It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Karma Propagation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this qualifies as a "post in me" thread after reading SkepticOverlord's newest post about such things but rather an attempt to "test the waters" and introduce a discussion that should make everyone feel good about themselves - so I will give it a shot.

I thought it would be nice to figure out a way to meet everyone in a more hands-on fashion rather than scan the boards and pitch in from time to time. I propose a thread dedicated to saying good things about your neighbor. The rules are pretty simple, just post something good about the person above you from what you know about them or their profile. A testiment to your appreciation for their contributions to the site. If you don't have anything nice to say, move right on through to another thread. There has to be something nice to say about the poster right?

I think this will create some very interesting introductions for people in a positive manner.

NOTE - If this thread isn't here tomorrow, I'll know it fits into the category that SO was talking about and refrain from overly enigmatic jestures of this sort in the future.

Since this is the first post, I would like to start by saying I am most impressed with the professional yet friendly attitude with which the moderators and administrators run this site. ATS has proven time and again that the Terms & Conditions are a guideline that can be respected without being overly policed. It's nice to see a little lattitude here and there. Everything isn't always black and white.

bb

[edit on 06/11/2008 by blackbox]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Did someone turn down the AC in here?

I haven't been rejected like this since middle school.

EDIT: the
symbol made me look like a... well, crybaby...

[edit on 7/3/2008 by blackbox]

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I'm sorry to say that since I don't very much about you. I'm kinda at a loss here. From what I can gather though from this thread of yours is that you have a interesting yet cheerful mindset. You also like to get to know people. These are good qualities. You're also not afraid to try new things. This is also good.

I hope that this is a decent enough reply.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
First I'd like to thank you for posting this. I invite the good vibes anywhere. I have starred and flagged this thread, and await to see what others have to say about their friends here.

reply to post by Deson

Deson rocks. He's always super friendly and has something good to say. He's fun too. A creative dude with wisdom to share.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by eye open doors
First I'd like to thank you for posting this. I invite the good vibes anywhere. I have starred and flagged this thread, and await to see what others have to say about their friends here.

See, I'm so new to posting on ATS I'm not even sure of signifigance of a "star and flag" but I must say, I love the enthusiasm!

Love the avatar btw. I got dizzy twice staring at it.

posted on Jul, 3 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by blackbox

I'll give it a shot I suppose!

Hmm.. Blackbox... After checking out your profile, I can say you seem like a pretty good person. And I agree with you on the stuff you say you dislike.

I've also noticed 2 of your threads, that were already being discussed. No worries, happens to everyone
. Also, nice avatar.

-Will

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Basilis
reply to post by blackbox

I'll give it a shot I suppose!

Hmm.. Blackbox... After checking out your profile, I can say you seem like a pretty good person. And I agree with you on the stuff you say you dislike.

I've also noticed 2 of your threads, that were already being discussed. No worries, happens to everyone
. Also, nice avatar.

-Will

I like your avatar as well! Also noticed a quote on your profile that struck me as very profound : "I hate.. Hate.. "

Simplicity of thought like that is something sorely needed in the world today. I am under the firm impression that alot is being said in today's society without really saying anything... In that spirit, this thread was created. The least we can do is dedicate some time towards saying positive things about each other if it is our intent to voice thoughts at all...

Hope you have a great weekend!

[edit on 7/3/2008 by blackbox]

top topics

join