It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniffer dogs offend Muslims

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Sniffer dogs offend Muslims

www.dailyexpress.co.uk

POLICE sniffer dogs trained to spot terrorists at railway stations may no longer come into contact with Muslim passengers – after complaints that it is against the suspects’ religion.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod edit: Corrected Title to something more accurate.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I'm sure there are many susa's that say "Thou shalt not allow sniffer dogs to discover thy hidden bombs".

Is there no end to the list of things Muhammad didn't really like?

At least we didn't bend over on this issue.

www.dailyexpress.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I can't post a single word reply... But all I can say is LOL

for once I am at a loss

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
*shakes head*

I can't believe that.

And now with a tiny snippet of news like that the intelligence of the masses gets knocked down a couple more notches.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by C.C.Benjamin

what's a "susa"?

British Transport Police last night insisted it would still use sniffer dogs – which are trained to detect explosives – with any passengers regardless of faith, but handlers would remain aware of “cultural sensitivities”.

so what's the problem? Muslims said dogs were unclean, police said..tough.
Or is this just another opportunity to bash Muslims?

[edit on 27-6-2008 by geek101]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Let's keep it on topic please!

Sniffer dogs offend Muslims.

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

am i allowed to respond to his last statement
(which you didn't remove)?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

No. Unless it's on topic.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'm not a Muslim, and I'm offended by sniffer dogs too! First of all, I don't like dogs, and secondly I don't care to have some a stinky, flea ridden mutt sniffing my butt and crotch. The dogs are simply being used as a means of intimidating people.

If this type of invasion of privacy doesn't offend you, you're truly one of the sheeple I've heard so much about.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LLoyd45
I'm not a Muslim, and I'm offended by sniffer dogs too! First of all, I don't like dogs, and secondly I don't care to have some a stinky, flea ridden mutt sniffing my butt and crotch. The dogs are simply being used as a means of intimidating people.

If this type of invasion of privacy doesn't offend you, you're truly one of the sheeple I've heard so much about.

Ok, you don't like dogs. Stinky and flea ridden? I guarantee you these dogs are probably cleaner then most of the people using the public transport systems.

Sniffer dogs are not like regular police dogs. Have you ever heard of a sniffer dog savaging members of the public? They are hardly likely to be sniffing your butt and crotch either, unless you've stuffed a stick of something explosive up there.
As an animal lover I often have to keep myself in check when having sniffer dogs walk by checking bags as they pass, my natural reaction is to hunker down and give their head a scratch.

They are also far less intimidating than a couple of HK touting rozzers giving you the evil eye.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   

I've got to disagree here. Bomb sniffing dogs won't "intimidate" anyone. They are trained to immediately sit when they sniff a bomb. You don't really want your dog going hyper when it discovers a bomb, now do you?

Dogs don't need to touch Muslims to sniff if they have explosives on them. As I understand it, Muslims aren't allowed to touch dogs, or have dogs touch them. No problem with the bomb sniffing dogs.

A drug or bomb sniffing dog shouldn't intimidate anyone. BECAUSE THE DOG IS ACTUALLY LOOKING FOR HIS TOY! His toy, through training, becomes associated with the smell of narcotics/explosives.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This may sound stupid, but if they don't like the sniffer dogs and get offended. " Go back where you came from and quit crying. This is an unfair world and things don't always go the way you want them too. A sniffer dog is part of our police force and security. Next thing you know they will be offended by our officers that eat pork barbecue and request them to leave them alone too. Good doggy! Good job.

[edit on 6/27/2008 by Solarskye]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   

˝

I agree with you here. I really don't care if this is a religious thing. I mean, at least Muslim are complaining. Everybody else just go along.

Good doggy, I mean citizen.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by yanchek
I agree with you here. I really don't care if this is a religious thing. I mean, at least Muslim are complaining. Everybody else just go along.

Good doggy, I mean citizen.
Exactly! Today it's dogs and X-ray machines, so what will it be tomorrow, public body cavity searches? Please drop your pants and bend over sir.. We're doing this for your own protection..

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

Don't carry bombs strapped to yourself and you won't have to worry about nothing. Be good law abiding citizens. I don't hear anyone else complaining about the sniffer dogs but the muslims? Be offended and get over it!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
Don't carry bombs strapped to yourself and you won't have to worry about nothing. Be good law abiding citizens. I don't hear anyone else complaining about the sniffer dogs but the muslims? Be offended and get over it!

I really don't care if anyone else complains about sniffer dogs or not! I find them offensive, and a violation of my personal space.

If you enjoy having your butt and crotched sniffed, by all means allow them to do so. I on the other hand, derive no pleasure from the experience.

[edit on 6/27/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
i can't believe people actually agree with this. Sniffer dogs are used to detect drugs, drugs are sold to fund terrorism. Anything that can prevent that is worth it. Even if means you feeling "a little bit uncomfortable".

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join