It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movement to Rename Sewage Plant After Bush Gains Steam in San Fran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Rush...???? Is that you?

Seriously though. BLAMING CLINTON WILL NOT HELP CONVINCE ANYONE. They have trodden on the lower and middle classes with complete disregard for the opinions or rights of millions of tax paying Americans.

Clinton as a scapegoat for these guys is so far fetched it's like saying Cheney is a good shot.

I remember prosperity.This is not it.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Yeah, there's no doubt that the world economy is just about ready to go into full flameout mode, with the US leading the charge.

The article is absolutely correct on the solution:

As a matter of fact, if Washington really intended to stabilise the Dollar or, more ambitiously, to push it up against the other currencies, there would only be one way (5), in two parts: raising significantly the Fed's interest rates, and lowering drastically the pace of money printing

Been saying that for months. Yes, it will create a short term economic recession, perhaps even a depression, but it will stave off an even larger economic disaster than if the status quo is maintained.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Flushing away billions of dollars and thousands of lives for an unjust war....poetic justice for the Dick and Bush administration.

On a side note...I recall all the jokes made about Clinton as well during his Lewinski and Cigar incident....

Bush or Clinton...cant stand either of them and thank God the family dynasties are done.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by solarstorm]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Wow, I guess we see the maturity level coming out with the responses to this. I guess if everyone could worry about the real problems at hand instead of ways to make fun bush then things would maybe get done by the radical left.
The lets make fun of bush thing is a little worn out kids!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TtownRich

Wow, I guess we see the maturity level coming out with the responses to this. I guess if everyone could worry about the real problems at hand instead of ways to make fun bush then things would maybe get done by the radical left.
The lets make fun of bush thing is a little worn out kids!

If you can't beat em'.....at least make fun of em'!!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Reacting and not reading. Notice I did say it was a simple history of how one failure compounds for the next Administration.

Time to clear up some things easy one first: Clinton could have passed a law saying that it is okay to hold a gun to someone head and rob them blind while in church. Doing so makes the action wrong so I don't "blame" Clinton for the screw up just identifying where it became possible for the speculators to put the screws to us all by artifically raising the value of oil as a commidity.

Frankly the old laws of ability to take imediate posession did well to peg value at supply and demand as opposed to this crap we are facing now. Otherside of the coin is inflated high prices is the only motivation to reduce consumption in America. Bottom line is although Oil is $XXX/barrel on the NYSE, refiners do not pay that price from suppliers as supply contracts are a set price for a term of time or total number of barrels supplied. Marathon just recently paid $100/barrel under a new contract. Listed price was about $130/barrel at the time. Price paid by consumers at the pump is based on NYSE values. Hence some really record profits there.

9/11 is related to Iraq War as the Bay of Pigs is related to the 1969 moon landing. Not directly related but it has some common history. GW Bush made Iraq part of the WOT to take advantage of a situation. He "justified" it by faulty (or fabricated) intelligence, but the taking of Iraq served the purpose of drawing out those that "wanted to kill Americans" so instead of spending untold years fighting in the mountians of Pakistan/Afganistan much of the counterstike from Al Qadia went to Iraq and fought more or less in the open in a less protected environment and people that would have provided stronger aid to their cause.

Also we knew that the general population would be more supportive in removing Saddam, our military already knew the Iraq theater operations via the first Gulf War and how to deal with the problems of sand in jet engines and other problems. Logistical supply lines were also easier in Iraq than in Afganistan. So there you go. I don't agree with the how's and why's but I understand and can't fault him for taking the easier route.

Edit to add--Rush used to scream that drug users needed the death penalty...no reports of seppuku from the golden EIB mcrophone yet. So yeah name it the Bush Turd Temple...might have to make a trip out west and remove the lower curve of that "B" though.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by Ahabstar]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
Guess our current Administrator must have only been looking at me in the eye (through the TV) when he said there were WMD's in Iraq... Y'know, come to think of it, he also looked me in the eye years ago and said "Mission Accomplished". He also told me I was never going to bay $4 a gallon for gas. It was $4.09 on the way to work this morning. Now, granted, he did buy me two tanks of this $4/gallon gas
It's ok, we all post without thinking sometimes...

Would you mind filling me in on exactly what we're arguing about here? If you want to discuss lies that the last few administrations and/or sitting presidents have told the nation, I'd be happy to do so in a thread dedicated to the topic.

My entire point was that despite the fact that Clinton looked me right in the eye and lied to me, I still wouldn't think it's appropriate to name a sewage plant after him (or a wing of the sex museum as I presented.)

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well, this sure is a childish thing to suggest, let alone do.

[edit on 6-27-2008 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueTriangle

If you want to discuss lies that the last few administrations and/or sitting presidents have told the nation, I'd be happy to do so in a thread dedicated to the topic.

You go start that thread....wait there. Don't call me I'll call you.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
No kidding. That's exactly what I just said. This act does not compare to what Bush has done. At the same time, such acts also detract from the real issues.

My apologies vor, I read your post wrong, and agree that these acts detract from the real issues.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I think it is a great idea.

In fact I would even take it a step further.

They should build a gigantic concrete mold of George Bush's head and place it at the area of the plant where the raw sewage drains in. Then cut out a giant hole in the face and let all of the crap run out of his mouth, much like it does so freely and effectively in real life

It would be like Mount Rushmore, only better

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Ian McLean

I find it rather disgustingly disrespectful.

I would have to agree. And I would also argue that if the childish liberal-left of San-Fran insists on persuing this course of action, why not include ALL of the people during the time of the current administration who are of making mistakes and impeding progress on purpose?

How about Congress? Why aren't their names being added as well? Congress as of May 14 showed an 18% approval rating according to Gallup (www.gallup.com...)

Yeah, I know, you shmucks condoning this behavior want to whine and bitch and moan about the war. Here - here's a good blog from a NY Post editor that sums up what exactly what's going on with the war. When things go well with the war, we see a media blackout concerning all things Iraq.

DO we still have troops in Iraq? Is there still a conflict over there?

If you rely on the so-called mainstream media, you may have difficulty answering those questions these days. As Iraqi and Coalition forces pile up one success after another, Iraq has magically vanished from the headlines.

Want a real "inconvenient truth?" Progress in Iraq is powerful and accelerating.

But that fact isn't helpful to elite media commissars and cadres determined to decide the presidential race over our heads. How dare our troops win? Even worse, Iraqi troops are winning. Daily.

You won't see that above the fold in The New York Times. And forget the Obama-intoxicated news networks - they've adopted his story line that the clock stopped back in 2003.

My fellow Americans, have you read or seen a single interview with any of the millions of Iraqis in Sadr City or Basra who are thrilled that the gangster militias are gone from their neighborhoods?

Didn't think so. The basic mission of the American media between now and November is to convince you, the voter, that Iraq's still a hopeless mess.

Source: www.nypost.com...

And this little disrespectful stunt by California's finest example of polticians is just a prime example to help drive the hatred.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

You are a mature and seasoned poster. Your opinions are of the highest caliber, and you bring nothing but enlightenment and... What?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
Would you mind filling me in on exactly what we're arguing about here? If you want to discuss lies that the last few administrations and/or sitting presidents have told the nation, I'd be happy to do so in a thread dedicated to the topic.

My entire point was that despite the fact that Clinton looked me right in the eye and lied to me, I still wouldn't think it's appropriate to name a sewage plant after him (or a wing of the sex museum as I presented.)

What I got from your post was that naming the sewage plant after Bush was wrong. You supported this basically by saying that even though Clinton had the audacity to lie to you about a little extra-marital action, you wouldn't support a sewage plant being named after him. You compared the wrongs of Clinton and Bush, and while the Clinton family has an impressive list of substantially accident prone friends and acquaintances, there is absolutely no comparison whatsoever. would you let a murderer go because you think its wrong to imprison a jaywalker?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by forsakenwayfarer

Thanks!!

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

Not a problem. Sometimes its hard to convey meaning quite the way you want on the internet and misunderstandings occur from time to time. No harm, no foul, as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
What I got from your post was that naming the sewage plant after Bush was wrong. You supported this basically by saying that even though Clinton had the audacity to lie to you about a little extra-marital action, you wouldn't support a sewage plant being named after him. You compared the wrongs of Clinton and Bush, and while the Clinton family has an impressive list of substantially accident prone friends and acquaintances, there is absolutely no comparison whatsoever. would you let a murderer go because you think its wrong to imprison a jaywalker?

OK, I rescind my statement then, you did understand my point. And, YES, I absolutely compared the wrongs of Clinton and Bush. I have zero doubt in my mind that Clinton lied to me on TV. However, every single Bush lie that's been presented has a counter argument. If it's ever proven that Bush intentionally lied about WMDs, I'll retract this statement.

As an answer to your final question, NO. However, that question doesn't represent the situation here at all. Bush didn't murder anybody and Clinton didn't jaywalk, he lied while under oath. There's a reason why Bush hasn't been impeached while the congress is controlled by the democrats. Those of us outside of the "elite" can only guess why, but I think it's because when ALL of the facts come out it would hurt the aims of the democrats.

Regardless, back to the topic at hand, this is ridiculous. This reminds me of grade school when we once wrote "John's stall" on a bathroom stall. It was hilarious then. It's childish and stupid now that I've grown up.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Mad_Hatter

Yes - SOOOOOOOO F*%&ing good-Poetic Justice???

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
How utterly and completely pathetic. Here is an astonishing idea: how about doing something proactive to make government better rather than trying to start a 3 ring political circus based on irrational foaming at the mouth hatred and partisanship.

And whats even more sad is the bitter, partisan left wing hacks on ATS are loving it...you people have reached a whole new low - and that is saying something. Stupidity like this is a disgrace to the Democrat party, which is far better than this.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I am appalled at the lack of respect shown to our president by san francisco residents and board members. It is childish and uncouth to say the least. Sure he has made a couple small mistakes while in office, but which president hasn't? The president and the US require our respect and obedience. Plus...
He's just such a nice guy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join