It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Declares National Emergency? why?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Geez people, read the content of the material AND understand it before you jump to your simple-minded conclusions;

I further find that, as we deal with that threat through multilateral diplomacy, it is necessary to continue certain restrictions with respect to North Korea that would otherwise be lifted pursuant to a forthcoming proclamation that will terminate the exercise of authorities under the Trading With the Enemy Act (50 U.S.C. App. 1 et seq.) (TWEA) with respect to North Korea.

Translation: We (The U.S. and North Korea) are still seeking resolution of our nuclear differences through diplomacy, not military action.

Section 1. Except to the extent provided in statutes or in regulations, orders, directives, or licenses that may be issued pursuant to this order, and notwithstanding any contract entered into or any license or permit granted prior to the date of this order, the following are blocked and may not be transferred, paid, exported, withdrawn, or otherwise dealt in:
all property and interests in property of North Korea or a North Korean national
that, pursuant to the President's authorities under the TWEA, the exercise of which has been continued in accordance with section 101(b) of Public Law 95-223 (91 Stat. 1625; 50 U.S.C. App. 5(b) note), were blocked as of June 16, 2000, and remained blocked immediately prior to the date of this order.

Sec. 2. Except to the extent provided in statutes or in regulations, orders, directives, or licenses that may be issued pursuant to this order, and notwithstanding any contract entered into or any license or permit granted prior to the date of this order, United States persons may not register a vessel in North Korea, obtain authorization for a vessel to fly the North Korean flag, or own, lease, operate, or insure any vessel flagged by North Korea.

Translation: Sec. 1 - U.S. citizens aren't allowed to trade or negotiate for any property with North Korea without authorization or a contract approved by the U.S. government.

Translation: Sec. 2 - You can't register any mode of transportation in North Korea without U.S. authorization. You also cannot obtain authorization by N. Korea or anyone but the U.S. government to fly the North Korean on a mode of transportation.

That's it. It lifts some of the sanctions put into place a while back, and today Bush took North Korea off the terrorist "Black List" because of their full disclosure of their nuclear activities to China and the U.N.

Now if only Iran would follow this example and give a full disclosure of their "peaceful nuclear ambitions", a lot of pressure would be off in the Middle East. Isreal would quit rattling the sabre and most likely the proce of oil would drop due to some perceived stability in the region.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by sos37]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I thought things were getting better with N. Korea. I just saw them blow up the nuclear tower on the news. Why the sudden reversal?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
After thinking about this I have to wonder, why are some of you opposed to negotiating with NK or this easing of sanctions. The process seems to be going well. This is all connection to the cooling tower being destroyed.

Those of you who completely misunderstood this due to not bothering to read anything but the misleading title; how sad. You apparently don't even know this is about North Korea.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
If We Could do this with Cuba, I'd be impressed. It then makes me fear there will just be a new "Bad Guy" to fill that vaccum.

-ADHD

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
I thought things were getting better with N. Korea. I just saw them blow up the nuclear tower on the news. Why the sudden reversal?

It is not a reversal. It is a former order being changed. It is actually an easing of the former sanctions. It means that we are heading in the right direction.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Basically, it's just prohibiting people in the United States from dealing with North Korea.

Nothing exciting here.

prohibiting me?
nothing exciting?

A GOVERNMENT CAN ONLY PROTECT MY GOD GIVEN RIGHTS!

I am sovereign under GOD alone.

I don't need a license.
I don't need a permit.
I don't need permission.

If I wish to send a care package of pecans to North Korea I damn sure will.

With or without bush
With or without a white house

I'll walk the pecans to Mexico if I have to, take a boat to Cuba, and ship them from there.

Stop Me.

"Those Who Sacrifice Liberty For Security Deserve Neither" -Brother Ben

I am,

Sri Oracle

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Every time something horrible or major disaster hits our world, be that war or natural catastrophe... I always hear Ambassador KOSH say these words in my head :" ...AND SO IT BEGINS..."

Naturally he's referring to the coming of the Shadow Wars...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bamaoutlaw

Sounds like Emperor Palpatine's speech in Attack of the Clones where he declared 'emergency powers',whats next Bush creating a 'grand army of the republic'?On a serious note it sounds like what we did to Japan prior to the bombing of Pearl Harbor,I know we have been doing this since 2001,but to keep doing could exaggerate some things between us and North Korea.

**I have a dumb question: Does 'U.S.C.' stand for the United States Constitution?lol

[edit on 6/27/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Element-115

"The avalanche has begun, it's too late for the pebbles to vote."
-kosh

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Didn't you just love how Sheridan ALWAYS HAD TO HAVE ORANGE JUICE?

I miss that show... Wasn't too happy with the latest Lost Tales though...

I'm waiting to see if someone would figure out who my avatar is... I spent 5min making him in Photoshop...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

My Friend (if I may);

You're statement is, of course understood. However I recognize a social contract between all humans that compels us to cooperate with each other, even unto our own demise. We must not let the posturing of the antagonist determine our reality anymore than we can ignore our connection to all those who suffer under them.

Back to the thread.

What effect, I wonder, will the cessation of economic activity achieve, towards our stated objectives? The people of North Korea are for the largest part, starving, displaying the effects of trans-generational malnourishment. The people can hardly be called a threat.

We have the image of another, "rogue" head of state scenario to be played out here, for that is certainly where they are heading. Most may be aware that the actually 'leadership' of that nation is not definitively associated with its stated 'head', but nevertheless, an embodiment of a "bad guy" is present.
Whom are we punishing, him? The people are totally overun and incapable of dealing with their 'totalitarian government'. What do we think is happening to those bearing the burden of our economic war?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Who are you? What do you want?
Kosh was a p*** ant compared to that immortal guy, and to try and stop yet more "Off topic, here are some more minus points" notices on my ass.

I still think N Korea Hackers are screwing around with your government servers, bush just can't say it since the Generals would lose face.
Some NK Hackers Article thing

And here's what's waiting for our troops when we come a knocking

Owwsies NK Killer Robots

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Your avatar is Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars,but what is the 'Shadow Wars'??

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

This is not a reversal, they have lifted the sanctions! That's all this document says. Look, here's a news release about it:

NORTH Korea and the US yesterday took their biggest steps towards reconciliation since the Korean War after the reclusive state handed China a long-delayed account of its nuclear activities.

President Bush responded by announcing that he would lift trade sanctions dating back to the 1950-53 conflict and remove North Korea from the US terrorism blacklist. The moves could be reversed quickly if North Korea, which tested a nuclear device two years ago, does not comply with US demands to abandon its nuclear programme in a verifiable way.

Source: www.independent.ie...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

So young... so tragically young.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by bamaoutlaw

Sounds like Emperor Palpatine's speech in Attack of the Clones where he declared 'emergency powers',whats next Bush creating a 'grand army of the republic'?On a serious note it sounds like what we did to Japan prior to the bombing of Pearl Harbor,I know we have been doing this since 2001,but to keep doing could exaggerate some things between us and North Korea.

[edit on 6/27/2008 by jkrog08]

Way to spread disinformation. It's exactly the opposite and things are moving toward peace, not war with North Korea. Read the news story.

www.independent.ie...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

??????
what?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Your avatar is Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars,but what is the 'Shadow Wars'??

Yeah but not his face... it's someone else I photoshopped into the image.

But, we better stop talking about this cause sourpuss is going to murder us and set fire to our corpses.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Well I only read the first few posts,if what you say is the case than the OP is a bit misleading.......none the less it is great that we are making peacful strides with NK.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Okay,well then could you u2u me what the 'shadow wars' are?Thanks

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join