It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleep paralysis, possible to get trapped?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Hi folks. I've been having this fear for a long time now and it's really been holding back my progress. I've been trying to achieve an OBE through purposely inducing sleep paralysis, but everytime I'm in sleep paralysis for about three to four minutes I start to get the fear that If I don't fight it off or try to move a little that I will get trapped in it and won't be able to get out for a long long time no matter how hard I try. Am I just overreacting or can this actually happen?
If you have, how long have you purposely stayed in the sleep paralysis state, and was it easy for you to get out of it when you wanted?

Thanks for any help here

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I've never heard of this happening.

You could *feel* like you can't break out of it, but you will with enough effort of thought. For example, last night I was having a wild dream, so realistic that while I was having it, I thought it was real pretty much.

Somewhere in the middle it started to get a little too crazy, and I realized in my dream that I was just dreaming. Usually after something bad happens in the dream you realize this, because you say to yourself, 'oh crap, now that this happened, whats the point of moving forward?' thats when you realize, 'oh yeaaah, im in a dream right now', although not quite as real as real life. This happened to me lastnight, and the most vivid portion of my dream was literally trying to wake up. I remember trying to wake myself up and not being able to, able feeling like i travelled a long distance in spirit form or dream state to get to my bedroom.

Finally I like, entered my own body from below it. Weird, but then I did definitely wake up .. with a numb hand from sleeping in a weird position. :\ Its all better now.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by runetang

Oh, that's interesting. I've been experimenting a bit more with sleep paralysis and it doesn't look like you can actually get trapped in it after all. Well thanks for trying to help me out a bit, and sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on.

new topics

join