It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saturnian Cosmology Theory *way out there*

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PPLwakeUP
reply to post by Badge01

Simply imposible but dont bet me wrong earth experienced many many many catastrophic events. Like a few almost full earth floods.
Remember due to gravity from saturn all water on Earth before Venus , was being held in the northern hemispheres after saturn slipping away from us....there was a big flood.

Yes, Earth did experience many catastrophic events, but I doubt that anything severe like an orbital shift could occur after the emergence of homo sapiens. These near-catastrophic events, or extinction events occurred most recently in the Holocene era about 10,000 years ago (9000B.C.), which resulted in the extinction of the Megafauna:

Wiki Holocene Extinction event

In broad usage, the Holocene extinction event includes the notable disappearance of large mammals, known as megafauna, by the end of the last glacial period 9,000 to 13,000 years ago. Such disappearances have been considered as either a response to climate change, a result of the proliferation of modern humans, or both. These extinctions, occurring near the Pleistocene–Holocene boundary, are sometimes referred to as the Pleistocene extinction event or Ice Age extinction event. However the Holocene extinction event continues through the events of the past several millennia and includes the present time.

The event was not geologically catastrophic.

Earlier events were:

Wiki Earth Extinction Events

#Present day — the Holocene extinction event. 70% of biologists view the present era as part of a mass extinction event, possibly one of the fastest ever, according to a 1998 survey by the American Museum of Natural History. Some, such as E. O. Wilson of Harvard University, predict that humanity's destruction of the biosphere could cause the extinction of one-half of all species in the next 100 years. Research and conservation efforts, such as the IUCN's annual "Red List" of threatened species, all point to an ongoing period of enhanced extinction, though some offer much lower rates and hence longer time scales before the onset of catastrophic damage. The extinction of many megafauna near the end of the most recent ice age is also sometimes considered part of the Holocene extinction event.[3] Some paleontologists, however, question whether the available data support a comparison with mass extinctions in the past.[4]
# 65 MY ago — at the Cretaceous-Paleogene transition (the K/T or Cretaceous–Tertiary extinction event) about 50% of all species became extinct.
# 200 MY ago — at the Triassic-Jurassic transition (the Triassic-Jurassic extinction event) about 20% of all marine families as well as most non-dinosaurian archosaurs, most therapsids, and the last of the large amphibians were eliminated.
# 251 MY ago — at the Permian-Triassic transition, Earth's largest extinction (the P/Tr or Permian-Triassic extinction event) killed 53% of marine families, 84% of marine genera, about 96% of all marine species and an estimated 70% of land species (including plants, insects, and vertebrate animals).
# 360 MY ago — near the Devonian-Carboniferous transition (the Late Devonian extinction) a prolonged series of extinctions eliminated about 70% of all species. This was not a sudden event — it lasted perhaps as long as 20 MY, and there is evidence for a series of extinction pulses within this period.
# 444 MY ago — at the Ordovician-Silurian transition two Ordovician-Silurian extinction events occurred, and together are ranked by many scientists as the second largest of the five major extinctions in Earth's history in terms of percentage of genera that went extinct.
# 488 million years (MY) ago — a series of mass extinctions at the Cambrian-Ordovician transition (the Cambrian-Ordovician extinction eve

Again, these are just theories and only include near-catastrophic events and are not ranked with things like a dramatic pole shift or changes in orbit, or impact by a planetary body such as the type theorized to have created the Moon.

Though Velikovski's theories are interesting and intriguing and may have some things worth further investigation, it is unlikely to be true in the larger extent.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

Great topic!
I have always thought about this.
For the obvious reason that I always wondered why all the ancient gods of the greeks, romans and egypt had names of planets.
Like Mars,Venus,Jupiter,Horus,Ra,Isis,Seth etc.
How can you name an object that you can't see.

You can name it if you can see it clearly with the naked eye, and that would be possible under this theory.
And like the OP mentioned it explains religious myth like.
Great photos too!

Please continue

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Hey!
Wow - nice comparison with the symbols..
This theory would definitely be interesting to look into further..

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The idea is cool, is there any math to back this up? If I missed that I am sorry. The idea is pretty out there, but any new or newish idea is cool. I get sick of the old guard with closed minds telling us what to believe.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by PPLwakeUP
reply to post by jkrog08

Hello jkrog08,

I posted in skunkworks for a reason.
But please read the sources I provide it and it will make sense. So much will make sense from religion, ancient art, statues, texts up to the biggest monuments and shapes they have, until now scientist dont know what they mean and just INVENT

You correctly state that we would have infrared light on a earth that orbits saturn.
I knew that and so did the egyptians.
What color does the sun between the horns from Horus or Ra always have?
Right dark orange/red ! Our sun is yellow!

[edit on 6/27/2008 by PPLwakeUP]

What jkrog was referring to was the electromagnetic spectrum. Radiation in the infrared portion of the electromagnetic spectrum would not be visible to humans. If you google the electromagnetic spectrum, then you will see that there is a range of wavelengths that our eyes are capable of seeing and infrared lies just outside of this range. Also, I think it's safe to say that a minimal amount of research into astronomy and star formation will probably suffice in deflating this Saturnian theory.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I've just recently found out about the Saturnian Cosmology theory, and it is very interesting. In general, I love conspiracy theory and alternate takes on mainstream topics, if for nothing other than entertainment. I love thinking about the possibilities and unknowns of our past and the majestic things mankind has been capable of. I am a skeptic by nature, and do not believe in aliens, but the electrical universe ideas in general sound very possible. I made it about half way through Cooks thesis.

Anyways, I know not all internet news sites are credible at all, but this random link I stumbled into really made me think.

Thoughts?

"How the Earth got its water"

www.libertariannews.org...
edit on 20-2-2013 by phoenix219 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join