It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaza truce 'violated repeatedly'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Gaza truce 'violated repeatedly'

news.bbc.co.uk

Despite the breaches, the ceasefire is officially holding, correspondents say.

Hamas, the main Palestinian group in Gaza, says it is still committed to the truce.

map

But the rocket attacks and mortar fire have come from other Palestinian groups, such as Islamic Jihad and the al-Aqsa Martyrs Brigades, which is affiliated to the Fatah faction of Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Rockets hit Israel, which says truce broken

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
so the groups that broke the ceasefire are affiliated with the Fatah group which is basicaly backed by europe/US whom israel say they will only comunicate with, ironic.

also according to this israel was also breaching the ceasefire by firing at farmers.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The recent peace agreement was never intended to be fulfilled. Israel ignored any deal and continued to build on refugee land:

Israeli settlement activity surges despite peace talks

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Yup, this truce is just as "peaceful" as others. And i also agree that this is someone who wants Hamas to fail. But if it is Fatah - i guess it is their revenge for what Hamas did to their truces with Israel - same stuff, plus of course the Hamas political failure bonus.
Listen, i personally do not think that Fatah's best interest is to keep Israel safe. It never was, and i doubt that it ever will be or if it even should be. They remember what Hamas did to them in Gaza take-over so "enemy of my enemy.." works for Israel-Fatah-US-EU getting closer. Once Hamas - Fatah rivalry will be solved somehow - friends/foes situation will change.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

agreed if Israel truely wanted to peace they would stop building in occupied land and keep their building work within international boarders.

reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

i agree with you on the fatah and hamas points

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

The recent peace agreement was never intended to be fulfilled

There was a peace agreement already? Boy, how i could have missed it - i live here and never heard about it. So this is a "new middle east"?
Great!
Refugees problem solved, Jerusalem - solved, settlements - solved,Israeli recognition - solved. I must have slept and did not notice the celebrations. Those rockets from Gaza must have being fireworks celebrating the peace.
Too bad it was never intended to be fulfilled. The ink (invisible?) is not dry yet.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Puh-lease. The Israeli government has sunk to new lows in their abuse of the Palestinian people. Peace is meaningless when you are the aggressor in an occupied area and maintain oppressive regime controls, destroying infrastructure, seizing natural resources, and basically committing painfully slow genocidal atrocities.

Even many Israelis recognize the criminal nature of the occupation.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
These truces are always a bit of a joke, in my opinion. They [both Israel and Palestine] hold fire just long enough to find a reason to kill the other.

It is offensive to watch both sides claim righteousness because the others' hands are bloodier.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

And how can we sink even lower? We were supposedly genocidal, oppressing,destroying,seizing,committing and such since 1948.
Many Israelis or few - i am not going to debate it. Look up for mandates and parties and it will clear up. There are a lot of people with a lot of opinions. I see what i see. And there is no genocide, no seizing. Destroying - yes,sadly. Oppressing-definitely. But there is no peace. Since 1948, when partition plan was rejected by all Arab leaders - there is constant conflict. Isn't this what a peace is going to solve? If it was agreed upon in 1948 - this mess would never happen.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by Maxmars

And how can we sink even lower? We were supposedly genocidal, oppressing,destroying,seizing,committing and such since 1948.
Many Israelis or few - i am not going to debate it. Look up for mandates and parties and it will clear up. There are a lot of people with a lot of opinions. I see what i see. And there is no genocide, no seizing. Destroying - yes,sadly. Oppressing-definitely. But there is no peace. Since 1948, when partition plan was rejected by all Arab leaders - there is constant conflict. Isn't this what a peace is going to solve? If it was agreed upon in 1948 - this mess would never happen.

Unless you are a representative of the government I was not referring to 'you'. I am painfully aware of the difference between the intentions of a regime and the intentions of her people.

The policy to misrepresent the aggression and 'sanitize' its dissemination by unduly influencing or otherwise interfering with journalistic coverage is what has my hackles up. It is a form of cunning, but it is nevertheless generally dishonorable. The nature of this engagement has been systematically recast and changed to avoid exposing the stark contrast between your alleged victimization and your own military behavior. I am not naive enough to believe that I know everything, and can attest to national sentiments, but I am intelligent enough to recognize and call out that Israel is conducting a propaganda war in this country. Why the Israeli government should think this is necessary I won't guess. But I see too much innocent blood and pointless violence occurring, and somehow the Americans never get a proper account of the events. That kind of 'honesty' belies friendship.

Sorry, I call it as I see it.

new topics

top topics

join