out of Adobe Lightroom - not photoshop - I have the raw files for inspection and don't know an image editor that can edit raw files - do you?

Ok, thanks for that.

Ideally the original image files need to be looked at so how do you download them to your computer, and what file extension to they have.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Thanks for showing them. Long time since I saw pictures this intrigueing.

Cool.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Tuebor

not that you are interested but I do transpose number and letters all the time, it is a common problem.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

I agree, looks processed. The image of the light is much too sharp, given the blurry nature of the tree and leaves.

It sort of looks like those shots taken through a picture window, where a reflected light from inside the house is naturally superimposed against the scene outside.

I would have blurred the object more to make it look more realistic.

You can even see a slight after image in one or two of the shots, where the thickness of the glass catches a reflection.

Not even close, imo.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

I take the images off my CF card via a card reader into light room which makes them dng (digital negatives)

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

you are finding things that are not there

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Then where does Photoshop come in to play? Usually people use Photoshop only to edit photos. There are other uses for photoshop, but I'll await your reply.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Way to go, good job!! Boy that would be kind of freaky wouldn't it now. I must say it sure has some dang bright lights, whatever it is...
Keep caring your camera with you...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by theukbloke
reply to post by sherpa

I take the images off my CF card via a card reader into light room which makes them dng (digital negatives)

I have never used that method so am not familiar with it, does your camera have a usb connector that you can connect directly with the computer.

Ideally what I am looking for personally is a jpeg extension.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
These scream military to me. Idk, it just looks manmade.

Definitely not a heli though.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Question Fate]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

+ tuebor

hmmm if i stood inside a ufo with an alien being and having a beer with it and there was an apple logo on the visible laptop you would proberly say it was a cgi... and properly be right.

now this man has a story, he has something to share, isnt it a bit early to discredit his pics

i think the photogage looks like taken as described with a 1 sec shutter speed and a digital camera. its actually possible to take a shot directly at the sun with a digital camera. the light works in another way than in old silvercoated films

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate
These scream military to me. Idk, it just looks manmade. Definitely not a heli though.

im into that wagon..

first thought was miilitary

second thought was millenium falcon...

lets hope han solo IRL sits by the wheel

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
OK for all those people out there that think these images are photoshoped, pls provide a reason why I am will to give up the negatives (the raw images) - I didn't add or change these images.

I agree the light doesn't look right, but that was a major point I made - the light doesn't look normal, it is strange- it affected my camera's sensor! I can do CGI, but this is not something I would try and fake, what gain would there be? been on here for 4 years now and never found a need for attention or even a thread of my own. Just accept the images for what they are - long exposures of something I cannot identify

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
If the images were taken directly from the card then they do not need to pass any program, a card appears on the computer as disk drive and the files can be copied in the usual way.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Because Photoshop was in the image information.

EXIF.Make / Software EXIF.Model Quality Subsamp Match?
------------------------- ----------------------------------- ---------------- --------------
SW :[Adobe Photoshop ] [Save As 06 ]

You have to understand you said these came straight from the camera, why would Photoshop be included in the image information. You still have not answered this, this was posted before me.

You have to understand, posting on ATS, you will get asked hard questions.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

install lightroom and use a DSLR - you assume from what you do that all workflows are the same!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa
Ideally what I am looking for personally is a jpeg extension.
Ideally, they should be TIFF.

They may also be in a proprietary format, I think Canon uses CR2 .

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
If you think about it, it doesn't matter if the photos are real or fake. They are lights in the sky with no discernible shape. So what if they are real....then what?

Look at what happened with soldiers footage, the O'hare thing, and the drones.......nothing. Not to say that I don't appreciate the OP's post, but for right now this is all just entertainment.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by thechi]

[edit on 27-6-2008 by thechi]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

The Raw Processor is called 'Photoshop Lightroom' made by Adobe (look it up and install if you don't believe me), photoshop was not used. I'll even put one of the files up so you can compair the exif

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join