It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Declares National Emergency? why?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I think it is because NK has opened its reactors to inspection.
He wants to make sure that no one mistakes this show of good intent as a sign of commerce or trading with the US and its allies.

Good idea possibly as first chance NK had, they would freight over our doom.

Making sure no Nation we sponsor, does business with NK.

Just hope it is not his door to Martial Law.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Element-115

Something, something, something ...
Daark ssside...

Something, something , something ...
Lord Vader...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

Yeah, well I know some gun totin' Hillbillies that would know just what to do with your little spybot.

Dont Doubt Americans and their friends...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Element-115

Looks a lot like the Pope to me...

Not a one-liner now.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
If a similar paper was given for the Iraq war, then why shouldn't we be thinking Bush is heading down the same path??

I mean last time they sent in investigators and everything, and did he listen?? What's to make us think he is going to listen this time?? Look at his history, it is not good. The mere fact that he has the country on Emergency is not good. Is that like, oh what do they call that, orange level or something... How is America standing?

The other thing is, with the NYSE dropping so much in the last short while, and the oil and gas prices going up, and food prices skyrocketing, then I wouldn't be surprised if marshal law did take effect soon in the states. Maybe I watch to much TV, but this is all reminding me of "V for Vendetta", and you know who the bad guy and his buddy's are.

I realize that what happens in America will effect everyone on the planet, but just the same I am glad I don't live there.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
You know, Bush is a moron. We all know that. But he is not trying to set a precedent for martial law. If he were, why would he be in favor of the supreme court ruling allowing "everyone the right to bear arms as defined by the second amendment in the constitution" ? If he really wanted martial law, that would be the LAST thing he would want the civilians to have.

People keep spinning their wheels here on ATS, proclaiming doom is just around the corner at every turn. The state of affairs in this country is certainly poor, but we are still alive and kicking -- no military forces are busting down our front doors! You guys have been saying this stuff for years (and society has been saying it for centuries). Bush is a moron, plain and simple. He doesn't have the intelligence to coordinate a martial law effort. Give it up, already.

[edit on 6/27/2008 by pjslug]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Element-115
Yeah but not his face... it's someone else I photoshopped into the image.

Yeah it's the current Pope.

I am a Star Wars fan and I can tell thats not the Emperor. The Pope does have a striking resemblance to him though.

Anyway, I'm not sure this is something to be alarmed about. Since we are in perpetual state-of-emergency Bush doesn't need to pass anything off to declare martial law.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Originally posted by Element-115
Yeah but not his face... it's someone else I photoshopped into the image.

Yeah it's the current Pope.

I am a Star Wars fan and I can tell thats not the Emperor. The Pope does have a striking resemblance to him though.

Anyway, I'm not sure this is something to be alarmed about. Since we are in perpetual state-of-emergency Bush doesn't need to pass anything off to declare martial law.

- Lee

Yes Lee!!! It's him! And you're right!

Kudos!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
Translation: We (The U.S. and North Korea) are still seeking resolution of our nuclear differences through diplomacy, not military action.

Yeah! And they said that about Iraq! That worked well! No leadup to an excuse for Martial Law here, I'm sure.

Translation: Sec. 1 - U.S. citizens aren't allowed to trade or negotiate for any property with North Korea without authorization or a contract approved by the U.S. government.

Translation: Sec. 2 - You can't register any mode of transportation in North Korea without U.S. authorization. You also cannot obtain authorization by N. Korea or anyone but the U.S. government to fly the North Korean on a mode of transportation.

SOP. Typical and expected... Smoke screen to the plans ahead.

Now if only Iran would follow this example and give a full disclosure of their "peaceful nuclear ambitions", a lot of pressure would be off in the Middle East. Isreal would quit rattling the sabre and most likely the proce of oil would drop due to some perceived stability in the region.

The Iran thing is all about the oil being sold cheaply on the market in Euros. The nuclear creppola is another smoke screen. The lizard-hearted want to take us over, and (like 9/11 was engineered to motivate us into accepting war at all) they are engineering reasons to declare Martial Law.

But you sit complacently. Nothing to worry about, I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
At the time of this white house memo was activated . We were still under another national emergence declaration www.whitehouse.gov... The ending date is Sept 20 2008

President Bush has had National Emergency powers since 9/11/2001

Reading this post i saw mention of NSPD - 51

Please read this post COG was implemented on 9/11 has it been ended ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Unless this has been disproven before, it seems that the US is currently now under four States of National Emergency:

"Since March 9, 1933, the United States has been in a state of declared national emergency. In fact, there are now in effect four presidentially proclaimed states of national emergency: In addition to the national emergency declared by President Roosevelt in 1933, there are also the national emergency proclaimed by President Truman on December 16, 1950, during the Korean conflict, and the states of national emergency declared by President Nixon on March 23, 1970, and August 15, 1971.'

www.barefootsworld.net...

So, just throw this one on the pile with the rest.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by FewWorldOrder]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
We are sooooooooooo screwed

What's next, martial law?

Bush is EVIL!
Exactly,IMAdamnAlien this is the lead up to the FEMA camps and all that goes with it.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by msdesertrat
I'm a bit confused about which emergency orders DO pertain to NSPD-51.

Since the country has been in a continual state of emergency since 9-11 as a result of the president re-upping executive order 13224 every September since 2001, aren't we still in a state of emergency in which martial law could be declared?

www.whitehouse.gov...

Now that link scares me. "Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to Persons Who Commit, Threaten to Commit, or Support Terrorism". They don't really give a definition for "Threaten to Commit" or "Support Terrorism". Reminds me how they say they weren't torturing inmates, just "hurting them to the point of death". WTF? The Military Commissions Act of 2006 "criminalizes any challenge to the legislation's legality by the Supreme Court or any United States court".

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I was also concerned about this when I first looked at the title of this post. And we certainly have a right to be concerned about anything GWB does.

The way the law process works:

If there is a law on the books, and it changes, but only a small part of it changes, you have to rewrite the WHOLE law with the only changes being made that which actually changed.

North Korea has always been on the banned trade list, along with Cuba and some other countries. This new order does not change this.

As several posters have clearly stated, all that has happened is a relaxation of some of those laws. So what we are seeing is a reposting of that which was already in place with older material deleted or changed.

I too am concerned that Bush will invoke executive orders and stop the election process, but this ain't it. This is a move in the right direction, which we can be grateful for. We need to support our leaders when they do something right. This leader doesn't give us much of an opporunity to do this, so take it when you get it.

Moving right on along, nothing to see here.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
From my point of view

The Shrub err Bush Administration has the stage set .
They have National emergencies enacted . The Continuity of Government was enacted on 911 Then it was superseded with NSPD-51 which many parts are secret . We dont know if COG was ever rescinded .

Is it just me or are the walls closing in ?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
no conspiracy here. it's legit.

in fact - wait for it -

it IS 2 legit 2 quit.

read the doc and its fine. nwo takeover is a fraud. sorry - but true.

ufos - yes

nwo - no

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I swear to god if this idiotic man intends to stay on longer he will be met by my resistance. I will not see this country decline any further due to the inadequacies of this power hungry war monger.

If he tries to extend the powers of this state of emergency then I call any true patriot left in this country to petition against his extension of power. We need a new president and he better not get in the way of the elections.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I am really tired of the Bush bashing. He is just doing things by the book so to speak. Yes the war in Iraq was a mistake, but come on...We will have a new POTUS after the election. Calm down. Gore lost, Kerry lost and Obama will loose
Sorry had to toss in the last one. BTW I am one of the 30 percent who like Bush. So bash us not him. Respect the office.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Bush won't leave in October- GUARANTEED.

He's got the b@lls to do this- he won't be afraid to cancel the election, declare martial law, and play golf (since he gave that up for the Iraq war and all...)

North Korea issues??? Iran yesterday, Korea today, Iraq everyday, no-where tomorrow. This man is sickly twisted and corrupt and now its trickling to our government. You can't deny this man has no soul.

I searched for it in headlines and google- Nothing at all. You'd have to go here or their website to even see it. It's obvious this is being done under peoples noses.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This was designed so that N. Korea would take steps to do what we wanted them to do. This was a classic case of saber rattling...

Responding to the opening by Pyongyang, the United States moved on Thursday towards taking the North off its list of state sponsors of terrorism and issued a proclamation lifting some sanctions under the Trading with the Enemy Act.

Source: North Korea blows up reactor cooling tower

I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, find that the current existence and risk of the proliferation of weapons-usable fissile material on the Korean Peninsula constitute an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States, and I hereby declare a national emergency to deal with that threat. I further find that, as we deal with that threat through multilateral diplomacy, it is necessary to continue certain restrictions with respect to North Korea that would otherwise be lifted pursuant to a forthcoming proclamation that will terminate the exercise of authorities under the Trading With the Enemy Act (50 U.S.C. App. 1 et seq.) (TWEA) with respect to North Korea.

Executive Order: Continuing Certain Restrictions with Respect to North Korea and North Korean Nationals

My take is he implemented this executive order as a direct threat to N Korea in order to force them to start dismantling their nuclear program.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join