It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your thoughts please...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Hi Everyone,

Firstly before I describe what I saw I'd like to say something about my stance on UFO's in general.

Now, personally I'm not too sure I believe in alien abductions, cattle mutilations etc but I do believe that there is definately something "out there" other than humans.

I believe this for the sheer statistical probability that this is the case, scientists have likened the amount of stars in the universe to every single grain of sand on every single beach in the world. That is an absolutely staggering amount and thus it makes sense to believe that somewhere in some part of the galaxy another form of life does exist.

I cannot imagine, however, why these alien visitors would want to visit our planet in UFO's - surely if they had the technology & knowledge to manufacture a UFO they would have the ability to realise there is nothing of value to them on our planet and to be able to co-exist without any interaction.

Another one of my arguments is that if these "aliens" do in fact exist, then why just fly around our planet and skys with no form of contact between us. Wouldn't it be more sensible to imagine, that if in fact they did want to communicate with us then they would land their nice shiny craft somewhere and actually communicate???

Any ways, my personal beliefs aside, I saw something in the sky earlier this year that I cannot and probably will, never be able to explain.

The first occasion I was walking through the park at night when the whole sky literally lit up white, at first I thought someone had taken a photo with a camera as that it was it looked like. Likened to when someone takes a snap in a dark room and the whole room goes white for a second.

The second occasion, again I was walking through the fields where I live walking with my friend and his dog when the exact same thing happened however this time the light was bright blue. As me and my friend both looked up we saw what I can only describe as a large rain drop shaped ball of blue light fall into the ground in the opposite field - at this point both myself and my friend ran back the way we had came and out of the field.

The third occasion once again I was having a stroll at night around my estate and I saw what looked like a number of lights in the sky behaving very strangely. It sort of looked like the way a disco ball lights up a room, but in the sky.

I might add that these lights had also been witnessed by a number of my friends who live local to me and they too had also been quite disturbed as to what they were.

These sightings happened over a period of a couple of weeks early this january and as quickly as they started they stopped and as far as I know no else has seen anything similiar.

I have condensed all three sightings I witnessed to try and keep this post short but if you have any questions then feel free to ask.

I did find an article on the internet shortly after I saw these lights that described more or the less the exact same thing I witnessed, I'll find the link and post it.

My question is: Can anyone explain these sighting? As far as I know nothing can make the whole sky turn bright blue, and I mean BRIGHT.
It's not as if it was lightning (not in my oppinion anyways) the sky was clear without a cloud in it and as I said it wasnt localised to one particular area, it was the whole sky.

Your thoughts please ...

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Death_Kron]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Did it look anything like this, but with multiple effects?

external image

Without specifics it would be difficult to ascertain what you may have seen, short of someone who was actually there but on the flip side of what you were witnessing...

Can you provide to the best of your knowledge the dates, times and location. Also which part of the sky was your viewing most prominent?

Perhaps this link will give you some ideal on what you may or may not have seen....

Leonids 2001 Meteor Gallery

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Willbert]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Willbert

No my friend, I'm fairly certain that it wasn't a meteor or meteor shower.

As far as dates go, I couldnt tell you the exact date but it was definately in the month of January this year and I know the day was a friday, the time was approx 9:30PM at night.

To try and describe better what I saw, there was a number of lights in the sky, white in colour approx 10 of them maybe moving in a circular fashion, it looked like a giant disco ball was projecting the lights against the sky, thats the best the best way to describe it really.

The speed of the lights was quite fast and they appearead to be moving in some sort of co-ordinated fashion even though it was erratic.

I actually thought that at the time but quickly dismissed the idea as I'm not aware there is a disco ball that is powerful enough to illuminate the nights sky? and if thats what it was you'd be able to trace the light to the location of the disco ball on the ground??

This went on for around an hour and then the lights sort of faded out of the sky and disappeared. I didn't notice any shooting stars or anything else indictive of a meteor shower, comets etc

I must admit it was quite a scary thing to witness as I could not possibly work out what was causing it !

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Just realised I been using the term disco ball
Disco light is probably the better word, I'm talking about the disco lights that illuminate a room with the light moving in circular directions, sort of overlapping each other.

us.123rf.com... < That link describes perfect the lights I saw expect they were just white not coloured.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
I believe this for the sheer statistical probability that this is the case, scientists have likened the amount of stars in the universe to every single grain of sand on every single beach in the world. That is an absolutely staggering amount and thus it makes sense to believe that somewhere in some part of the galaxy another form of life does exist.

Sure-the question is, is it coming here. There's nothing to say concretely that UFOs are Extraterrestrial. There's a lot of other possibilities just as, if not more exotic, and far more complex (which the enigma has shown itself to be)

I cannot imagine, however, why these alien visitors would want to visit our planet in UFO's - surely if they had the technology & knowledge to manufacture a UFO they would have the ability to realise there is nothing of value to them on our planet and to be able to co-exist without any interaction.

Thats judging the "alien" mind, which we cannot do. No matter where they are from, if they have evolved completely independent of here, we wouldn't have any framework to base that supposition on. We have no idea what they actually would want.

Another one of my arguments is that if these "aliens" do in fact exist, then why just fly around our planet and skys with no form of contact between us. Wouldn't it be more sensible to imagine, that if in fact they did want to communicate with us then they would land their nice shiny craft somewhere and actually communicate???

Well I'd argue they have made some sort of communication or interaction, but they have ignored the channels we might use and have gone straight for the individual. But, going from your perspective, of a "why don't they land?" maybe thats telling too much. Maybe they want us to think more then that. Maybe they can't interact in that particular way. Maybe they just don't want to.

IMO it'd be better for you to look in different directions then the typical ETH, because after 60+ years, it's quite possible we've extinguished what we can know and learn about this, from that particular hypothesis and direction. You make many good points as far as "nuts and bolts" questions, but we have no nut, nor bolt....in all this time...nothing. So, looking in radically different directions (and maybe those outside UFOlogy) might yield more avenues to explore and possibly get better questions or, on the off chance a hint at a better hypothesis.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Well, without other evidence, unexplained lights in the sky will likely remain just that....

As for these:

I would thank that for any sentient creature, finding another sentient race on another planet would be somewhat worthy of some kind of attention.

My personal theory is that they are simply practicing containment and constant monitoring (with a directive of non-interference). Granted, they may not think like we do, but my own personal feeling is that they are just ensuring we don't venture out too far before we (or the rest of the neighbors perhaps) are ready for us to do so. This would seem to be in line with their increased activity during major advancement periods, and of course, the initial wakeup call announced when we detonated the first atomic bomb. Their motives don't seem to include helping us, or invasion, so I can only assume they're checking up on us for SOME reason.

top topics

join