It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court Systems failing

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Originally posted by harvib

If I'm not mistaken this Country was previously occupied prior to individuals that spoke English calling it their own.

Our European ancestors Took or Conquered this land and made it our own, are you suggesting the Hispanics do the same?

I'm not racist but If we didn't make is so easy for them to come here, they would have no choice but to fix the problems in their own countries.

Our ancestors conquered the land and have made it into one of the greatest nations in the history of known civilization. Unfortunately, our luxurious lifestyle has given rise to a large number of people who suffer from a collective guilt that tells them they don't deserve to enjoy the fruits of their ancestor's work. They funnel their guilt into all sorts of programs and ideals that pretty much mean anybody who hates the American ideal is entitled to feel that way while simultaneously exploiting that ideal for their own gain. Their collective guilt also leads them to believe that anybody who DOESN'T feel like handing over what their ancestor's worked and fought for is somehow unenlightened or uneducated.

The simple fact here is that this is America. Everyone here has the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. To suggest that the pursuit of the American ideal of happiness somehow extends to people who sneak into this country is criminal. There are many metaphors for the invasion we're experiencing. Suffice to say that if the guy eating your dinner isn't you, you'd probably expect him to at least have the courtesy to say thank you when he's done. More often though, he'll just throw the leftover trash on your floor and walk back to his house to tell everyone else about the free food.

It's amazing to me how many of the "collective guilters" completely disregard the overwhelming disgust that LEGAL immigrants have toward the criminals who sneak in. There are scores of people who have come here with a dream and a goal and done everything in their power to live the American dream. You think it's unfair for us to expect them to speak english? How fair is that the legal immigrants are being cast aside in favor of the fence hoppers?

I don't feel guilty because I was born in a country founded on ideals that made it great.

I don't feel guilty because I have more opportunities than someone else.

I don't feel guilty because I have made the most of the opportunities I was given.

I don't feel guilty because you think I should.

An illegal immigrant is a criminal by that very definition.

An illegal immigrant is NOT less than human and should not be treated as such.

An illegal immigrant should also NOT be allowed to stay in this country.

Any person who wants others to conform to their ideals (language, culture, etc.) should be prepared to enforce that mandate by force, physical or economic.

Any person going into a situation where they can not enforce their own cultural mandates should either adapt or leave.

Standing up and shouting for "equality" that favors ignorance and criminal activity ignorant and criminal in itself.

This is neither democrat nor republican.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by StudioGuy]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Our European ancestors Took or Conquered this land and made it our own, are you suggesting the Hispanics do the same?

I don't believe I implied that in any way. Please review the post on which that quote was taken to understand the context...

[edit on 2-7-2008 by harvib]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by StudioGuy

I don't think this debate has anything to do with guilt. I also don't think anybody here "hates America".

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join