It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

best survival locations?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heronumber0
I just have to add another point. I agree that the most important tool is a good hunting knife. However, to keep body heat warm we need fire. And fire is highly visible. Are there any ways to keep fire invisible and to cover up the smoke?

The only thing I can think of is tins or metal barrels. You make a fire, invert a barrel over it and then cut holes in the side to allow air to enter. The smoke can then be channelled to another inverted barrel for storage. You can then use the top of the hot barrel to cook on and get heat from.

[edit on 4/7/2008 by Heronumber0]

That would never work. If you didn't cut your holes big enough it would smother your fire and then it would smoke worse. If you cut your holes in the first drum big enough for that to work, your second drum would fill with smoke rapidly and then fill your first drum with smoke and suffocate your fire, hence making more smoke.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

You can't just say colorado is the best if your talking about being in the mountains. The rockies stretch a hell of a lot further than that. My mountains here in idaho are part of the rockies and not quite as tall so the winters are a little easier. But only a little!

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I been lookin into this too- its tough.

The city- Starving hoards and gangs.
Outskirts- Camps and government activity to take care of the city.

Somewhere in the mountains?

Just like the taliban.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'eed

Anywhere well away from cities will be good. Just know your terrain and use it to your advantage. The mountains are just easier to hide in.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It depends what situation x is. Remote areas and the country work best for nuclear or biological weapons. I don't believe in planet x, however, Tesla warned that use of his technology with huge power (ie. HAARP's second patent) could cause the earth to tip. Also, pretty major things could occur if that huge volcano near Hawaii, where theres a huge increase in molten lava beneath the surface were to go off. The wave could be enormous, nearly a mile high. In addition, if there is mountain building, perhaps we still could tip. I live on the west coast and think that the Rocky mountains, ie. Colorado or Lake Louise in Canada, is the continental divide. If situation x is the lucifer project, you need something underground to survive, similarly huge cme from the sun. Personally, I feel the biggest worry now is war.

posted on Feb, 7 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
As a Vietnam Combat veteran, I must add a comment appropriate to my experience as a combat soldier in Vietnam.
Your survival will ultimately depend upon your ability and willingness to defend yourself and your means of survival.
If you have food, what good is the same if someone else has a weapon and will take that food away from you?
If you have the ability and and means to use weapons, you will be highly esteemed in a survival situation as being able to bring security to an highly insecure environement. You may be rewarded for the same with adequate means of survival, food.
This post appears to be somewhat dramatic and hyperbole but it is realistic.
Therefore, having a weapon, a rifle, and having the courage and skill to use and defend yourself and others with the same is a definite basic requirement in a survival situation.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join