It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a musician OR musically talented?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by fred3110

Hi Fred3110!

I have 2 technics turntables and a numark mixer. sl1200 mk2 and sl1210 mk2

[edit on 10/8/2008 by Storm_Indigochild]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Storm_Indigochild

Good choice my mate has a pair of the Technics SL-1210 Mk5's, there by far the most reliable ones on the market!

The only hang up I have with them is the +/- 8% pitch control it would stop me from mixing certain beats. Other than that I love using them when I have the chance!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   

LoL!

Yes, I completely understand what you mean with the 'limit'for the pitch control. A friend of mine has made it so that it now has a range up to +/- 16% pitch on one of his decks.

If the u2u is working again, I will send you my myspace adress so you can hear some of my mixing. Want to remain more or less anonimous on this site..

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
+/- 16% is pretty good you can mix almost anything in that range, my last viynl deck was a Numark TTX1, it had 10,20 and 50% pitch ranges...perfect for me I dont know why I got rid of it now!

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

I swear with the technics decks, for me no other. As the sl 1200 mk2 was bought 2nd hand and is over 15 years old, it still keeps on running without any faillure

Next step would be a turntable with usb connector and the Hercules DJ Console RMX, that would be just perfect!!

Grins, is this Off Topic?? Maybe a DJ Gear threat would suit

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Yeah a Dj's thread would be a good idea I dont think I've come across one yet.

I get what you mean about Technics they've got to be the most rugged and reliable turtables ever built, I've seen them work after being dropped down flights of stairs

The Hercules setup is a serious piece of hardware, you've gotta have some skill if your at that level of Dj'ing

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I know my skills
I've been professional dj'ing for over 15 years
However, at the moment I am kinda chilling at that and take things less serious, been around for a while now

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Storm_Indigochild

I put a reply in the comments section on your profile

Our posts are a bit off topic, aplogies to the OP + mods

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
No problems to chat about DJ'ing!!

I believe SOME DJs have talent too lol...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This is my first post at ATS and being that it is asking about music I thought I would jump in

I am a member of Cost to Cost Streamlink and love listening to Linda Moulton Howe, Hoagland,Loyd Pye, so many others. Mars info etc. Can't get over those tubes and how real they look! Flabbergasted!

I've been here at this site for about a couple of years lurking . . .
But this leads me to a piece of music I composed that constantly reminds me of a flying saucer at the end of this instrumental. But it would be important to have earphones, or a speaker on each side of your ear to get the feeling of being in a saucer.

Really enjoy this site and I go often to learn and grow!

Old and New Vr.2
www.macjams.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I am a musician, and I believe I am talented.
I post here a video from my latest CD album of my solo project called KOSMOKRATER. The song is called Vrilya, and the album is Wunderwaffen.

I write all the songs, and play all the instruments, and do the vocals.

I also have a full band called ASTRUM

And a duo project called INFERNITI.

I have many CDs released from all this.

myspace.com/themightyastrum

myspace.com/komoskratermusic

But, as a musician, I am always writing and recording new stuff, and I like to share, so see Youtube ASTRUM502 for more.

I am mostly inspired by punk and 1st wave black metal.
I also like new wave, and electronica, and am trying to do more of that.

I play guitar, bass, drums, and keyboard, I can probably figure out how to play anything if I want.
I have a new ASTRUM CD coming out called Tales of Witchlore.
And am working on a new Kosmokrater CD to be called Annunaki.

posted on Apr, 8 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
1. Do you sing? No, but am willing to try/learn.
2. Do you write music? sometimes
3. Do you write songs?sometimes.
4. Do you play an instrument?Mostly I play my Thunderbird bass guitar, but also others; guitar, synths
5. Combination? (State which combination) digital editing, digi synths, orgnaic sounds, etc

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join