It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniffer dogs offend Muslims

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

You do realise that most muslim countries women have the choice to wear a scarf or not?

I know women who were born and raised in America who choose to dress in traditional Muslim fashion.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Another prime example of political correctness gone mad, without being racist but how can they possibly not allow sniffers dog to come into contact with muslim passengers when theyre the most likely people to be carrying explosives ?!?!

Maybe we should take away civil rights for blacks during a traffic stop. After all, they're more likely to be carrying drugs or an illegal gun.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by spitefulgod

Tell you what if you come near me I'll kill you, you're a prick who would kill an animal who doesn't know any better just because it comes close to you.

I said "touch" not "come near." And if you touch me, I'll fillet you too champ.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
I have seen plenty of bomb and or drug sniffing dogs walk through the airports, and never do I see them sniffing peoples crotches. The dogs I see in the airports tend to be small dogs, beagle most often. Beagles are not an intimidating breed of dog. The dogs go along smelling peoples luggage, and only approach a person if they smell what they have been trained to seek out.
I don't want a dog near me, period! Is that so hard for you to understand?

Most of these so-called trained dogs, are also trained to alert on cue from their handlers, which opens the door for a probable cause search. The dog isn't really detecting anything. It's just a way to invoke a specious search on a person without a warrant or just cause.

If more bomb sniffing dogs meant less security points, and less luggage searches, and faster processing, then I am all for it. No ones happy with all the changes in airport security because the what terrorists have done. Some people should know when not to complain.

"Yes", let's give up all our right in the name of expediency. Our ancestors fought and died to provide you with these rights, but you'd throw them all away for the sake of convenience.. How American of you.

[edit on 6/28/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Well, the Muslim terrorists opened the door that has allowed the NWO to take away more of our rights. I should have been more specific in my original statement, we are doing these things now, not because of all Muslims, but because of Muslim terrorists. That is the only thing in my statement that I think is off base.

I am quite aware the terrorism has been quickly seized upon as a convenient excuse to take away more of our rights. Muslim terrorists play well into the hands of the NWO, or the IC's, and some of them are also Muslim.

By the way, there have also been Muslim women killed in the U.S. by their families for not wearing their burkas and their scarves, and for, OMG, dating a Western man. Yeah, most Muslims in the states and the rest of the Western world are fairly moderate, but denying those who are not, who take their religion too seriously does no one any good.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Hey, I don't like having to deal with lots of things in this world either, but I put up with it as needed for the advantages I can gain, like convenient travel. Hey, you surrender almost all of your rights every time you get into your automobile and drive on a public road. Reagan took away your rights with the war on drugs long ago, the anti-terrorism act has just enhanced this. When you are at an airport, the police can pull you off into one of their many interrogation rooms at any time, they don't need a dog to to do it.

I didn't surrender any of my rights, they were taken away by fools who voted for Reagan and GH Bush long ago.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I didn't surrender any of my rights, they were taken away by fools who voted for Reagan and GH Bush long ago.
Yet you're still willing to give up more of them for convenient travel. That's why the World is as screwed up as it is today. 50 years ago they'd have never got away with this crap, people would have rioted before submitting to tyranny.

What does the modern day American do, they project their resentment, animosity, and hatred on another group of long suffering people.. Muslims. It's much safer to criticize, blame, badger, and discriminate against them than fight back against unfair laws. You've heard of the term Scapegoating I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Your history of attacking the poster when you have no reasonable logic to dispute what the poster is saying is well on display throughout the thread. I would be disgusted with your constant western bashing if it wasn't so humorous in how off base it is. Oh yeah, not all Muslim nations force their women to cover themselves in burkas, like Moracco, the nation which wanted to execute a woman for allowing a child to to name a teddy bear Muhammad. Not exactly a refute saying that not all Muslim nations oppress their women and treat them like property.

What western bashing??

Moracco? you mean morocco? what does that have to do with the teddy bear thing? what?

All I see is you generalizing all the time, generalizing is not good.

Oh and honour killing has nothing to do with islam!! lol, there may be a growing number of honour killing if you say so, but every sane person including muslims know it's wrong just like the growing number of murders in the whole world! What does this have to do with anything???

It's almost like your preparing for war or something lol, over some silly news report.

It feels like your trying to find "ANY" sort of negative info on muslims and then attack them, and when you see postive things you ignore it.
Negative = in the news
Postive which outways all the negatives =not in the news.

You let the news control your life and how you think.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

By the way, there have also been Muslim women killed in the U.S. by their families for not wearing their burkas and their scarves, and for, OMG, dating a Western man. Yeah, most Muslims in the states and the rest of the Western world are fairly moderate, but denying those who are not, who take their religion too seriously does no one any good.

Nobody is denying these things, but these bad things that are happening are rare!

It almost feels like you want muslims to apologise for terrorists or something?

do you live in america? do you have to apologise for all the murders rapes, crimes etc??

I just don't know what you want?? Yes some bad things happen, but it has nothing to do with most muslims.

What are we debating about here? because I'm getting really confused.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Like I said, I would rather be sniffed by a dog than have to take off my shoes and be subjected to random search. Did you ever think that complaining about bomb sniffing dogs could easily lead to more intrusive ways of checking for bombs? It's a pick your poison kind of deal.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Like I said, I would rather be sniffed by a dog than have to take off my shoes and be subjected to random search. Did you ever think that complaining about bomb sniffing dogs could easily lead to more intrusive ways of checking for bombs? It's a pick your poison kind of deal.

My point is, it's all unconstitutional, it's all dehumanizing, and it's all pointless.

You're being conditioned to respond like docile sheep to their fear tactics. They're taking away your rights one at a time.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Go back and look through the thread, where you blame the West for all problems with the Muslim world.

It is called denial. The following two quotes are beauties.

Oh and honour killing has nothing to do with islam!!

Then in the next post replying to my pointing out the Muslims who engage in honor killings;

Nobody is denying these things, but these bad things that are happening are rare!

BUT YOU JUST DID DENY THAT MUSLIMS ENGAGE IN HONOR KILLINGS.

If you paid any attention, you would notice that I have been very consistent with my complaints about the Muslim religion.

Do I want Muslims to apologize for the terrorists who thrive in their midst, for honor killings that are almost exclusive to their religion, I don't know, I would just be happy to see people admit that these are problems primarily associated with the Muslim world.

I am willing to apologize for the bad things that our IC's do in the name of democracy, I am willing to recognize the problems we have here in the Western world, I would like to see Muslims do the same.

You want to know why? Because admitting these things is the first step in the healing process. Maybe, someone, somewhere, willing to make this point, can start the ball rolling towards peace.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Go back and look through the thread, where you blame the West for all problems with the Muslim world.

Then in the next post replying to my pointing out the Muslims who engage in honor killings;

If you paid any attention, you would notice that I have been very consistent with my complaints about the Muslim religion.

What the hell!!???

Where do I blame the west?

Honour killing has nothing to do with islam!!!!
Islam = the religion

And yes honour killings do happen! But are VERY rare, and has nothing to do with being a muslim or not.

You know what? I give up, I do not understand anything you say! All I see is you trying to spread hatred.

I still don't understand you.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Actually, she didn't.

She was correct when she said honor killings has nothing to do with Islam. In fact, Muhammad warned against honor killings. The reason it still occurs among people who are Muslim because it has to do with the culture rather than religion.

If you can't understand this, then let me show you an analogy:

If a person is a Christian American and they celebrate the 4th of July, does that mean that the 4th of July is Christian Holiday, since the majority of people who celebrate it are Christian? No, because it's part of American culture, not the Christian religion.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by DJMessiah]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by snowen20

I actually agree on some level.
the truth is atleast from my perspective is that westerners are creating chaos by entertaining such things as this law.
in return the mass reaction is to become angry with Islam and therefor add fuel to the fire.
Look Islam did it again, Look islam has demands. In reality truth be known I think we are to blame for our own mistrust.
What Islam is doing now they have been doing for thousands of years, but now they fit the "PARTY LINE" of terrorist so westerners go along with it.

True, and it won't stop with islam, after they get bored with islam, something else will be next.

What was the big thing before 911?

[edit on 27-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

Here ya go, as you agree here -
" Westerner's are creating chaos"

and then you add,

"and it won't stop with Islam, after they get bored with islam, something else will be next."

Yeah, all the problems are created by Westerner's according to you. We are the evil of the world is what it sounds like you are saying to me.

You don't understand me because you don't want to understand me. If you were to look at my perspective, you might have to revise a substantial part of your view of the world.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45Are you asking if I'm Muslim? The answer is "No". I'm Irish, Scot, Indian, and black by heritage. I was raised Southern Baptist.

Oh I knew you were not Muslim. Your opinion of dogs speaks of a limited exposure, and errrm...well...certain "cultural" attitudes which did not fit in with the image your avatar projects. But now I understand.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DJMessiah

Sorry, but Honor killings are a part of the Muslim culture. This is a fact.

All proud Americans celebrate the Fourth of July, Christians, Buddhists, Wicans, Spiritualists, Athiests, Agnostics, Scientologists. This is why it is not a Christian holiday, like Easter.

Only Muslims practice honor killings, except for maybe one other Middle Eastern religion, and they are not doing this in the Western world like Muslims are. It is common practice that parents will reject their child should their child decide not to be a Muslim. It is a great dishonor to the family, thus the honor killings. This is a very integral part of Islam. This is a fact about the practice of Islam. I am far more knowledgeable about this than you know.

This is at the very heart of why there will never be peace between Muslims and non-Muslims. This denial is not acceptable.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Oh I knew you were not Muslim. Your opinion of dogs speaks of a limited exposure, and errrm...well...certain "cultural" attitudes which did not fit in with the image your avatar projects. But now I understand.
Okay, you have my attention.. What cultural attitudes could I possibly of had that would make me dislike dogs instinctively? I can't wait..

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I am talking about westerners views of muslims just because of media.

I thought you would understand, from reading your posts in this thread, you seem to understand how media portrays men, but with muslims you don't see it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=poet1b

Look simply put.

Muslims DO talk out against terrorists etc.

I have seen them on tv, but the media does not show them much, the media prefers negative things!

Ask most muslims and they will reply in a shocked voice, that "terrorists are nothing to do with them??? they are crazy people."

Anyway muslims don't have to defend themselves, they expect you to already know! that the majority of muslims over 1 billion are living their lives just like anyone else, and that the media only shows you the bad sides.

If I were to base the world around news reports, it would look like a very sad messed up world, but all I need to do is go outside and see the things the news doesn't show to realise how different the world is to the news world.

Anyway muslims expect people to understand that these bad things you hear about has nothing to do with them.

Here is proof of muslims talking out against terrorists.

Most popular pakistani musicians come together to tell you, "we are not that"
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.yehhumnaheen.org...

You won't see this much in the news either. Muslim imans in india talk out against terrorism.
The Movement Against Terrorism
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

blogs.reuters.com...

Anyway, I hope you are happy to see things like the movement against terrorism?

Peace.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Sorry, but Honor killings are a part of the Muslim culture. This is a fact.

Would you care to cite where in the Quran it lists honor killings as required? Since it's part of all Muslim culture, it should be in the foundation of Islam, correct?

All proud Americans celebrate the Fourth of July, Christians, Buddhists, Wicans, Spiritualists, Athiests, Agnostics, Scientologists. This is why it is not a Christian holiday, like Easter.

Good, now you see the difference between culture and religion. Honor killings can and does occur in any religion, because of the person's culture.

Only Muslims practice honor killings, except for maybe one other Middle Eastern religion, and they are not doing this in the Western world like Muslims are.

Is this so? So if I were to prove to you that honor killings occur elsewhere, would you still believe this?

It is common practice that parents will reject their child should their child decide not to be a Muslim.

This is only your opinion, and not a fact. I have atheist or agnostic friends who have Muslim parents, and yet they are not Muslim themselves.

This is a very integral part of Islam. This is a fact about the practice of Islam. I am far more knowledgeable about this than you know.

Then show me where honor killings stems from in the Quran.

This is at the very heart of why there will never be peace between Muslims and non-Muslims. This denial is not acceptable.

Aside from there being a 3rd party trying to create issues between the West and East, the greatest threat is ignorance. Believing in stereotypes, no matter which side is dividing us even further. Even now, when you talk to Muslims and get first hand information about their religion, you choose to walk the path of ignorance and deny their education.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by DJMessiah]

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join