It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapper Nas makes a Fox diss track

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
He talks about how Fox news, myspace and a bunch of things.. I told you in one of my old threads that NWO influences rappers like Jay-z and Nas to play a certain role. See it for yourselves leave your thoughts www.youtube.com...

[edit on 27-6-2008 by king Pop!p]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Here is the video, for those who want to stay on ATS.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Yea their it goes I guess. It wouldn't work for me for some reason. THANKS BUDDY YOUR THE BEST!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I don't normally like rap, but the message in that one is good. I hope it gets played loud on the streets.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I would love to hear it play in the streets but highly unlikely, Streets only respect ignorance. AND I'm from Brooklyn, and very street I am!lol

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by king Pop!p

Lol. I can tell you from experince, this will not be a hit with some of my peers. We like to hear music with a nice beat and not to fond of music with positive messages in them.

P.S. I was one of those people who left the hood...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
so what would the NWO get out of using NAS to rap about what is really going on behind the scenes?

[edit on 27-6-2008 by plug_pray]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Nas annoys me. Listen to Immortal Techniques. I hate rappers who try an make money off this thing. Especially one who have just awakened and realised what is occurring in the world.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Listen at the end of the song in a Epic way he says something like "Vote for obama" or something idk (my speakers are off, the wife is sleeping lol) anyway!... To get the generation "Y" to vote for obama for a so called "change" its clear that everwhere you go and every piece of media out let their going for Obama.. Nas has influence on millions of people. he looks like the Savior to the Ghetto. Its smoke for me I dont trust him or Jay-z ( but I live their music Son!) lol
STAR THIS THREAD, PLEASE

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Nice post, sorry I didn't find it until now. Nas was on Colbert last night bringing his 620,000 signatures petitioning against Fox News to the show. He also performed Sly Fox at the end of the show, which was the first time I heard it. It was awesome. I've been looking on YouTube for the video to post here, but cannot find it. I also noticed that Comedy Central had the video on Colbert's website, but it has since been removed (hmmm, did Viacom have a problem with Nas' song?)

I did, however, find this article about the show that includes a video of Colbert explaining what happened when Nas took the petitions to Fox News' Castle of Gloom whoops I mean Headquarters, but without Nas on the actual clip, which I also found weird, considering the video was on Comedy Central's site in the last 12 hours and has since been removed...hmmm...

stereogum.com...

If I find the video I'll post it here, and I've starred and flagged, great post!

Edit: I found the clip of Nas on Colbert, I had to go to the Canadian Comedy Network's website, which posts full episodes of Colbert online...not sure if it will play outside of Canada, but it's worth a try. You can watch the full show in streaming video off the website here:
www.thecomedynetwork.ca...

Enjoy!

[edit on 24-7-2008 by matth]

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
People don't give Nas a lot of credit when he deserves it. He is one of the few rappers out there with a 3 digit IQ. What he says is generally true. I liked the song. Someone has to call out fox news in the hip hop community and to let at least their demographic know what is really going on in our country right now. This is a nightmare if it becomes popular to the elite and neocons.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I was going to post this earlier, he did the song on the colbert report and was also dissing bill o'riley (colberts idol) on the show. i dont think nas is with the NWO and illuminati, it seems as thoguth he wasnts to wake people up!

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I dunno about this song....

I usually like Nas's lyrics but this one just seems too contrived. Like...

Fox...
Big brother...

Come on, Nas....don't wade in the water. Spit some REAL truth.

posted on Jan, 9 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I just heard this song for the first time. I thought his new album was going to be racist because of what I heard the name of the album was suppose to be, I was wrong. I think its about time that someone who is in the public eye as a musician made these things public
I usually don't listen to rap, but he just jumped ship IMO.

new topics

top topics

join