It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Court Systems failing

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

So we are now all required to do as the majority would have us do? So if the majority become vegetarion we also now must become vegetarian. Or if the majority don't want to own firearms now we must also comply.

As Americans are we striving for a free society or not? Do we even know the diffrence? Do we not understand that when we demand others be penalized for being a minority that we are concedeing that infact we should be penalized as well when we hold a minority aspect.

When are people going to start worrying about protecting our own rights instead of demanding that everyone elses' rights be taken away and then complaining when they have lost their own rights in the process. You can't take someone else's rights away without removing your own. Period

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire[...] I would relocate, not out of a refusal to learn a new language, but the demographics would make me a minority.

You would leave your motherland because you were a minority???

I humbly suggest sir, you need a spine.

@OP:

The system doesn't work because most people want easy solutions. Its a complicated world though, working easy solutions are mostly a myth.

So, the populists will underfund the courts out of refusal to admit there is a problem. The problem of-course will only escalate...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by harvib
reply to post by LDragonFire

Fair enough. The majority of those who also wrote those articles were Christian. Does that mean we should impose Christianity on people as well? Furthermore latin is on our own currency and emblems. How many of us know Latin?

I disagree with your statement The USA was founded by Secret Societies and Not Christianity.

Besides your comparing religion/faith to language/communication.

Please give some examples of one group of people moving to another country and expecting the host country to conform to there language and customs.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackProjects

I would agree with you that it sounds like a failure in the investigation process.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gekko

Originally posted by slackerwire[...] I would relocate, not out of a refusal to learn a new language, but the demographics would make me a minority.

You would leave your motherland because you were a minority???

I humbly suggest sir, you need a spine.

The nation has gone downhill as it has gotten more "diverse". Large numbers of 3rd world immigrants have basically invaded the nation. Why would I want to be part of that?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire
reply to post by harvib

If an immigrant gives birth to a child here (native born American) that child needs to speak english, regardless of the fact that they may learn their parents language as well.

Everyone should speak the language business is conducted in here, aka English.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by slackerwire]

What gives you the right to deciede that for them? Please point me in the direction of the monarch that created that order. Maybe then I will understand your point.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

They gave that right the moment they started demanding things in their language. Why should taxpayers be forced to pay for translators for non english speaks who cannot afford to do so on their own?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
[reply to post by LDragonFire

I disagree with your statement The USA was founded by Secret Societies and Not Christianity.

Same analogy applies.

Please give some examples of one group of people moving to another country and expecting the host country to conform to there language and customs.

If I'm not mistaken this Country was previously occupied prior to individuals that spoke English calling it their own.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I am not sure what you mean by demanding things in their language. Also if you were tried in a court that spoke another language would you voice the same complaints. How mighty we all are until we become the ones being persecuted.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I am not sure what you mean by demanding things in their language. Also if you were tried in a court that spoke another language would you voice the same complaints. How mighty we all are until we become the ones being persecuted.

the point is, if you were born in a country, you SHOULD LEARN ITS LANGUAGE
if i go on holiday to Spain or Franch, should i expect them all to speak english?
or should i take a guide book and attempt to use thier own language?
the point being made here, other then the sorry state of the courts system is, the courts run in the countries 'native' language
IE, the UK,US, Australia have courts in engl;ish, or variations thereof

If you move to another country, you should have to learn its language, or should every one have thier own personal interpreters?
or maybe set up all spanish zones in the US, UK etc???
you know, and English speaking country where English speakers cannot be understood, you think thats a good thing?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

a) I wouldn't go to another country and commit crimes

b) When I do vacation in other countries, I make it a point to begin learning enough of the language to get by

c) If they can come here and commit crimes, it is up to them to understand the proceedings against them.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
One aspect is that they could understand english before the translation. Several times the translator didn't know equivalent english word..So sometimes things are lost in translation...an example was "the back door is sealed". It was actually nailed shut.

SEveral times they reacted to the english question even started answering before the translator.

Finally it allows them to look at translater not at jury or any one so as making it easier to conceal untruthfullness.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by babylonstew

I see. But who made this an English speaking Country? Isn't American idealism based on one that states "to each his own". Isn't the idealism we are opposed to the one that requires indiviuals be forced into living life the way others demand?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

The people made it a de facto English speaking country since it was/has been/ and is the common language of the land.

No one is forcing anyone to learn english, but those that don't had better not hope to get a job, conduct business, deal with government agencies, drive, etc etc etc.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

reply to post by harvib

a) I wouldn't go to another country and commit crimes

c) If they can come here and commit crimes, it is up to them to understand the proceedings against them.

Let me make my position clear. I am not debating in regards to criminals. However we hold the idealism of innocent until proven guilty. The burden of proof to prove guilt is therfore on the judicial system the reverse i.e. requiring that someone pay for their own translator would be demanding the burden of proof be placed on the accused i.e. guilty until proven innocent.

Now in regards to this point:

b) When I do vacation in other countries, I make it a point to begin learning enough of the language to get by

This point is moot. We are a supposed to be a free country which means that what you would do holds no weight as to what others should do.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by harvib

Hiring a lawyer to prove your innocent also costs money. Should the government pay for each and every criminal defense attorney in the country? No.

As for the other point, it's called common sense.

I wouldn't go be a teacher at a deaf school unless I know ASL. Would you?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

reply to post by harvib

The people made it a de facto English speaking country since it was/has been/ and is the common language of the land.

When and where? And what people.

No one is forcing anyone to learn english, but those that don't had better not hope to get a job, conduct business, deal with government agencies, drive, etc etc etc.

I have no issues with the free market regulating what language business is done in. In a free country one must support a free market. It is however counterproductive to the maintenance of a free country when we demand others be forced to live a certain way. I believe it was you who mentioned earlier that your drive through orders are being messed up because they are hiring people that speak limited English. When you and others stop supporting that business they will be forced to change their hiring practices or be forced to accept diminished patronage.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by harvib]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

When and where? And what people.

The moment there were more English speakers here than there were speakers of other languages combined.

The American people.

I have no issues with the free market regulating what language business is done in. In a free country one must support a free market. It is however counterproductive to the maintenance of a free country when we demand others be forced to live a certain way. I believe it was you who mentioned earlier that your drive through orders are being messed up because they are hiring people that speak limited English. When you and others stop supporting that business they will be forced to change their hiring practices or be forced to accept diminished patronage.

Been there done that. Have to drive increasingly further and further to find a place nowadays.

There is no reason why businesses can't hang signs saying "English Only!".

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

reply to post by harvib

Hiring a lawyer to prove your innocent also costs money. Should the government pay for each and every criminal defense attorney in the country? No.

Please review your Miranda Rights:

You have the right to an attorney if you cannot afford one, one will be appointed free of charge...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The moment there were more English speakers here than there were speakers of other languages combined.

The American people.

I am beginning to see why you fill the need to persecute those different from you. Maybe I can help to alleviate your fears. If and when the majority of the Country does anything you do not have to partake. That is why we strive to call ourselves a free country.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join