It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Language split/Religous warfare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I was doing random page searches on wikipedia and i came across this..

en.wikipedia.org...

Now what this says is that Irish is a collection of the best of each language after god/aliens destroyed the tower of babel....(babel bit below)

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

I find this interesting that there are so many myths about there being an original language that show up in so many isolated cultures (what i would look upon as isolated at any rate) such as some Aborigini tribes, kenyan tribes, native american and so forth.

I am seriously begining to wonder about us humans not being from this planet.

I might and probably am so far off the mark here...but here it goes....
If we all did speak the same language way back when and were starting to get our act together just like we are today( type 1 civ all the way...woooo) and god/aliens were starting to get worried that we might usurp them, then just like in modern warfare you would disrupt communication first and foremost (the language being split) then you would attack the infrastructure (tower of babel...bear in mind babel was the only city built since the great flood).

Now all this is obvioulsy just pure conjecture but take the time to think on the subject and you should come to the same conclusion that I have, that religion is here to control us and keep us apart.
Bit of a stretch i know but would it be inconcevable that aliens planted all this nonsense in our ancestors heads to keep us divided?
Divided for what????? there is only one reason you devide a people....fear.
fear of how strong they are, fear of what they can do together, fear of what they can become!
Just a bunch of random thoughts!
Oh and peace in the middle east!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Very true i like it, just like when the romans conquered india and enacted the system where (forgot what its called im sure someone knows) your born into a sect you can never leave that sect and so on. it was a means of controlling the population and its worked for thousands of years. It would make since.
check out video i came across a few days ago

youtube.com...

edit to fix link

[edit on 27-6-2008 by stevendelorge]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
the you tube link you put up aint working! could you post it again? thanks!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
ok i fixed it but if not here again

youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by stevendelorge

As for Irish - do not know, but EU also considers it important. It is spoken by about 50000 people, but EU adopted it as a one of the 23 official languages.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

It was adopted because it had to be legally adopted cause it is one of our two offical languages and as such must also be adopted by the EU.
Maybe he meant Alexander?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
yes im sorry the aryans

Definition:
A caste system is one which divides people into a hierarchy based upon heredity. Some believe that the caste system was originally based upon color lines between the conquering Aryans and the darker, native Dravidians. In Sanskrit, the term varna, or caste, means color. The higher castes, Brahmans and Kshatriyas, were compsed of Aryans whereas the Vaisyas and Sudras were composed of native peoples.

link to page
atheism.about.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
wow i did not know that! Aryan means colour???? But weren't the Jews white??
Ill say this...its a strange ol world we live in.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Pro-genetic

Well that makes EU thing clearer. I am now searching for Irish myths. Creation and such. Maybe you know the names or pointers since i am not that interested in medieval stuff and it is what i keep finding.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
just type in hibernia, thats what the romans used to call ireland, hope thats far enough back for ya! if not let me know!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pro-genetic
I was doing random page searches on wikipedia and i came across this..

en.wikipedia.org...

Now what this says is that Irish is a collection of the best of each language after god/aliens destroyed the tower of babel....(babel bit below)

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

I find this interesting that there are so many myths about there being an original language that show up in so many isolated cultures (what i would look upon as isolated at any rate) such as some Aborigini tribes, kenyan tribes, native american and so forth.

The use of the Auraicept na n-Eces, and the Lebor Gabala Erenn(LGE) is a horrible way of proving your point. Both of those(or at least the LGE, not so sure about the Auraicept, but judging by the date I would guess it would be too) were written under CHRISTIAN influence. The LGE is a Christianization of Irish myth(and it's generally accepted that many characters, namely the Tuatha De Danaan, are euphemized Irish deities).

So that example, as evidence for isolated cultures coming up with myths similar to the Tower of Babel, doesn't work. Do you have other examples? I'd be interested in reading them.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by Pro-genetic

Well that makes EU thing clearer. I am now searching for Irish myths. Creation and such. Maybe you know the names or pointers since i am not that interested in medieval stuff and it is what i keep finding.

AFAIK, there's no surviving uniquely Irish creation myths. The closest you get is the Book of Invasions(which starts out, after a retelling of the Christian creation story, according to Wiki, and is followed by the subsequent invasions by different races).

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'm not coming up with similar myths to the tower of babel(of which there are a few) I'm comeing up with the fact that relativly isolated civilizations around the globe all have a universal language myth, not so much to do with the tower itself.
And as for those references i used, I did not have much of a choice because as far as i know(correct me if im wrong) but i think st patrick is credited with the first written manuscript from ireland, everything beforehand was oral tradition.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Pro-genetic]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pro-genetic
I'm not coming up with similar myths to the tower of babel(of which there are a few) I'm comeing up with the fact that relativly isolated civilizations around the globe all have a universal language myth, not so much to do with the tower itself.
And as for those references i used, I did not have much of a choice because as far as i know(correct me if im wrong) but i think st patrick is credited with the first written manuscript from ireland, everything beforehand was oral tradition.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Pro-genetic]

What I meant by "similar myths to the tower of babel" was the universal language myths you're talking about. Sorry for any miscommunication there.
So, could you post some more examples of these myths(from cultures isolated from the JCI religions)?

You're correct that the Irish tradition was never written down, but it doesn't change the fact that the sources you used are heavily Christianized, and I would seriously doubt if the Fenius Farsa parts of them come from a pre-existing Irish tradition.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Alright...not counting Abrahimic faiths here..... The hindus tell a pretty similar tale, but instead of a tower its a tree. The Aztecs which were destroyed before conversion to christianity tell the same flood story and language confusion. There are loads more, but a lot of those places are christian today so i dont think you would go for it, the aztecs are the only ones i could find that are dead and as such kind of immune to the christian influence.

new topics

top topics

join