It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To vote or not to vote...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Files
I just turned legal age to vote. I deciding to vote or not to vote cause both candidates in my mind are not fit to be president.

There are more than 2 candidates running. In fact there are more than a thousand people actually running for president. Of course not more than 10-20 of them will make ballot access in your state, but don't believe the media's lies: You do have a choice besides the 2 major parties.

And before you go on a typical narcissist rant about how a thirdparty/independent has no chance of winning, consider this: Usually every election, the third party gets no more than 1% of the vote. But this year, it's estimated the libertarian party candidate, Bob Barr, is going to get 8% or more of the vote. That's 8x more than what a third party usually gets, which is incredible.

If enough people got out of the mindset that "a third party would never win" and actually voted for one, then we can easily have a third party candidate be our president this election.

(...but that's not going to happen because 99.5% of Americans are sheep)

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I am sure this has been said, but... I am going to vote. Not because I believe in either candidate, but because people fought long ago so I could have the right to vote. And because there are still parts of the world where the citizens can't vote.

So I will show up and participate in my civic duty... but my vote will be a write in for Ron Paul. A wasted vote- perhaps. But I had my say.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by GetOutOfMyRabbitHole

So I will show up and participate in my civic duty... but my vote will be a write in for Ron Paul. A wasted vote- perhaps. But I had my say.

No vote is a wasted vote, unless the elections are rigged any way.

If people stopped being sheep and voted for who they liked instead of voting for "who has a chance" then this country would be a much better place and the status quo would be no more.

Folks, the presidential elections isn't a horse race. You're not supposed to vote for someone just because they are likely to win. If you vote for someone that is likely to win but doesn't support your views on the issues, you have nothing to win and all to lose, it's not like you are betting money on it. Well unless you are but that's doubtful.

I don't understand voting for someone just because they are the likely winner. Why have elections at all then? Why not just declare the "likely winner" the winner of the election in advanced and not hold elections?

And if you vote for someone that you don't like, and they get elected, does it some how make you feel better that you helped a guy get elected that you don't even agree with?

I am puzzled with this mentality plaguing America.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OrangeAlarmClock

I agree with you, but the sad truth is that while I know several people writing in Ron Paul, the majority of people are picking between Obama and McCain. That's what the media chose as the front runners (and Hillary, until Obama got enough delegates), so that's who the majority will pick from.

That's what sheeple do.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join