It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniffer dogs offend Muslims

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by shuck
Lloyd...bless.. a rare thing innocence in this world...and getting to your age sounds like a sheltered life...unless you want to prove otherwise!!
That's it! You figured me out.. I've lived a terribly sheltered life here in Suburbia USA.

Now is all about looking after numero uno.....if you arn't packing anything...the crotch sniffing dog just makes sure no one else is!!lol
Oh! I'd never own a firearm, they're dangerous! I'll just let the government protect me from all those evil, Muslim terrorists out there.

Terrorists...they are all over in the UK ..and some can just can take people en masse...and its the risk..if your going to get a hard time from the government ...a dog is the least of your worries..

:I should of realized those dogs were there just for my protection, how silly of me to believe they were being used to intimidate me, and strip me of my civil liberties. Thanks so much for enlightening me Shuck.

[edit on 6/28/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by shuck
" Morons and Tards " not a very nice way to conduct a discussion!!lol
Oh, that was so naughty of me to refer to him like that after he insulted me and my children.. I do hope he'll forgive me.

Make the argument so you can prove your insult!!...you have only expressed a personal bias against the sniffer dogs....but at the end of the day this is a practical measure...to detect explosives !! thus save lives!!
You're so wise for one who is obviously so young.. However did you do it?

being offended is better than being dead I think!!

Despite the savage fascistic dog handled by some sadistic meglomaniaic !!
You're oh so right! I'd much rather be a slave than dead!

[edit on 6/28/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Oh, but I have heard this straight from talking with practicing Muslims. My knowledge comes first hand.

Then next time you do talk to straight talking Muslims, have them show you Quranic text to back up their claim.

Some Muslims will admit this.

If they do, then they haven't read the Quran, where it doesn't allow honor killings.

We are getting way off topic here, but this has been shown to be established by the Koran.

Then can you show us what it says?

Phoenix, I hope there is a growing voice in the Muslim world that continues to denounce terrorism and honor killings, who are willing to let their children choose what religion they want to follow.

All Muslim parents have to let their kids choose their faith. One can't be Muslim by force. You can't be a Muslim without faith, and you can't have faith because someone forces you to be Muslim. The annunciation of shaddah in itself must be from your own will.

I wish that those who stand up for the Muslim religion would be more open about this, and openly admit that this is a problem with Muslim culture, because it is.

There's nothing wrong with Muslim culture. The problem lays where ancient cultural practices that existed prior to Islam are infused with it.

To get back on topic, what is so hard about recognizing that Muslims complaining about having to be submitted to bomb sniffing dogs is only stirring up trouble.

Did they complain about being submitted to bomb sniffing dogs, or did they complain that they don't want the dogs touching them?

We are having to go through through all this extra security because of Muslim terrorists.

So there was no security there because of the IRA?

If any group should be willing to swallow their pride and put up with the things that everyone dislikes, Muslims should be the ones saying, I will endure this for the safety of all.

Which the are, hence not complaining about being subject to the search, but being touched by the dogs.

If anyone should be willing to swallow their pride, and endure the additional security, it should be moderate Muslims.

Why? Why should we have to go through additional security, when all others don't, just because we're a Muslim? I'm not going to give up the rights I share with the same people, just because those people look down on my religion.

Why should I give into a social stigma and be ok with being rated in a caste system?

[edit on 28-6-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Thankyou Lloyd do I sound young?? !!lol maybe a bit imature..maybe a bit thick!!
Yes !! I am older...possibly a bit wiser!! lol

Numero Uno...and yours...look at it this way a threat percieved or real...or even paranoia.....a dog rules out a possibilty.,,..

And having worked in the NHS....there are some real lunatics out there!!
They don't all have to be Muslim.....the dog dosen't give a monkeys what you think...the dogs are more interested in getting a treat if they find something!!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
DHMessiah you are right the Quran does NOT advocate honor killings. The Quran also does not say anything about dogs being impure or that Muslims should not touch dogs.

BTW...if I recall you said this earlier:

Originally posted by DJMessiahDid you have a shotgun placed to your chest after 9/11 by a KKK member? I'd hardly call them "squashed."

I live very close to Lawrenceville, GA. and if there were Klansmen running around in white hoods with shotguns in Lawrenceville I probably would have heard about it.

I also have to wonder how you managed to find Islam...somehow the idea of a prison conversion to NOI seems the most likely method (by you or a family member).

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I've read several pages of this bitchfest about bomb sniffing dogs.

The way I see it. The problem isn't that there is dogs out there sniffing around.
The problem is that there are a bunch of idiots running around with bombs strapped to themselves waiting to blow themselves up.

If you want to not have bomb sniffing dogs around then stop the terrorists from having bombs on them. Then we won't need bomb sniffing dogs anymore.

Everyone always gets all crazy when they see the dogs checking things out. But then when they are actually affected by terrorism they change their tune and ask why the government isn't doing more to stop it.
Well guess what they are and this is the consequence of that action.

And I don't see why you should care. Unless of course you're carrying bombs on you for some strange reason.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
I've read several pages of this bitchfest about bomb sniffing dogs.

The way I see it. The problem isn't that there is dogs out there sniffing around.
The problem is that there are a bunch of idiots running around with bombs strapped to themselves waiting to blow themselves up.

So, how many bomb carrying terrorists have you seen lately? I haven't seen any, so I guess all that Homeland Security stuff is really working good!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackinthebox
I wasn't kidding. I have killed two dogs. One that jumped on me, and another one that attacked my mother while she was walking our Beagle.

Lloyd he is confusing you with this JackintheBox character.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Lloyd he is confusing you with this JackintheBox character.
Mistakes happen. I was wondering where all that came from myself. Thanks Sonya.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

DHMessiah you are right the Quran does NOT advocate honor killings. The Quran also does not say anything about dogs being impure or that Muslims should not touch dogs.

Sonya,

The part about dogs being impure animals does not come from the Quran, but from the Hadith, or oral traditions. Here's a link that will explain it much better than I can. Hope that helps

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
And I don't see why you should care. Unless of course you're carrying bombs on you for some strange reason.

By that reasoning, why should you care if they listen to your phone calls, or read all your mail, or monitor your internet usage? Why should you care if they want to perform random house or car searches if you have nothing to hide?

I care, and I don't like it at all.

But...if they have to do it...I would prefer that they use dogs and also that all security forces which I come in contact with are in desert fatigues, and male, and carrying fully automatic weapons. And while we are at it good looking...and say yes ma'am a lot too. If the government is willing to do that then I will have no problem.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

I can't protect my GF all the time as I have to work and my dog is well taken care, can be left with kids and will attack on command, my dog has a life to envy. You are the one who abuses dogs, didn't you say one of your relatives had a dog that would bark at people if they got too close??? That is a dog that is not exercised enough nor trained correctly.

And the other guy is JackIntheBox, I just thought you and him could be good friends.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45

Sonya,

The part about dogs being impure animals does not come from the Quran, but from the Hadith, or oral traditions. Here's a link that will explain it much better than I can. Hope that helps

I believe it's oral tradition most dogs in the old world may have been savage and diseased, although this is no longer true but most Muslim children will steer clear of dogs especially when their mothers are shouting at them and dragging them away probably stating how the dogs are going to kill them.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
I believe it's oral tradition most dogs in the old world may have been savage and diseased, although this is no longer true but most Muslim children will steer clear of dogs especially when their mothers are shouting at them and dragging them away probably stating how the dogs are going to kill them.

It is from the Sunnah...not the Quran. And the author that started that trend just did not like dogs. In fact most dogs were not savage and diseased, they used to have a ton of dogs and the Arabs were quite close to them in pre-Islamic times. The bedoins still have dogs to manage the flocks and hunt with.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I just have one simple question - who cares if they are offended? I encounter something offensive almost everyday. You don't here Jews complaining about non-Kosher restaurants. I hate political correctness- it is doing no good.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

That's a great link, my mothers guide dog (pictured below) is pitch black, maybe that's why those [SNIP] give her constant abuse for it at college.

---
Removed racist remark.
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

And please try and stay on topic.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by spitefulgod
I can't protect my GF all the time as I have to work and my dog is well taken care, can be left with kids and will attack on command, my dog has a life to envy.
Any dog, even a trained one, is not really safe to leave around unattended children. You should know that if you're qualified to train a dog..

You are the one who abuses dogs, didn't you say one of your relatives had a dog that would bark at people if they got too close??? That is a dog that is not exercised enough nor trained correctly.
Yes, his dog is overprotective of him, and one day it'll will probably cause his demise. How does that translate into me abusing dogs though?

And the other guy is JackIntheBox, I just thought you and him could be good friends.
He's not a bad guy, he just speaks his mind, which isn't a particularly bad thing in my opinion. Different Strokes for Different Folks as they say.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

I don't like dogs sticking the noses and teeth into my crotch, either. Or slobbering on my expensive clothes if I'm lucky enough to have any.

There's no reason for a dog to have to come into direct contact with a person. After all, you don't see people shoving their faces into the crotches of dogs, do you?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join