It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain wants 105 Nuclear Reactors built in US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I just cant see how he figures this is going to do anything but make America the Toxic waste dump of the world.
I guess if we just see the Grand Canyon as a big old ditch we could just start throwing the waste in there.
Anyone have any ideas on this madness?

news.yahoo.com...

I woke up to this news this Morning, he lost my vote, but now? Obama refusing to place his hand over his heart and when his campaign office called me, I asked the question politely and was turned over to a supervisor and she told the volunteer to "Just hang up on her."

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
He wants 45 extra reactors - you already have 104 not including double digit figures that are used by your navy. Merely a pin prick.
European Union has almost 150 reactors. France has 59. Again, 45 extra will not be a massive diferance - and if proper waste re-enrichment is used then waste could go down from current levels.

Personally I like the idea, prices for coal are either stagnant or increasing, while Nuclear power is, per mega watt hour, cheaper than coal. That being said, the cost of 45 reactors is astronomical and it would be far smarter to invest in the near term problems Americans are facing - Ameria is in as much trouble as it is.

[edit on 27/6/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I see no problem with this at all. There are many other countries taking advantage of nuclear power in a safe and responsible manner.

Why shouldn't we?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I agree with nyk whole heartedly. Nuclear power is something, if used and managed properly, that could easily answer our energy crisis(maybe not as far as cars go, but there would be plenty of electricity).

Besides, there's an easy answer to the waste problem that is just so obvious I'm quite surprised that it hasn't been taken advantage of. Slap all of it into a rocket and shoot it into the sun.

The waste is instantly incinerated, and the radioactivity is simply a drop of water in an ocean of already existing radioactivity.

top topics

join