It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you a musician OR musically talented?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
1. Sing
3. Compose music
4. Guitar - lead, rhythm, acoustic

Maybe a little rusty now, but shouldn't take long to get back in gear.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Hey fellow musos - cool thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sing, play keys, write songs, record - just released a CD - that and 50cents might get me a phone call

play and sing jazz, some techno - the new recording has elments of jazz, techno and electronica - a mash up but was fun to do - can hear it at the following sites:

www.myspace.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.myspace.com...

and here is some earlier stuff - more on the jazz side -

www.mp3unsigned.com...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by shearder

I've played guitar for about 25 years and then through the years have learned to play various others instruments.

I also write songs and have been in a number of bands. From Metal, Funk, and acoustic.

I have some of my songs up at my space.
Cool post thanks.My Space

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
1. Sing
3. Compose music

Oh i know the rusty feeling bud!!
Have you composed anything that you have iin MP3 and you can post as a podcast?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by realshanti
Hey fellow musos - cool thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sing, play keys, write songs, record - just released a CD - that and 50cents might get me a phone call

play and sing jazz, some techno - the new recording has elments of jazz, techno and electronica - a mash up but was fun to do - can hear it at the following sites:

www.myspace.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow"> www.myspace.com...

and here is some earlier stuff - more on the jazz side -

www.mp3unsigned.com...

I will make a plan and get time to have a listen. Impressive!

I can write songs but MAN it sounds so amateurish! So i gave it up - perhaps i need to hone the skill but i just don't have the time at all. Now hitting the keys was always something i wanted to do. My mom had/has a piano but i never tried really to learn to play!

All i did really was mess the ivorys with black marker when i was young so i knew which key was which and that's where it ended. Sadly!!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand

I've played guitar for about 25 years and then through the years have learned to play various others instruments.

I also write songs and have been in a number of bands. From Metal, Funk, and acoustic.

I have some of my songs up at my space.
Cool post thanks.My Space

Very cool! Yeah i play a lot of blues, classic rock but i think my main interest is in the acoustic side and ballads. If you look for my podcasts you fill find a few songs that i did - VERY rusty you may hear!!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Me, bass, backing up a C&W/folk artist at a small festival.
I would like to see pictures of others at their gigs.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder

All i want to know is:
1. Do you sing?
2. Do you write music?
3. Do you write songs?
4. Do you play an instrument?
5. Combination? (State which combination)

Well I do feel like I've been whoring my band on this site a bit much, but here goes..

The Groundbreaking Ceremony [GBC] - My band!

1. I am the vocalist, yessir.. I also scream.
2. I am an ok writer musically, but mostly electronic
3. I think I am a pretty good lyricist (a thread with one of my songs) You can also hear the actual song on the myspace.
4. I play guitar and synths, but not with the band. I am mostly a studio guitarist on that end.
5. I just like to be a frontman. I am a pretty shy dude until I hit the stage.

I LOVE Pro Logic. That's what I record with. I went to college at Temple to be an engineer, so I'd love to help with an ATS mixdown. I am also really good with Pro Tools. Reason is my favorite electronic DAW.

That's at a recent show at a highschool for a benefit. We just finished our summer tour, so its good to see ATS and BTS again after so long. I missed this place.

Ok, all done whoring. But if you find the music pleasureable, please feel free to help our gas situation by buying an album!!! haha. Ok now I'm done.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   

ahh thanks for the compliment - and as to being an amateur - that matters nowt to the muse - if you enjoy playing, no matter what your skill level, then play on and play proud brother - cause music IS the food of love and life....it is the most direct from of communication on Planet Crazed....

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I've been a on and off DJ for about 10 years. I play around in production,but I've never cpmpleted anything,as I'm a scatter brained freak.

I can play the piano,and other instruments but I've never been able to read music. i just play by eaer. Give me an hour,and I'll get a tune out of anything.

I can't even hold a guitar,unless it's a left handed one (I'm right handed) because my left arm is twisted at a 90 degree angle. (due to a break when I was younger) But I know if i could hold it properly,I could play it,given time.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Acid, I'd dig listening to some of your stuff. Do you have a site?

I'm a tad disappointed in how this thread is moving down the ladder. I want to do this mix!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Great thread, I just started playing the drums 3 months ago and for some one with no lessons I can hold up ok.

I wish I could play like a pro lol.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
1. Do you sing? - ... it sounds more like a duck dying.

2. Do you write music? - Yes. Piano pieces.

3. Do you write songs? - Yes. To go with the piano pieces... but the dead duck thing...

4. Do you play an instrument? - Tuba... lol, no of course it's the Piano. Imagine a tuba trying to play a piano duet... no, don't, I just tried, I have a headache now.

5. Combination? (State which combination) - Well, I've never been one for holding a pen while playing the piano, but I try to mix it all together.
I sing while playing, and I write down whatever I come up with.
... but most of it I discard, my own worst critic and all that.

On a positive note... I CAN RECORD AGAIN! I'm pretty psyched about that. It's been, what, 8 years now since I've recorded anything? My head is kinda crammed with memorized songs. What a relief. Thought I was going to pop.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Music is my life, I love it. I play guitar, drums, bass and sometimes I can sing.
My band's the biggest thing in my life at the moment, we're currently about half way through a 5 month tour and we've finally got the attention of a few record labels!

On saturday, we played our first outdoor festival, I bought a wireless system for my guitar a few weeks ago and I thought it would be the perfect time to use it. Anyway, I'm not sure what the hell I was thinking, but I just jumped off stage, ran to the barrier between the crowd and stage, jumped onto the ledge part on the back of it and just went mental. It really got the crowd going and I loved the experience. Being on stage is the best thing ever.

I have a studio at home too and record bands, aswell as my own.

Please have a listen to Divine Sinn's music, click here!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
If you stretch a layer of plastic from a bag and put it between you lips and suck it will make a squeaky chirping sound.

When I was eight years old me and my friends would do this to a tune on the radio. The adults thought it was annoying as hell, but we thought we were the bomb with our new found music instruments.

Other than that can't say I've played anything, probably would be terrible at it!

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SantaClaus

realy like your voice on your tracks,good luck with your band

posted on Jul, 30 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Noangels

Thanks a lot. You make me blush. We're workin hard, so hopefully it pays off soon. Come to a show sometime!

T-shirts are $10, hugs are free.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder

Originally posted by Alxandro
1. Sing
3. Compose music

Oh i know the rusty feeling bud!!
Have you composed anything that you have iin MP3 and you can post as a podcast?

Oh man, sorry for the long delay in responding to your request.
It took my sometime to locate these two tunes.
Don't laugh, I still have my old Windows 98 box.
This is stuff I created many moons ago and some of the instruments from the sound card banks sound kinda cheesy but fair enough.

Mediterranean Chase

Flippy

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
1. Do you sing?

Yes, in the bathroom and actually sometimes it sounds really good, as I was told.

2. Do you write music?

Yes, on my computer, using various programs to do that.

3. Do you write songs?

Ehm, well, I write poems that could convert to songs.

I can 'pingel' on a piano, mainly use a midi keyboard in a small midi studio setup.

See my awnser as above

I love to DJ, have a turntable setup and recently got Virtual DJ for my laptop. Have a vinyl record collection that is over 5000, my house is packed, LoL..

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Great thread Shearder! I'm an on/off DJ depending on how much spare time I have.

1. Do you sing?
Nahh I'm terrible!
2. Do you write music?
I dont really write music I just take songs and chop out the bits I like
3. Do you write songs?
Nahh
Vinyl + CD turntables, used a drum machine a few times
1 viynl + 2 CD...add the drum machine to that and its like juggling 10 balls lol I dont know how the pro's do it!

Yo indigo what turntables do you use????

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join