It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movement to Rename Sewage Plant After Bush Gains Steam in San Fran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Oh no!!!!

I have to go take a Bush!

RESPECT has to be earned...it is not just handed out to any old war criminal.

For roughly 70--80 % of WE the people, he has only earned our contempt.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

That is fine. We have a JFK memorial road that only goes to the dump.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
So what?

It's unfortunate the populous couldn't muster the political will to demonstrate much earlier, when it was clear we had a bozo holding the reigns.

This is just political theater.

For those who think it disrespectful, I'm amazed. As citizens, we have no duty to respect anyone. That's what makes us free.

I also think it's hard to show a great deal of respect for someone who showed so little of it relative to the Constitution and the public trust.

And let's be clear. Nobody is spitting at the guy. They're just associating him with sewage.

In fact, I think that's exceedingly generous, and therefore almost inappropriate on those grounds.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by loam]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowEyes
Oh no!!!!

I have to go take a Bush!

From this day forth, all the toilets in the kingdom shall be known as...George Ws!
-Robin Hood Men In Tights!...albeit a bit modified..haha.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
OMG!!!

Stop.

I can't stop laughing.

Now, that's funny as Hell.

I'm laughing so hard, I'm in tears here.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

LOL I agree with Loam here...they could have at least been original and named a "shrub" after G.W. or some form of new autism!

Perhaps they can name the street where that illegal alien just shot a bunch of people there in their city, the G. W. Boulevard?

I am just glad I live in a country where I can post insults at any sitting or non-sitting president without being arrested.....I hope

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Just don't expect any assistance from the Feds if you have a major quake in the next 7 or so months.Plus the Govinator made be slow in coming to your assistance too.They would probably just burn the whole damn place down like they did once before.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
This is disgusting, and is testament to what happens when the most base of society decides to gather. There is a difference between respect and maturity. You need not respect the man to be a mature adult. I can count on one hand how many are in this thread.

Reprehensible.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Childish antics eh?

Obliterating countries for gain is far from childish antics. If only they would set them down with easles and water colors.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by forsakenwayfarer
This is disgusting, and is testament to what happens when the most base of society decides to gather. There is a difference between respect and maturity. You need not respect the man to be a mature adult. I can count on one hand how many are in this thread.

Reprehensible.

No one is asking you to stay here and patrol this thread.

Although your opinion is respected and noted. Sure, it may be deplorable to some, but I find that Bush's actions speak louder than any of us in this thread can. We need not bash his reputation, he has done a find job of that all by himself.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Reprehensible is using white phosphorous to burn out hadjis and Iraq civis alike.

Bombs bursting in air.

Get your m80's out for the 4th. It will get you in the mood.

20/20 will come along and preview some burned up/ shattered child or puppy sent back to the states.

It's all good. Yep, all good.

[edit on 6/28/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Very childish.
I knew "progressive" Frisco has been off the rails for a while, but this??

Anyway I do hope this goes through, in part as a lasting tribute to the city itself. Make sure the names of the politicians who supported this get on the plaque as well.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Maybe they can get this in the works and approved to be dedicated by the Fourth of July, in order to signify our Independance shortly from this moron.

We can only hope.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I propose his buddies in the pharmaceutical industry jump on the bandwagon too. We could have a laxative called "Bushanol" ensuring that the Bush sewage treatment plant carries on his excremental legacy into the future, ensuring his well earned place in history.

It's funny to see the forum neocons with their knickers in a twist about this. There's a lot of closet totalitarianism on the web.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gb540

It immediately reminded me of this little incident in 2003, also from San Francisco:

San Francisco protesters stage a 'vomit in'

Now what kind of message does that send to the independent observer? Does that help get your message across, or does it make the protester look like a total and complete lunatic?

Granted, this case isn't nearly as ridiculous, but its along the same lines. Its completely unnecessary to engage in what amounts to toilet humor or otherwise offensive behavior in order to make your point. If that's what you have to resort to, perhaps you don't really have a point. In this case, I think they definitely do have a point, but stuff like this DOES NOT HELP to make their case to those who may still be on the fence.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by vor78]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I agree 100%. Perhaps we should name one wing of the National Musem of Sex to the William Jefferson Clinton Oral Wing. That would be every bit as ridiculous as this. The office of the President demands a certain level of respect. This crosses that line and is a slap in the face to the office itself and every President we've had.

The office of the president gets respect when there's someone worth respecting in the Oval Office. Pelosi took impeachment off the table. We're probably never going to get a trial for this criminal and his accomplices, so a few small justices, such as this, are more important to people than you think.

It may be childish, but sometimes, you need to be able to laugh and act childish in order to make an increasingly hostile world seem a bit more like good really can prevail. It's symbolic of the will of the people in San Fransisco. And I can't and won't begrudge them this.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Could this also be from the fact that people want to make a stand, but no one will listen unless it's like this? No offense at all, but I don't think G.W. should have anything named after him, but if he had to this would be good.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
In the not too distant future...

Kid in Backseat: Dad what is that smell????? peeeeeeeeeeeeeeUUUUUUU.

Dad: Thats george bush..

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
You see this proves it... you are all about of muslim lovers, you give our enemies the fuel to keep up their struggle by doing this. GWB is a patriotic man who love his citizens and always does what is best for you!!! Shame on you all!!!

Are you going to do this when we elect Mccain, a war hero ???

I hope not!

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Let's look at the other side here.

If the plant is renamed, the SOURCE of the sewage would be SF liberals flushing the byproduct of their lifestyles. Bush would have the job of dealing with it, to prevent the libs' own actions from wrecking their own environment.

Perhaps an unnamed waste pipe dumping raw effluent into the water supply would be better?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join