It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A "Frowny Face" Button; Basically, "No Soup for You!"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I wanted to post this in the RATS forum because I assumed the majority of the people here care about the directions this website takes. (by taking the time to collect 5,000 points, and then spend them here)

That said, I had an idea that I wanted some input on.

We have a current star and flag system, but we have no button to post a simple "I disagree". Would that discourage members? Would it help eliminate a lot of one line posts? Or help get rid of some of the hate-mongering?

Or would it simply add false negative impressions the way a star can do the opposite. I don't think it should be as prominent as the flag system, but maybe similar to the star?

Plus it would help get rid of a lot of bunk threads, as one line rebuttals would go away in leu of a "red star" or "frowny face".

What do you guys think? -Jason

(and if this is a bad place for this, maybe the ideas forum? I just wanted a more serious take on the topic.)

[edit on 27-6-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I like the idea. Maybe sort of like a 'post karma' where the star is green when positive and red when you get negatives.

Or, I like the thumbs up and thumbs down symbol personally.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I fully agree with this idea. Too many ignorant or "circle-jerk" threads get RIDICULOUS high amounts of stars, giving the false impression that the majority of ATS actually agrees with the topic or opinion, when in actuality it is a minority segment really basically abusing the star system.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Please add desires/ideas to the idea-collection thread ATS: What would you like to see in the Future?.

You will see that there are already a few suggestions like yours there though.

The reason these were never implemented up to now is because the website wants to promote positive-reinforcement, not negative reinforcement, which can also be easily abused btw.

Thread closed (add to the linked thread if you still want to)

new topics

top topics

join