It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What should I do? How do I convince/tell other people?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
With the world as it is today I'm still having trouble convincing people to wake up and see what is happening all around us. It annoys me so much but I'm still worried for my families sake. People are too concerned about the little things in life and are not willing to see the big picture as it usually scares the hell out of them ie. my sister.

Furthermore I was awakened at the start of the year. I dropped my music business studies, my community radio co-hosting show and my artist and club events public relation duties to study Law and hopefully join the army as a legal officer.

I really would like some support and help from you guys and girls over this issue. I'm worried that If I talk about these things with other people they will usually just think i'm a weirdo without even thinking about the evidence I lay down for them.

I do talk about current events with my sister as she does some work at the Amnesty Office. But besides that I have not been able to step over the line an explain why some things are happening. She usually just say I don't want to hear it.

How have some of you been able to convince your family? Your girlfriend? your friends about the growing issues of the world today. I'm not just talking about oil prices high, i'm talking about the coming war in the middle east, 9/11,NWO, 2012, Alien visitation, any of these things.

Well hope the people from Above Top Secret can help me out?

[edit on 27-6-2008 by nahsik]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
From my experience, it only causes harm to force information on people. For an analogy, it's like having the Witnesses bang on your door every day. It's annoying. You might lose friendships if you press too hard.

Some people just do not want to listen. Perhaps on an unconscious level they might sense something, but don't know what it is. And probably more often than not, will internalize it and think it's all about them, and not about the rest of the world.

It's heartbreaking I know. You want to tell others and I'm sure the feeling is genuine... But it's best to keep your mouth shut until the exact perfect time which is usually when people ask questions.

I cannot talk with my family any more and so I don't. I keep things civil and that's about it. I can't get too personal with the research and share with them. They already think I'm nuts and I'm the black sheep. I live a couple of thousands of miles away from my immediate family. When mom asks what's new I have to say "Not much," because if I go out and say all the stuff I learned, it would be like talking to a brick wall.

So you're either stuck waiting until the right moment when questions are asked, or you can do what my friend does. He downloads all the freebie truth documentaries, burns them on DVDs and sends them out with a letter that says "Please watch."

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Awesome i really appreciate your input and I do like the idea of spreading those docos around for people to watch. I'll keep that in mind for this week and start with that since I have a whole lot to share with people.

Yeah I do know that it would definitely be hard for the average person to stomach all this in. I've always been the inquisitive person and I guess I have to wait until it is the right time. But what happens when it is the right time to tell people and it becomes too late to really do anything about it.

thanks Ceara for your help!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
You're welcome! *hugs*

Oh, I forgot something.

Deep down I really feel people go through a grieving process when they begin to understand what's really going on.

At first they outright deny, then they get angry, depressed, and eventually accept. I went through it as well, but didn't discover that's what really happened until I began to not react emotionally to new news and am now just pragmatic about it.

So, be prepared to see these reactions and support them accordingly.

Information does protect, ultimately. I really believe that. Although we cannot control certain things, at least we can be better prepared than most.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   
That was exactly my experience when I came to understand our present situation. Imagine me changing my ideals and belief as I stepped back and looked at society. My every-day life changed.

I do feel \emotionless to some of the current news and I am trying to deal with it appropriately.

I'm going convince my girl this week. She is an accountant so I'm going to show her that documentary called Freedom to Fascism unless you can recommend anything better? Or any others that can help sway dis-believers?

top topics

join