It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Builds 4 Bases on Iraq-Iran Border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

US Builds 4 Bases on Iraq-Iran Border

www.payvand.com

TEHRAN (Fars News Agency)- The US military has constructed four advanced bases 20 miles from Iraq's border with Iran, a senior Iraqi police officer has announced.

The bases, equipped with missile launch pads, have been set up over the past four months on the Iraq-Iran border; Iraqi al-Noor newspaper quoted the official as saying.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
It looks like the pieces are getting put in place before Israel launches an attack on Iran. I wonder why the MSM has not picked up on this story or even why the Iranian government had said nothing about it.

www.payvand.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
This isn't exactly news, the FOB I was operating out of was one of the closest to that border besides those in Basra. FOB Normandy right out side of Muqdadiya is only a tad further than two or three others which are in that region.

The fact they are building more facilities has nothing to do with a colateral movement on Iran. It probably has more to do with Iraq being able to expand it's forces who are being trained by the US. Once they have their feet on the ground, we will move on and establish other operating bases.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I've heard snippets about this as long as two years ago. Including the 'super base' in the green zone.

Apparently the ptb's claim of spreading democracy and freedom are luke warm. We spend 10 to 12 billion 'a month' in Iraq. Their infrastructure has been dessimated allowing us free reign to do as we please.

The no bid oil contracts are in. Someone has to look after the contractors.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Then the question would be, why you need missile launch pads for? I understand the need for these FOB's to be in place if you are going to look for arms pooring in to the country.....but missile launch pads?!.....hmmmm

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Actually, from a defense viewpoint, any nation would want to consider putting some kind of military presence there. I think they would have placed them there regardless. I mean, Haliburton's has gotta do something to charge us for, don't they?

Bah! What do I know?

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Yeah, it's clear that the US wants war regardless of the excuse they come up with.

Iran isn't violating anyones space. But the US just keeps pushing them.

It reminds me of fights in public school. One kid wanting to fight just keeps shoving the other kid in hopes that they'll strike back. At which point they feel the fight is justified.

The world isn't a playground. And the powers that be need to understand that they aren't children.

Grow up, leave other countries alone, and they won't push back.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Our allegiance to Israel will be our downfall. The trillion spent could have ameliorated us off the oil nipple.

Too bad our leaders are oil barons.

Whispering sweet nothings to our turban headed saudi friends.

Taken over kentucky downs. Our NY infrastucture buildings.

Send in the clowns.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Our allegiance to Israel will be our downfall.

Wrong our allegiance to big corporations would be our downfall... our politicians would not care about Israel if it wasnt for the fact that many of them run on campaigns paid for by influencial jews here in the states. The same way we dont dare to touch Saudi Arabia's policies or human right record because of our economic relations.

We have become the biggest prostitute in the world!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:10 PM
link   
After further thought. I would agree with internal lobbying completely.
When the nukes/bunker busters hit the fan our fighters will be six and six.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Forward operating bases pose no threat to the Iranian military. These sort of facilities are generally reinforced outposts that are used to launch patrols from. Each base has an area of resonsibility that doesnt extend to far and are genrally manned by one or two dozen military personnel.

The article doesnt mention if the launchers are surface to surface or surface to air. I suspect that they are surface to air missles that would be used to help defend against any Iranian retaliation should Israel strike. IF Israel does strike, Iran will attack U.S. forces. No one want that, trust me, no one.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by crisko]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Bunch

I think we all know what those pads are for, come on, I don't need to answer that do I.

They can be used for counter/anti missle purposes, or as part of a stageing area for future attacks. There are really only a few reasons, so it narrows it down, I'm not going to say they are harmless slabs.

But in any case of the reason for them being there, I support it, because Iran is a threat. Be it from them sending EFPs into Iraq, or their "Niru e Qods" force or the more popularly known "Takavaran" conducting operations in Iraq, they are involved.

Then of course as this article claims we have been running ops in Iran for years;
AmericanFreePress

So it isn't exactly news, just more regurgitation of the years past. The US and Israel have been running joint clandestine operations into Iran for well over a decade. It's just when the mainstream media mentions it, the masses see it for a minute. Then forget as usual.

Patrick Buchanan was thoroughly rebuked when he remarked on the eve of the US attack on Iraq in 1991, "There are only two groups that are beating the drums for war in the Middle East -- the Israeli Defense Ministry and its amen corner in the United States." But he was saying aloud what few others were. What his national chauvinism prevented him from noticing was that, in its avidity for war, the Israeli government was acting -- as it had for more than a generation -- as the principal US client, our "local cop on the beat," as the Nixon Administration had put it.
Israel and the US War on Iraq

There is a lot more available, just wanted to point out that this is not a new development.

There is a reason covert is unknown, because the public is not supposed to know.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

and people say Iran is a threat
the meanwhile the Real threat sets up shop in another middle eastern country.

I say real threat since the US has used Lies and desception to attack a country for the sole purpose of its natural resources first using WMDs and then liberation of the Iraqi people which was GW1 part 2 which wasnt finished by georgey senior.

these bases are nothing but jokes, what happend to reducing US forces in Iraq?

the US has shown its true colors over the last few years which is an empire built on sand which is trying to keep hold of its power.

and looking at it now looks like its doing a better job in destroying its self from within then any terrorist/country could

now i wounder what the reactions would be if Iran started setting up missiles missile batteries close to the Iraqi boarder targeting the bases closet to them, for security purposes just incase the US launches an attack?

would that be seen as something natural or pre-ocative by the yanks?

when it comes down to it if the US does use these bases to attack Iran
Iran would be in the Right to retaliate,

a few dozen dead american soliders arent really gonna hurt the fat cats.
the whole purpose of the US armed forces is it ensure that their rich stay rich

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Found this recently, despite the date being a tad off, the NYer has been a fairly reliable media source.

L ate last year, Congress agreed to a request from President Bush to fund a major escalation of covert operations against Iran, according to current and former military, intelligence, and congressional sources.
The Bush Administration steps up its secret moves against Iran.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This is on cnn.com as we speak
cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com...

If those guys don't back off on the nukes they are really going to get it.
I for one hope we kick the dog # out of them. I'm still pissed about
1979 as are a lot of people. Sure it will create a mess but if we hit them
hard, and I mean really hard then it could change the pecking order in
the middle east. Now that Israel and Syria are making nice Iran is
truly isolated. I'm not talking about "Shock and awe." I mean kick the
ever loving dog # out of them. They have it coming in spades.

top topics

join