It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniffer dogs offend Muslims

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Personally, I have no problem whatsoever with upsetting Muslims, who are, after all, overly sensitive to almost anything, thanks to their arcane dogmatic beliefs. What are they going to get upset about next? Handcuffs? Subpoenas? Its ridiculous how much we pandy to their nonsensical rantings.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
For the last time....NO-ONE demanded, NO-ONE gave in.
If you actually read the article, (which is a piss-poor piece of journalism anyway).....it says that the police will continue to use the dogs.

If you also take the time out of your muslim hating and read further, you will see that this is mainly based on a couple of people saying they didn't like dogs, or that they didn't like the way they were used at the train station for searching.

I don't see anywhere that Muslims en masse demanded anything. So stop with your bigotted comments. And Spiteful God.....i am surprised the Mods haven't warned you yet......you have called Muslims stinky and said that they all smell of B.O and curry.

Way to show how enlightened people from "up North" are..

If you are in any doubt as to the real intent of this story, read the first paragraph:

POLICE sniffer dogs trained to spot terrorists at railway stations may no longer come into contact with Muslim passengers – after complaints that it is against the suspects’ religion.

They are calling Muslims "suspects"....yeah, really unbiased news report there.
And although it says twice in the report that sniffer dogs could be banned, it also says:

British Transport Police last night insisted it would still use sniffer dogs

Pathetic.

I am sure hardly anyone reads the actual article before posting. Deny Ignorance indeed.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by geek101]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I just had the daunting task of having to clean up the thread. If I removed any more off-topic posts there wouldn't have been any more posts left...

So. PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC. And leave racism at the door please.

Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

1f.) Relevant Content: You will not post messages that are clearly outside of the stated topic of any forums nor disrupt a forum by deliberately posting repeated irrelevant messages or copies of identical messages (also known as "flooding").

Also Note:
New ATS Big Thread policy – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Gemwolf,

My apologies for adding to your workload. I'll try to keep my postings more on topic and less biting from now on. Thanks for all your efforts.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I've been watching a series of videos on YouTube by a guy called PatCondell

he covers topics like these and does it very well.

I think he's a legend, he has the balls to speak out about sensitive issues.

check this link out - youtube.com... he has over 40 vids, each one of thiem is worth a watch.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I believe that they have technology that can detect certain explosives in ? parts per million in the atmosphere . However, it is cost prohibitive to try to utilize in in a setting like a bus station or terminal.

For the time being, I think the use of dogs is the most cost effective way of deterring someone from boarding public transportion with explosives.

So for those of you who are offended, I would reccommend patience until the bomb sniffing devices are reduced in size & price.

I forsee a hand held wand like those used in the airports but one that can detect even minute traces of the chemicals used in explosives.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

Let them go back where they came from and "STAY THERE"

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sensenig1

Let them go back where they came from and "STAY THERE"

And what about the many Muslims who were born and raised in Britain or the US?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gandi

What i don't get is what would they do if they did sniff someone with a bomb?

Star for you! That really cuts to the heart of the matter doesn't it? Bomb sniffing dogs are pretty useless, which clearly shows that they are really about intimidation and psychological warfare against the very people who are being "protected."

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Well it would seem to me that they would be stopped from getting on a bus or train loaded with innocent people. I'm sure the officers have a protocol to follow in the event a bomb was detected. It;s probably not much different that if a gun were detected, Isolate the person as quickly as possible, take him down and incapacitate him. Pepper spray, of tazer if his hands move in any direction other than toward the ceiling.

If thats not possible and he has his hand on the trigger, call Jack Bauer.

Once again I ask, what alternative do you propose for thwarting a would be bomber from boarding a bus or train?

[edit on 1-7-2008 by Sparky63]

[edit on 1-7-2008 by Sparky63]

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Well it would seem to me that they would be stopped from getting on a bus or train loaded with innocent people.

What about all of the other innocent people still waiting to get on a bus or a train in a crowded terminal or station?

I'm sure the officers have a protocol to follow in the event a bomb was detected.

I'm sure they do too. Doesn't mean it's very effective though.

It;s probably not much different that it a gun was detected, Isolate the person as quickly as possible, take him down and incapacitate him.

Big difference between a gunman and someone who has strapped themselves up with C4.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Once again I ask, what alternative do you propose for thwarting a would be bomber from boarding a bus or train?

Remove the conditions that would motivate someone from doing such a thing in the first place. Stop the person long before they ever get to the bus or train.

Or, nothing at all. I'm not scared of terrorists anyway.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
yeah its realy nice to regards someone's religious aspects. if we regard someone else's religion then someone will regard ours in return.
thats what Prophet MUhammad (PBUH) said.

Muhammad Atif Altaf

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I am a regular public transport user and both black and a Muslim. Before 9/11 it was drug sniffing dogs that were brought over to my friends and me when we were in a public space. After 9/11 bomb sniffing dogs are brought over to my hijab wearing relatives and myself. Now I am waiting for a bigot sniffing dog to be invented to harass racist jerks.

I am sure some of the more compulsive deniers will say that these dogs are used everywhere, maybe; but I can assure you when they are used, all the people of colour are given a once over. It’s a shame these tactics where not used during height of the weekly IRA bombings in London. It is a missed opportunity for the majority population to sample a real atmosphere of fear and suspicion. As for the US, God help you lot, you are sleepwalking into a police state so it doesn’t matter what is your race or religion.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

As an animal lover I often have to keep myself in check when having sniffer dogs walk by checking bags as they pass, my natural reaction is to hunker down and give their head a scratch.

I got in trouble once for doing that to a sniffer dog at an airport
I got the "sir please don't touch my dog" When I used to work at a restaurant my pants all were often saturated with grease, the dog loved it and was smelling my pants. So I gave him a good ol pat on the head.

But as for the original post and topic.
that. I say don't coddle anyone because of religion. This ain't a mosque were talking about here its a transportation center. I grant that there should be no sniffer dogs or other detection devices at places of worship but at transportation centers this is where security has been forced to be increased.

now as for this

In another trial on the Heathrow Express platform at Paddington station in London, there were inst­ances when the body scan – which creates an image on a monitor – was considered unacceptable by female Muslims, the report said.

One Muslim woman complained: “Sometimes I wear clothing which is not so tight. It will be shown on (the monitor) and somebody is looking at it. It defeats the whole purpose of me covering up.”

Oh come on! What a crock of Bull
! I'm sorry, I don't have anything against people that want to believe their faith. But don't force society to bend around it. Most of the world is not a theocracy where the religion and religious leaders rule the land. Most of the world relies on law. So in this case majority rules and sorry if your offended but we all have had to make adjustments because of the idiocy of others.

[edit on 7/2/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   
You would think that Great Britain would have learned its lesson on appeasement. Wasn't Hitler and his merry band of thugs enough to teach them not to give in?

No, they have to "remember the sensitivities" of those that want to destroy them.

Screw the Muslims. If they won't police their own people, then they must suffer the consequences.

So long as the Muslim community tolerates religious leaders that advocate violence; so long as they refuse to turn in the fanatics that are planning violence; so long as they refuse to tuen in the ones that are killing (or trying to kill) non-believers, then they must suffer the consequences of their failure to act.

If they don't like being suspects, then they must police their own people. They must stop the fanatics. They must alert the authorities when Imans call for violence. They must call the police when they know that people in their communities are recruiting people to conduct violent actions against those that are not of their faith.

And above all, they must stop celebrating the murder and maiming of others.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox

Remove the conditions that would motivate someone from doing such a thing in the first place. Stop the person long before they ever get to the bus or train.

Or, nothing at all. I'm not scared of terrorists anyway.

I agree that removing the conditions to motivate one to engage in terrorist activities is the ultimate solution, however, in the meantime, we cannot just throw the doors wide open and not take practical precautions, even if some of those are offensive to some.

My cousin trains cadaver dogs for police departments, they can locate a dead body under 60 feet of water. Dogs are perfect for this task, it would be foolish not to utilize their amazing sense of smell for this purpose.

Imagine the public uproar if a terrorists detonates an explosive killing or injuring people and it is discovered that the Government failed to use reasonable precautons.

The very ones nitpicking and complaiing about the increased security now will no doubt be shouting the loudest.

[edit on 2-7-2008 by Sparky63]

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

In another trial on the Heathrow Express platform at Paddington station in London, there were inst­ances when the body scan – which creates an image on a monitor – was considered unacceptable by female Muslims, the report said.

I find this bit to be quite biased and am shocked that ATS members are falling for it. Would you really want security guards looking at naked images of your mother/wife/daughter or even yourself? There was a small outcry of concern, from NON-MUSLIMS, when this technology came on- line. This equipment does indeed render a nude picture of the person, in black and white.

So now we have gotten to the point that everyone is willing to let strangers look at them naked for some added security? Next stop, cavity searches. Bring your own KY to save on costs to the state.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The very ones nitpicking and complaiing about the increased security now will no doubt be shouting the loudest.

You can't include me there. After WTC '93 there were a lot of people calling for added security there, and around NY. I was not one of them. And in the end, all of the added security measures didn't do a damn thing anyway except run up the taxes a little more, and make life in NY a little more difficult.

You will never hear me screaming for added security. Having been on the "inside" I realize how pretty much useless it actually is, and what the real purposes actually are.

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Aw!Poor Muslims offended by puppies that might catch them in the act?Get a grip!You people dont like security measures?Tough!Deal with it as we have.Dont like our laws in the West?Tough!Deal with it we have.Enough with these cry baby Muslims who are offended by every single thing we have or do.Why dont they complain in the repressive countries where they come from?Because if they did they would be tossed into prison or worse.

Stop trying to undermine the security of our entry points into our countries.Because you Muslims cant condemn or get a hold of your extremists elements of your populations,we end up having to do it!You want America to stop being a world cop?Take responsibility for these elements within your culture and reform your religion or it will go the way of the Dodo also.Recently Hamas refused to reign in militants in Gaza.Not the sign of a responsible govt.

We have laws in our countries for a reason and you muslims are not exempt for them.You want Sharia law?GO LIVE IN A COUNTRY THAT HAS IT.Because you wont find it in the West.Funny thing the same folk who declare death to Israel and America also say in secret "after my kid gets an education first though".

As a previous poster said ,GOOD DOGGIE! /patonhead

Bomb sniffing dogs FTW!

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join