It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Sitchin right or wrong??

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
While Sitchen's debunkers are focusing on his errors, they are not offering and alternative to why these stars are so important to the Sumerians.
They are not offering any clues as to how they got this knowlege.

All cultures have traditional stories of thier Gods coming from the sky.
All cultures have traditional stories of a great disaster wherein large amounts of water, mud and rocks rain down from the sky destroying their populations.

Perhaps between Sitchen's errors and his critics someone willl put it all together to give us a picture that is closer to the truth.
Do you think that it is possible that he put his stories together hoping that someone would be motivated to correct him and thus reaveal some of the truth?

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
While Sitchen's debunkers are focusing on his errors, they are not offering and alternative to why these stars are so important to the Sumerians.

What stars?

And the Sumerians were unaware of any solar bodies beyond Saturn

Only Sitchin - and those who derive their ideas from him say otherwise - everything stand or falls on Sitchin's personal and unique (re)interpretation of Sumerian and other Mesopotamian texts.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Taj Mikel

I'll try to find it today. I'm in a motel right now anyway, so I'm gonna miss the fireworks anyway.

wish me luck, I read the article like 2 years ago.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Stitchen has used the clay tablets stored in the museum in England for most of his research on Sumer. I believe that about 90 to 95% of his writings are correct. His ability to master other languages is certainly a plus. He doesn't have to be an archeologist to interpret the clay doucuments in the museum. The war in Irag has destoyed some of the evidence - which is a shame. I'm referring to the space station and landing site.
Nojstow

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   

go to wikipedia and look up Eris and Sedna. Eris might give you the greek goddess, but you need the planet/planetoid one.

I think Sedna looks closer to sitchin's model, if perhaps some event or just plain cosmic change had it in a slightly off orbit, which shouldn't be too hard to imagine, as it is small and in an elliptical orbit.

Sedna looks to be a closer match, as it has the longer orbit. Eris has a 500 some year orbit, not long enough to approximate the 36,000 or whatever years sitchin models.

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hey MorningtonCrescent and all mods, I have a question here...

Can we have an "Adopt A Mod" thread as well?

I want my own personal Mod...to love him and pet him and feed him and care for him and walk him and be BESTEST buddies

Wanted: 1 Mod. Must be housebroken, big eyes, nice and furry and cuddly. Will consider one without papers. Inquire within. Thanks.

Seriously though, this is a great idea for the newbies who are looking for guidance and how the site works, good job whoever thought of it!

posted on Jul, 4 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

if this is because I didn't anchor link that stuff, I figured it'd be easy enough for him to look it up himself.

otherwise, I guess maybe you mean we didn't search for this stuff before making a *GASP* new thread about it.

from my short experience, the search tool on this site is superweak.

I didn't feel like digging anyway, it's a holiday.

if not in response to me, then Have A Nice Day.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MegaTherion

Hey thanks for the assist and taking the time to hunt that down! I will definitely check that out when I get the chance, kinda hard sometimes as I spend most of my time surfing while at work but I'll definitely go check that out

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

ive read all of sitchins books..to me the guy was the real deal,every detail of his works make sense.. his work was based off ancient astronaut theories..dealing with a culture that no one really understands..he based his finding's on his interpretations of a unique and highly advance culture, which had a profound knowledge that we still use in our everyday lives now..people will always disagree on certain aspects of sitchins work..just as people disagree with the big G theory (GOD) or the big bang theory ..life is one BIG theory.. the truth is out there ..sometimes knowing is not knowledge its programed in our dna

posted on Apr, 7 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devilnitro28
Just wanna hear your opinions on Sitchins books and translations of the sumerian tablets. You think he was right with that or is it true that he has absolute no knowledge about Sumerians and the ancient writings.

Is he just a hoaxer or are the debunkers doing there work and trying to tell everybody he was wrong?!

Whenever anyone works extremely hard to prove someone wrong- especially regarding information that is not harmful to people in general - you can guarantee the debunker is tied tightly and personally to an issue.

And so generally, hard-core debunkers are not to be trusted.

The Catholic Church worked VERY hard to prove Galileo wrong. And according to their church records Galileo was wrong for hundreds of years. This is because Galileo's findings went against the Church's scripture as they interpreted it.

I have studied Sitchen at length, I have seen a circle of hard core debunkers misquote him, twist his numbers, and slew his findings, consistently. These debunkers very much remind me of the Catholic Church going after Galileo. They are so rabid about it that they even develop entire websites about this issue.

So all I have to say to them is "I think thou doth protest too much!"

top topics

<< 1   >>

join