It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Movement to Rename Sewage Plant After Bush Gains Steam in San Fran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Suppose I should have expected a reply like this from you. I have to wonder however, how in the hell anyone could view supporters of this "worse" than the man being ridiculed. Naming a sewage treatment plant after a man who's directly responsible for hundreds of thousands of unwarranted deaths of innocent people worse than the atrocities this man has committed? That's laughable my friend, and speaks volumes of your character. You can disagree, that's fine. Rockpuck was able to disagree in a manor that clearly displays his sanity, and offers a good example of how to do so, however you managed to isolate yourself from the majority of the worlds population in your attempt to elevate your self-righteousness to unprecedented levels.

Your boy is a mass-murdering war criminal. He was bound to have a sewage plant named after him sooner or later...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Childish? Does that really matter?

If you ask me, it's a bit more than he actually deserves. Even naming a treatment plant after him will keep in our memories a joke of a president and an eight year train wreck most of us would rather soon forget.

Honestly, you're not the Maturity Police. Pointing fingers at others and calling them childish for their unique form of protest is only a testament to your lack of a sense of humor.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
what part of the clinton impeachment did you find respectful? the public reading into the records by the republicans of every DETAIL of clintons affair? or the constant repeating, everyday of what he had done, in the media? you know...the LIBERAL MEDIA!!!? the republican bashing of his daughter? accusing him of murder, drug running, by the right wingers?

you mean that type of respect for the office?

Explain to me how that is any different than what GW goes through on daily basis? I believe that the "liberal media" is actually anti-Administration, not solely liberal. The money lies in the slamming the sitting President, so that's what they do.

If you really want to talk about the impeachment itself. The fact that he did what he did in the oval office was disrespect for the office. I can still remember him to this day looking me right in the eye (from the TV) and stating that he "did not have sexual relations with that woman." That was a bold faced lie, another disrespect for the office.

However, that's not really what were talking about in this thread. My statement was that naming a sewage plant after GW was equivalent to naming a wing of the aforementioned museum after WJC which I still think is accurate.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well Mad Hatter, I agree with you, it's funny as hell and Very befitting to be one among many many disreputable things that this administration is and should be named for..Yes, it does bring dishonor to the Office Of President, but So does the Man at the desk, I won't even start a topic for discussion on that because it would probably turn out to be one of the biggest threads this board has seen, all I can say is that it's par for the course, and it's just one city showing it's disgust in an administration that has taken so much from so many, and given nothing but lies back..
If His name is synonymous with sewage, then so be it, I have seen Very few good things he's done for this country that (aren't self-serving) and profitable.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Regardless of the hatred for this particular President doesn't your common sense and respect for your country tell you this is way over the top?

I think we should all be respectful for the person elected to the highest office on the planet. It's great to disagree and voice displeasure with the current administration but come on......just think it through a little will ya? It really makes people look quite silly to be praising this moronic attempt to smear the current President.

Perhaps we could petition the following venues for name changes:

The Nancy Pelosi Plastic Surgery Center
John Kerry's Swift Boat Dealership
Mike Dukakis' Half Way House for Convicted Murderers
John Murtha's (rush to judgement) Law Firm
Kennedy's Bar & Grill
Jimmy Carter's House of Scarves

I can keep going if you want.

Becker

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I find it rather disgustingly disrespectful.

Do you really mean that? Or are you taking a strong stance on a position of civility and decorum, for the sake of civility and decorum? Nothing wrong with that, if so, and either way I'm not accusing you of not being genuine.

But there's two ways I can think that such an expression (the logo, in particular) could be considered disrespectful. Let's clarify the issue.

First is a personal one, to the man who is currently POTUS. A man, like any other, who by the token, deserves simple human respect. Not to be unfairly vilified, mocked, or abused. Ok, that makes sense, the plant-renaming initiative is equating his personal job performance to something associated with sewage. That's rude, and I agree, a little disrespectful. But very much par for the course in American politics; nothing a politician should expect to be immune from.

And very much a two-edged sword! As another poster (or perhaps a linked article) pointed out, the officials at the treatment plant are against the renaming -- which might seem respectful to Bush at first, but they then go on to justify their stance: the plant isn't a cesspool, it actually keeps the sea and water of the Bay clean and environmentally in balance. So they don't want it renamed after Bush. Huh.

Then there's the other 'disrespect' I can think of: the logo itself. It depicts the eagle of the Great Seal, clutching instead of arrows, two 'plumber's friends'. A rather well-done photoshop job, actually.

Is that disrespectful of our country? Some might argue that Bush's actions have led to that characterization of disrespect, but I feel that's a moot point -- the structure of the Republic is greater than any one man, or even any holder of Constitutional Office.

And therein lies the paradox. The strength of the Republic does not derive from reverence for its symbols. Or even reverence for its principles. We are above such dogma. The strength of the United States doesn't need to be said to derive from anything, even the Creator cited by the founders. The validity of the Republic is 'self-evident' -- proven or disproven in practice, not slightable principle -- a crucible, refining just and effective government.

And such a crucible fears no impurity. No disrespect, no deceit, nothing 'disgusting' need be feared. The framework of the Republic eventually transmutes or evaporates such dross. We honor our country by, like the eagle, soaring above such petty concerns as personal offense and perceived disrespect.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I find people getting killed in the sequence of lies slightly more disrespectfull than this.

For someone that deserves to be impeached and probably thrown in jail on actual criminal charges having a sewage plant named after him is actually much more of an honour than he deserves.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Oh that is genius...

Best news i've heard all day, in fact that's the only good news I've ever heard that contains his wretched name...

Oh and just a quick point, to all those people who disagree with this... get a sense of humour.

George Bush should consider it an honour that something fits his name so well....

Hahahahahahahahaha..... genius.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Absolutely childish. This behavior is pathetic.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I for one find it entirely fitting for a president who has taken the largest #2 on this country (& planet for that matter) to date.

For a guy thats so sure history will decide......

A fitting tribute.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I find it a most appropriate sayonara to a despicable character. Lets hope we do get to flush on the day he leaves- hell,lets hope he leaves, period.
There's a chance he (George) may get the last laugh and STAY.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangleI can still remember him to this day looking me right in the eye (from the TV) and stating that he "did not have sexual relations with that woman." That was a bold faced lie, another disrespect for the office.

Guess our current Administrator must have only been looking at me in the eye (through the TV) when he said there were WMD's in Iraq... Y'know, come to think of it, he also looked me in the eye years ago and said "Mission Accomplished". He also told me I was never going to bay $4 a gallon for gas. It was $4.09 on the way to work this morning. Now, granted, he did buy me two tanks of this $4/gallon gas with his stimulus package, but honestly it hasn't stimulated my economy in the least. He told me that check was going to solve all my problems... another lie. Turns out, if you look at his campaign material from 4 and 8 years ago, every sentence he uttered was a lie.

So, tell me again how a lie about a personal relationship exceeds in severity those lies Bush has told which have led to hundreds of thousands of deaths of innocent human beings.

It's ok, we all post without thinking sometimes...

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
That is so fitting, both the plant and G W are full of the same stuff, in fact i cant imagine a more fitting name, every time people see this place or one like it, they will always think of George.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Not that I expect many to listen but you do know that every President inheirents the problems of the previous administration right?

In a simplified history:

The 9/11 attack had more to do with Clinton not taking the opportunity on Bin Laudin when he had the chance. Which was a problem due to GHW Bush having US troops on Saudi soil. Which was a problem stemming from Regan's deal making with Iraq over Carter's failure with Iran Hostages which stems from Nixon and Johnston and Kennedy's Mid-East policies and Truman and Ike's support of Israel as a recognised state.

While SF is no doubt doing this for the giggles Bush could easily take the high road and say that he is flattered and would like the 49'ers training facility named after him as well since they have been playing like....the same substance, for some time as well.

While I don't agree with our invovlement in Iraq, I don't fault Bush for it. The policies on amnesty for illegals, ecconomic side-stepping and not cracking down on the Enron Loophole (created under Clinton by relaxing commodity trading regulations) that has placed our gas at $4/gal via investor speculation are what makes me want to go to DC and turn him over my knee for an old fashioned hide tanning.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
While I don't agree with our invovlement in Iraq, I don't fault Bush for it.

This only works if Iraq was responsible for 9/11, which of course, there is absolutely zero evidence for. While Bush et all would have us all think Iraq and 9/11 are the same monster, they're not. Not even close. When every monster is wearing their own name tag, your chain reaction logic breaks down.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

The statement in that particular post was intended a generality. It was not aimed specifically at this particular case. No, I do not believe that this particular act compares to Bush. I do standby the statement that I believe that it makes them look childish.

All I'm asking for is civility in public discourse. Of course, I know that's asking too much.

Such acts detract from the real issues and lead to conservatives IGNORING the real case against Bush (and there is a substantial one).

[edit on 27-6-2008 by vor78]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
That is too funny! I love it!

Originally posted by Rockpuck
I find it rather disgustingly disrespectful.

Yeah, so do I. I think he's disgusting and I have absolutely no respect for him. That's why this works. When he shows that he deserves my respect, he will get it.

But as far as I'm concerned, he cannot get my respect simply by being located in the office of the presidency.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Even when speaking in generalities, one cannot compare the two administrations. Period. If you'd like to officially debate which administration perpetrated the most wrong doings, told the most lies, broke the most laws, I'm sure a multitude of members here would jump at the opportunity.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
reply to post by vor78

Even when speaking in generalities, one cannot compare the two administrations. Period. If you'd like to officially debate which administration perpetrated the most wrong doings, told the most lies, broke the most laws, I'm sure a multitude of members here would jump at the opportunity.

No kidding. That's exactly what I just said. This act does not compare to what Bush has done. At the same time, such acts also detract from the real issues.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This is such a fun thread and i dont feel like starting another one:

Lets keep laughing!

Get this:

Global financial system: An impossible requirement – placing Washington under international trusteeship – provokes the system's break
Washington's decision to raise the bids for the return to a « strong Dollar » bears the seeds of an acceleration of the global financial system's breaking process

source

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join