It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there a worst way to die?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I was reading through the following site(juvenilegems.wordpress.com...) and it sparked a bit of interest.

I am curious as to whether or not there is an absolute proven and verify-able worst way to die.

Granted, the worst way might have several underlying factors involved. For instance, being in an airplane and being consciously aware that you are being tumultuosly hurled in a downward spiral towards your moment of impact with the ground with deadly force, would be a bit harsh. I would assume because you are consciously aware of what is occuring.

Another factor would be underlying fears. For instance, you are thrown off of a skyscraper alive. If you are afraid of heights, this may be the worst way to go for you. Especially since your aware of what is occuring.

An idea mentioned in the above linked article, prescribes death by sulfuric acid as possibly the worst. Being a caustic acid, this substance would practically dissolve you alive. The ferocious burning may be too much to bear, and may cause death. But if not, you will surely end up being dead, as the acid makes its way to dissolving your organs, flesh and everything else that you as a person consist of.

So, what would be the worst way to die in your opinion?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
i would say the worst way to go is to be buried alive. Based on, length of suffering & mental awareness. I can't think of a worse way to go than that?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Being in a car crash with the wife would be the worst way for me to die.
I'd never hear the end of her nagging about "how it was all my fault" especially if we're both in eternity together.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
i dont know that sounds pretty bad

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I always thought being drawn and quartered was pretty nasty.

Or probably the worst was the guy who was pressed to death in Salem, took three days.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
how about being stranded in space, once the oxygen runs out in the capsule, your pretty much going to suffocate, that would suck.

how about burning up on re-entry that too would be pretty fierce.

My question though, was is it possible to or has there been any experiment conclusively proving that one way invokes more detriment than another?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   
drawn and quartered seems unfathomably(word?) painful.

getting skinned alive, or tarred and feathered are some more historical worst ways to die. It seems that throughout history people have not been shy, to come up with ideas to put into use.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by agent violet

Fire. Quite possibly the most painful.

Drawn and quartered? Well, blood drains out of the brain, and loss of consciensnous follows. Dying from lack of oxygen, in space? Quick. So is drowning. Terrible, but quick. Fire. Worst ever. I'd rather freeze to death.

[edit on 6/27/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I can't imagine anything more terrifying than being eaten by a shark. It sends shivers down my spine. Bring on the sulfuric acid and fire- just keep the sharks away from me. But like the original post mentioned, people dying in a way that matches their phobia is the most horrifying. Since I have a phobia about sharks, that would be the worst for me even if others wouldn't think it would be that bad. I would rather suffer slowly by being buried alive or tortured before I was would want to suffer a three minute shark attack.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Not sure about the worst way, but the worst for me would be buried alive. I am claustrophobic, but only in very confined spaces and I would consider a coffin very confined. I could not imagine laying in a dark confined space until I could no longer breathe. Not being able to lift my arms or legs......just a horrible feeling.....I am jittery right now thinking about it.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I would think that the brazen bull would be a pretty horrific way to die. People sure were inventive back then.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
suffocation by plastic bag is the worst way that I can think of

I can't imagine anything worse.

Tela

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

'tis true, 'tis true.....the phobia is a personal terror, for the individual involved.

I don't like spiders, my Mom hates snakes. Sharks? Well, you can fight back against them, unless you're outnumbered.

When I went to Hawai'i to finish my Scuba Certification dives, I had a bandage on my hand. I asked the DiveMaster if any blood in the water would attract sharks....he just laughed at me!!! I felt pretty foolish, but got over it.

But, phobias can be very, very powerful, no argument here!

edit, of course for the bloody old keyboard!!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
If you're talking acids, the worst one is Fluoric Acid. This one is absorbed by the skin quicker than any other acid and you only have 2% of the body burnt by it to be fatal. And its agonizing apparently.

The worst way to go for me for sure

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I have to agree with what the linked story (and others here have) said about the worst ways to die being linked to the person and their own fears. Dont forget also that varying levels of pain thresholds and mental states play a big part in this.
People who burn themselves to death for a cause are already somewhat unstable in my opinion.
I think that if it came to a mortality event like some described, I would prefer death versus living beyond the event. I think the worst pain would come with trying to survive with some sort of deformaty after the fact.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Being married, #1 worst way to die

Other than that I would have to say crucifixion is a horrible death, or being stoned to death would suck. Just the length of time for the death to occur in such agonising pain would be horrid.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

what....yeah, I forgot about crucifiction....maybe worse than fire? Seems agonizingly long, and painful. No great blood loss, to allow the brain to die first.....but then I think, the human body has a 'shock' reaction to trauma. Perhaps blood flow to the brain would be restricted, thus alleviating the victim form most of the pain sensations??

Is there a Doctor in the House??????

EDIT....oh dear! The way I spelled 'crucifiction' is in no way a commentary on....well, you can catch my drift. I did not correct the spelling, because I thought to invite .... commentary.

Actually, I do not know the corect way to spell it. "Crucifix", I've seen. My partner is Catholic (don't get me started, we don't discuss religion).

I try to be tolerant of all views.....excxept Scientologists!! They just Grind My Gears!!!

I also should have corrected 'corect'....ah, too lazy!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Getting stuck inside an oven would be one of the worst!

Slowly cook to death.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Well, Phoenix. Have you heard the fable about the frog and the water?

Put a pan of water on the heat, and the frog in the water. Turn up the heat. The frog will boil to death.

Take another frog, and throw it into boiling water...it will hop right out!

(For PETA....please know, this is an ANALOGY!! We, none of us, condone torturing animals!!!!)

And, please....do nat actually use real frogs....just use your imagination!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Anything to do with rats having me 4' dinner. I hate rats.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join