It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Planned Kickbacks to Perseus and Goldman Sachs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
This is from Obama's speech yesterday in Pittsburgh:

He discussed what he called an ambitious agenda, which includes investing $150 billion in a green energy sector to create five million jobs.

Source

We already know Obama picked James Johnson, Vice Chairman of Perseus LLC to vet his VP candidate. Perseus is a private equity fund heavily investing venture capital into the green energy sector. Johnson is also on the board of Goldman Sachs. Goldman Sachs also is heavily invested into the green energy sector.

Obama also picked Lee Hamilton to be on his foreign policy advisory panel. Hamilton is a high level executive who works for Sandy Berger's lobbying company, Stonebridge International. Stonebridge also represents clients with interests in "green energy" policies. Berger is guilty of destroying documents relating the 9/11 investigation that Hamilton was supposed to be conducting.

And let's not forget that George Soros is partnered with Perseus, and that it was Soros' funding and calling the shots for groups like MoveOn.org that propelled Obama to a narrow lead over Clinton.

Therefore, the only conclusion I can reach is that while Obama talks out of one side of his mouth about how he's not taking money from corporate interests, especially the oil sector, he's planning on funneling $150 billion into his cronies' investments into green energy companies.

Perseus is Obama's Carlyle Group. Soros and Johnson have pulled the strings to get Obama where he's at because he's going to kick back BILLIONS with "B" into companies their invested in.

I just wanted to memorialize this information here so that it's available to refer to as this story unfolds. If these guys like Soros and Johnson somehow manage to continue pulling the strings for Obama through November, I will guess that Johnson and Soros will make hundreds of millions from the government's redistribution of capital into companies they're invested in.

Yes, this is a different kind of politics. This is change. Rather than funnel money to cronies who are CEO's of oil companies, Obama will funnel money into ANY companies owned by his backers' investment funds. They can switch from green energy to oil to biotech to construction to anything they want in a matter of days.

Is this really change you can believe in?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
From his own website

Clean Technologies Deployment Venture Capital Fund: Obama will create a Clean Technologies Venture Capital Fund to fill a critical gap in U.S. technology development. Obama will invest $10 billion per year into this fund for five years. The fund will partner with existing investment funds and our National Laboratories to ensure that promising technologies move beyond the lab and are commercialized in the U.S

Can you imagine the outcry on the left if John McCain or George W. Bush proposed dumping $10 billion per year into the oil companies or in 'existing investment funds' in order to develop oil fields and oil-related technology? But since its green energy, not a peep from the left.

Yes, it looks highly suspicious, at least to me. But, as always, your mileage may vary.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Ah, so it is about color.
Not only will Obama be the first Black Prez but he'll also be the first Green Prez as well

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
So if you are just making assumptions and your thread title has a big fat question mark in it...maybe it should be in skunk works.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
agreed

skunkworks material

your opinion is just as valuable as everyone elses, but you should have to follow the same rules as the rest of us and put this in skunkworks (where no evidence is required to back unverifiable claims)

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hate Obama or not - the fact is; we're going to have these problems no matter who we elect president. It's how this country and hell, the world's society works.

So where would you rather have your money being spent irresponsibly? Playing with our toys in the middle east or green energy?

Hmmm....

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by memoir

i would rather see the money go into fixing some more immediate problems that we are facing. let's get out of the recession, and back on our feet. then i say we can spend the moneyon R&D for green energy etc...

i don't see the alarm here though. i mean, like you said. this is something, that no matter who is in office, that is going to happen.

you have remember that these people are humans, and greed is at the very core of human nature. so i don't really blame the man for making deals that could end up being very profitable for him and his camp. as long as he isn't making that money at the expense of his constituents, then more power to him.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I find it interesting that whenever Obamatrons are presented with evidence that Obamessiah may be less than holy, instead of addressing the topic, they cry, "Ooh.... no fair... no fair! Hide this from my eyes! I can't take seeing it! It's against the rules! Put it in skunkworks! Put it in skunkworks!"

Pathetic. Incredibly pathetic.

This is the Decision 2008 forum. It's to discuss the upcoming elections. It's not a news thread. Every thread here is based on presented facts that lead to conclusions and opinions made by the poster.

My facts are not in question. Obama has chosen people like Hamilton and Johnson to advise him. These men are heavily involved in alternative energy companies, hedge funds, and/or lobbying for policies beneficial to their own interests.

Another fact is Obama is proposing $150 billion to be put into companies that will directly benefit his advisors. Hence, the question, "Obama planned kickbacks to Perseus and Goldman Sachs?"

Maybe people should discuss this question in light of the evidence presented rather than whine about WHERE this topic should be discussed.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
the only thing 'factual' about yoru post is that part where you tell us who obama chose (but we already knew this)

everything else is speculation and carries no proof

that is the premise for skunkworks

you seem to have a bleak understanding of the T&C of ATS?

All you have to do is give proof to bck your claims, and then its legit to be here, atleast by our standards, unfortuantely the mods disagree

but i respect the mods decisions....still doesnt change my mind that this is skunkworks material

*shrug*

Im just looking for you to give me some PROOF that, in some way, backs the speculation of your thread title.

Are you able to do this?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
This post sure carries alot more proof than any of you Obama supporters' ever have.

You always cry foul, because that's all you can do. Obama has been linked without a doubt to corrupt NWO council and affiliate Corporations.

A thread posted by Jamie earlier details this.

When presented with good information like this about Obama's shady character, inexperience etc., try proving that these things are not true instead of crying foul.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
This post sure carries alot more proof than any of you Obama supporters' ever have.

You always cry foul, because that's all you can do. Obama has been linked without a doubt to corrupt NWO council and affiliate Corporations.
in order for your first statement to be true, you have to prove teh existance of the nwo. Since you can't, you can only give an opinion and refer to factual occurances that slightly reference your point. Thats not called proof, thats called speculation. Furthermore, speculating without any proof doesnt belong here. It belongs in skunkworks. But obviously the mods disagree, so ill drop it

A thread posted by Jamie earlier details this.

When presented with good information like this about Obama's shady character, inexperience etc., try proving that these things are not true instead of crying foul.

Actually - good information is information that can be verified and backed up. Try proving they're not true? why?

There's been zero 'good argument' to prove that it is true.
If someone comes to you and says 'the earth is flat, and if you can't prove me wrong, then im right' i think most will see the point there

there's no difference there. Other than that type of argument is being allowed in the decision 2008 forum.

you say "obama is NWO, because he hangs out with corrupt business men" oh - i see - and so does McCain, Bush, Clinton, and almost every other politician in Washington.
So i guess they're all NWO?

Make any argument you want. Its a pretty solid fact that McCain won't win this election. Especially if Obama is "NWO" i mean - NWO would have to choose between McCain and Obama, so why not go with the guy who doesnt have a notorious temper who allegedly assaulted a woman who is a relative of a vietnam veteran.

Going with the easier choice would be in their best interests.
Since i don't believe the NWO exists (though i dont deny the possibility, it just hasnt been presented to me in a manner i find plausible) i'll say that i dont care what it takes to get Obama in the white house, as long as he gets there, and is able to fix the problems left by the current administration.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Andrew E. Wiggin]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
What's the big deal? I support the creation of a politically powerful green energy sector. I'd rather we created energy in this country, rather than sending billions to the middle east. If Perseus group benefits from this good for them. Unless we have government owned businesses, some sort of business group is going to benefit. The Republican party is owned by the oil interests. It is good that Obama is controlled by someone else.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
From his own website

Clean Technologies Deployment Venture Capital Fund: Obama will create a Clean Technologies Venture Capital Fund to fill a critical gap in U.S. technology development. Obama will invest $10 billion per year into this fund for five years. The fund will partner with existing investment funds and our National Laboratories to ensure that promising technologies move beyond the lab and are commercialized in the U.S

Can you imagine the outcry on the left if John McCain or George W. Bush proposed dumping $10 billion per year into the oil companies or in 'existing investment funds' in order to develop oil fields and oil-related technology? But since its green energy, not a peep from the left.

Yes, it looks highly suspicious, at least to me. But, as always, your mileage may vary.

ExxonMobil smashed the record for highest profits ever made by a public U.S. company—previously held by Exxon—by posting a net profit of $40.6 billion in 2007. While at the same time we are paying over 4 dollars per gallon.

The Bush led GOP gave $7.6 billion worth of tax breaks for oil drillers in 2004 and 2005 and has them slated for over 17 BILLION in tax breaks over the next 10 years and have repeatedly blocked Democratic measures to recind the tax breaks.

"Can you imagine the outcry on the left if John McCain or George W. Bush proposed dumping $10 billion per year into the oil companies"

What do you think has been happening? At least with renewable energies we have a chance of breaking our addition to oil and creating DOMESTIC jobs and technology. China is already very hard at work on renewable technologies. God help us if we continue with the GOP plan to be addicted to oil until it runs out and then be dependant on China instaed of the Middle East! We are the United States of America! We are supposed to be the worlds' innovators.

We shouldn't be the worlds oil junkies and our politicians shouldn't be middle men lining their pockets as the general public suffers. Man this kind of idiotic, greedy, self serving politics irks me.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Andrew E. Wiggin

The proof is there,you can't make it go away by closeing your eyes,thats why obama sheep attack the poster...they can't defend obama.

new topics

top topics

join