It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiot at 30,000 Feet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
This was a long time ago, and I was still just a very naive young girl on this planet.

I was 19 and had never been anywhere. I was flying to Halifax, Nova Scotia (Canada). Made it and on the return ticket home had to stop in Montreal to pick up some football team. I didn't have a clue, as I was new to Canada. This was 1980, if that will help you at all. Well apparently the BC Lions had won the game against Montreal and they were gonna fly back to BC with us. Well the whole dang team got on board.

Here I am flying at 30,000 feet with the whole dang team. They didn't drink or holler or anything the movies make teams out to be, which at that time I expected it. But me, being shy and naive at the time just sat in my seat. Didn't ask for a single autograph. I am still kicking myself for that. It still amazes me though, all those hunks... wow...

So I am wondering, have you ever had the chance to meet or talk with someone famous and didn't? And if you didn't why didn't you??

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaimless

I actually had something like that happen in 1990 (or so).
I was at 'the frog pond' club/restaurant in Athens, Ga.
The Georgia Dawgs were there and they even had to turn sideways to let us through the hallway. I was so nervous and shy, that I didn't even manage to say ANYTHING.

It doesn't really bother me, because I'm not a big fan of football, but, my dad would have loved an autograph..
:bnghd:

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Clearskies]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
My dad has seen loads of celebs as he goes through central london everyday.

Among who he has seen are:
Paul McCartney
Pete Doherty
Prince
Noel Gallagher
Liam Gallagher

and lots more.
I don't think that he ever talks to them though.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yes. When I was a flight attendant we had famous people all the time. I often worked assignments where entire sports teams or single celebrities and their entourages would charter the entire flight. Never once did I ask for an autograph or photo, though. When I was a small child I asked a minor celebrity for their autograph and got my head ripped off. It traumatized me so I have never asked anyone for one since.
Never really cared to either, though. I don't understand people's obsessions with celebrities or autographs. It's just a name on a piece o paper.

top topics

join