It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking to the future of ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Mods, Sorry if this is not worthy of RATS. I just wanted to discuss the future and potential of ATS. With ATSNN the community is already starting to reach out and provide great information and opinions to the net, not just being a brilliant archive of conspiracy topics. I think that Above top secret could potentially become so much more, a major figure of fresh / 'alternative' news provided by the wealth of intellectual and deidicated members. I already think that ATS is the best source of information and discussion on the net, but the potential to help 'deny ignorance' on a major scale is huge. I have also been thinking alot about the discussed topic of an ATS publication. This is the next step, getting the right information heard.

My vision of Above top Secret grows more and more as the staff continue to build a better site. I think as a community we can take ATS to great places. I would love to hear members visions of the site inthe future. I hope this thread can be a place to discuss the potential of what we have at ATS.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
earthone i recently got docked 250 points for genral disscusion on RATS, i suggest you withdraw your post now

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I think that the point is valid, but not for RATS. Everyone should be able to comment on this one.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
I think that the point is valid, but not for RATS. Everyone should be able to comment on this one.

Very true. The idea is valid and should reach a wider audience.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky

Originally posted by intrepid

Very true. The idea is valid and should reach a wider audience.

I see no problem with it as long as it doesnt encourage people to create more "jesus was _____ insert random quality here" threads or the like, as long as thats not the future of our board then I see no problem this becoming a public topic.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
if it continu to grow this way, it'll be bigger than yahoo, cnn and msn, and it will probably require a freaking room full of servers...

Hope thoses ads pay good...and that there's other generous people who will make donations...

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I think a publication would be a great idea, nothing large to start though......It would be a great way to let the masses know about conspiracy related topics and how people feel about such issues. The problem is the cost.....Publication on any scale can be expensive if not extremely. Maybe a e-mail publication to start and maybe eventually move towards a publication with subscription costs, of course for those who want to pay.....Its the only way you could cover the costs.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I can understand wanting to reach as many people as possible. But, just a friendly mention here, bigger is NOT always better. There are countless things that outgrew their purpose. And got ruined.
I would hate for that to happen here.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Agreed, reguardless of whats next it should be concise and meaningful. Unfortuenently, one barrier one will most likely run up against is money.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
There are countless things that outgrew their purpose. And got ruined.

I understand your fears, but large growth is never bad thing. It just means that more quality controls have to be applied, teaching new members how to make good threads. I have had my issues with some of the new rules and features being imposed but I can see how they will benefit the community as it grows.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
im new to these boards, the info here is great, all under 1 roof so to say, i know nothing of this RATS site, if someone could furnish me with a link, kudos to you.
there are alot of questions i have pondering in my head,this site has helped me to answer some, mind provocing,stimulating,enlightening all great stuff.i ponder these boards atleast 4 times a day for the lastest scoop, keep up the good work people of the world and spread your knowledge for others to learn

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tetrahydro
i know nothing of this RATS site,

Keep posting man! You need 3500 of those points to access this forum. Don't worry, your not missing much. The odd board drama here and there. Welcome Tetrahydro!

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
There are countless things that outgrew their purpose. And got ruined.

I understand your fears, but large growth is never bad thing. It just means that more quality controls have to be applied, teaching new members how to make good threads. I have had my issues with some of the new rules and features being imposed but I can see how they will benefit the community as it grows.

I am impressed by the way this forum is run. By far the best organized. It's not easy keeping so many posting going along the same path.
Kudos to those-who-run ATS/BTS/ATSNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

join