It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

\"Kill cops\" Rant Lands Man In Jail

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
hey whatever happened to that kid ranting about killing
GWBush. Did they ever get him, he looked really serious in
his youtube video.

I dont know about this. Some punk kid could take
his advice and really kill a cop. You know those gangsters look
up to each other, they would do anything for each other.
Its kinda like the kids who shouted fire
in the movie theatre and claimed free speech. YOu do have to draw
the line somewhere.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bachelor

...what can you get away with exactly and what can't you?

Excellent question, that has no answer. It's completely discretionary on the part of the police-state we now live in. Looking at someone the wrong way can be considered a terroristic threat which you can be arrested and prosecuted for. Standing up for your rights will get you arrested for public nuisance, disorderly conduct, and resisting arrest.

You can't get away with anything once you have been targeted for any reason.

We do not live under the rule of law, but under arbitrary policy. They even have laws that allow them to make up even more laws to prosecute you after the fact.

You aren't supposed to know what is "illegal" because then you could avoid their authority.

I was actually arrested, taken to jail, and had to post bail one night for speeding because the cop "forgot" his ticket book. I had to pay the towing and impound fee as well.

[edit on 6/27/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
I was actually arrested, taken to jail, and had to post bail one night for speeding because the cop "forgot" his ticket book. I had to pay the towing and impound fee as well.

Geez... that's kinda scary.

Cops scare me anyway. It's hard to trust anyone that makes their living from destroying people's lives... all under the guise of that "protect and serve" crap.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

A hate filled rant on Youtube? Come on folks, there are thousands of hate filled rants on that site, if only you could translate every video and comment posted. The guy has every right to say what he said and the cops had every right to arrest him for putting his video out there based on the grounds that this guy picked a wrong topic to rant about. Not a big fan of cops that abuse their power but having a police force is necessary when it comes to keeping the peace. There are bad people out there and we need more good cops to keep the peace.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

...but having a police force is necessary when it comes to keeping the peace.

Is it now? Gee I wonder how civilization existed for thousands of years without police. Maybe you weren't aware of the fact that the first police force did not exist until 1829, in London.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Um, I'm a little confused how we got from this obvious nut case...who committed a pretty obvious crime...to the 'police state violated his rights and no one is safe!'???

Even his own wife easily recognized it for what it was...and expressed her outrage at his stupidity.

I don't know about most of you, but I probably didn't need to read this story or the specific law in question to have known that calling for the death of anybody is not such a good idea.

Inciting a crime, is a crime. Is this really a surprise to anyone?

Oh, and what a wonderful example he set for his children.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by loam]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Res Ipsa

You are 100% right Res.

But kids these days use "nazi" because they think it makes them sound cool.

on topic:

i agree with the OP. What did this guy expect?
Its not 'artistic expression'
its some nimrod whos spouting off at the mouth

no different than the "DONT TASE ME BRO" guy
he deserved what he got, so does the guy in this article

there is a reason that society has laws and its to keep civility, decorum, decency.

Otherwise, what seperates us from primitive man besides a few cars, a refridgerator, and a zippo lighter?

You can't run up and down an aisle on an airplane screaming bomb.
that wouldnt be considered artistic....or would it

there are some people who make me ponder that last statement.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

...there is a reason that society has laws and its to keep civility, decorum, decency.

How's that working out for you? Because we have more laws than ever before, and I don't see any of this "civility" you are talking about. In fact, there seemed to be a lot more of it when there were less laws.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andrew E. Wiggin
reply to post by Res Ipsa

Otherwise, what seperates us from primitive man besides a few cars, a refridgerator, and a zippo lighter?

If you really take a good look at people, and society, you'll find that the answer to this question is: "not much."

In response to the original topic, it sort of seems like common sense. He makes threats, and action is taken. Some people seem to take things too far in saying this is the end of our rights, and the police are going to eat our babies and such. This IS a free country, but "freedom" in the context of a government and a society doesn't mean you can go around doing whatever the hell you want all the time. That would be chaos. There ARE limits.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Wintermute

This IS a free country, but "freedom" in the context of a government and a society doesn't mean you can go around doing whatever the hell you want all the time. That would be chaos. There ARE limits.

Chaos is not knowing what you can and can't do, not knowing what to expect, which is exactly the way our legal system operates.

What ARE the limits? Answer, whatever the cop and the judge say, and for whatever reason, even if they just plain old don't like you.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Chaos is not knowing what you can and can't do, not knowing what to expect, which is exactly the way our legal system operates.

What ARE the limits? Answer, whatever the cop and the judge say, and for whatever reason, even if they just plain old don't like you.

Okay, while this IS true and our legal system is sometimes screwy, there is a certain amount of common sense that goes into laws and the breaking thereof. I mean, if you're about to post a video on youtube calling for the death of police officers, you've got to stop and think to yourself "is this going to get me into trouble?" Maybe there's no handy book of laws to find the answer to this, but any sensible person would realize that threatening the life of police officers is bad for business.

On the other hand, however, there isn't any consistency, as was pointed out by the comments about Michael Reagan. And this is a problem. But still, I hold true to the fact that living with common sense will get you far. I'm not talking about living in fear of the law by any means, but if you think to yourself "if I were a cop, and I saw some a-hole do this, would I be inclined to arrest them?" and the answer is "yes," then you might want to think again about doing whatever it is.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Wintermute

Well, there certianly is a world of difference between what should be and what is, I'll give you that. But there is no justice when laws are not applied consistently, and are applied arbitrarily instead.

[edit on 6/28/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

How's tha tworking for me huh?

well let see
i dont scream bomb on a plane
i dont yell fire at a movie theater (unless htere is one)

and i dont scream KILL COPS KILL COPS KILL COPS
so it keeps me in line, because i know ill get in deep **** if i do.

Now - however brash your reply may be, it does bring up another problem

enforcement of the law

which these police officers have done - and justifiably in my opnion - but there are those who say "omg you savage beasts you!"

please. Call them savage beasts when they're pulling one of these psycho's off of you while he's beating your face in for being different.

Police exist for a reason. And its not to "enslave us all"

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Even trying to sympathize with the idea that death threats should be protected by freedom of speech, I find the argument lacking and without merit. Freedoms are always saddled with proportionate responsibilities in how we exercise those freedoms.

The right to bear arms does not imply a right to open fire.

The right to freedom of religion does not imply a right to force your beliefs upon others.

The right to freedom of speech implies accountability for what is said.

The man HAD his freedom of speech. He publically voiced his opinions (Though I would wager that he was less voicing his own opinions than harping what he feels mass media would expect of him) and, after voicing those opinions, he was made accountable. As simple as that.

C'mon. We all know there are boundaries. Even posting HERE, on this site, there are a stringent set of rules which have to be followed. Failure to follow those rules will create reaction. Death threats represent the extreme in what we can verbally do to harm (through fear) others, and they should be responded to in a proactive way. He could have said "I hate cops" and he would have held up HIS end of responsibility to our freedoms. An arrest for THAT statement WOULD violate his rights.

Instead he went for a cheap Internet Ego *pop* by utilizing exaggerated terminology. He has only himself to blame. He tried to be a gangster and wound up an inmate. If anything stories, such as this, are beneficial in helping others realize the folly of such endeavors.

I have no love for the police but it defies logic to cite corruption within an entity to justify a corruption in how we interact with it. Evil begets evil. The fact that this man is imprisoned is not a valid case to state that we live in a police state, or under a totalitarian regime...

We have COUNTLESS valid indicators for that conclusion. Let's not cloud the issue by trying to use this as an example.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
I'd like to take a look at the video in question before I can clearly understand whether or not this guy deserved to be arrested like he was. I searched on Youtube & just found a bunch of comedy. I suppose the fried bread eaters have persuaded Youtube to take it down.

If he was just talking crap - what's the big deal? Sounds like the servants in Philly deserve the social commentary.

If he specifically asked certain persons which he knew would be watching to shoot specific people - then maybe it was a crime, but until I see the video and the context it was in I will reserve judgment.

If the guy was going to kill people or seriously ask people, I don't think he'd get up and rant about it on youtube - he'd do it a silently as he could so he could get away with it. I just don't think this guy was serious and I think the servants just don't like to be disrespected, so they are going to make an example out of him.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by josephine
Some punk kid could take his advice and really kill a cop.

Some neo-conservative just might take Reagan's advice and start killing "twoofers" and kill Andrew Dice.

You know those gangsters look up to each other, they would do anything for each other.

You know those neocons look up to each other and would do anything for each other.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This guy will go free...he broke NO LAW. There is NO law against wishing anything....where it stops is when the speaker INTENDS to provoke a violent retaliation...that is disorderly conduct. If no violent retaliation is intended, there is no offense.

The scummy pigs that arrested this guy are the real enemies of freedom.How many of you here are old enough to remember the Black Panthers and the hassles they caused back in the 60's? They were calling for pigs to be shot all day long and no one charged them for making a film and showing their hatred for the cops.

This man did ZERO against the law and he WILL be found innocent; these phony charges will never get to trial and will be thrown out. It is NOT illegal unless yopu specifically target someone or say something like: " Next Wednesday at 3 pm I will strom the 18th Precint and kill all the filthy pigs there". That MIGHT be cause for a charge...but it would have a hard time getting a conviction because it is on TAPE and is NOT a personal and actual threat. threats must cause the person to feel afraid and that violence is immanent...which is not the case here.

If someone says: " I wish "...or " I hope "...that is NOT a threat...it has to be " I WILL "..before it is a threat. In this day and age the scummy cops, especially in Philly, where they have been corrupt and vicious law breakers for generations, assume that they can arrest anyone for anything and some prosecutor will get their backs..and sadly that is true...instead of seeking justice the prosecutors just try to get the pigs wishes met while we all lose our rights..a sick nation.

I wish that one hundred...one thosand,,ONE MILLION people would do the same exact videos and lets see how the pigs track a million people down and charge them for some phony offense just to show how mad they are!! We need a group of lawyers, nationwide, that would instantly challenge ALL arrests that interfere with our rights and SUE the cops who arrest falsely or whose case ends up being thrown out. Cops suck and so do those who want to turn wishes and wants into reality.

When it is some unpopular enemy the people think its fine to rant and rave about killing them..but when it comes to a scummy cop, everyone falls all over themselves to react insanely....get over it..cops are the arm of the enemy that abuses us, so stop idolizing the filth and assuming that they are somehow ' special '...they are NOT!!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
How's that working out for you? Because we have more laws than ever before, and I don't see any of this "civility" you are talking about. In fact, there seemed to be a lot more of it when there were less laws.

Maybe it will come back now that we can defend ourselves once again. I believe here in DC that the crooks will start thinking twice now that they know their taget might be packin also.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
If anything stories, such as this, are beneficial in helping others realize the folly of such endeavors.

Are such stories like that of Reagan calling for death threats helping others realize the folly of this racist country where a priveleged white blow-hard who happens to be the adopted son of an expresident can call for murder but yet a black man can't do the same? Is this what we want to continue to teach our young?

I in no way endorse the calling of murder of anyone. Punishible for one should be punishible for the other in a fair and just society. Too bad we are far from fair and just.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Most that are posting stating this is not police state tactics have never faced the machine and had an insane prosecutor in your face. Its call freedom of speech.

At the most the video should be taken down and he should receive a warning not to incite a crime. Then if he does it again they know he is not just "ranting".

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join