It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sheeple.The supreme court makes the 2 amendment 100+pages long and weakens it

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Stop celebrating that we have won.The judgment is 100+ pages long and they have made the sentence into a double speak just like the IRS tax book

THe govt has the power to license and restrict guns and speaker of the house said that D.C does not have to unban it.
Now you need a permit and what if govt does not issue a permit.

the second amendment has essentially been watered down.

second amendment restricted

www.sltrib.com...
www.prisonplanet.com...

[edit on 26-6-2008 by greenjuice]

[edit on 26-6-2008 by greenjuice]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:02 PM
link   
just the fact that this was even being voted on should be a HUGE no no!!!

[edit on 26-6-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Reading about FISA this week and similar bill of rights arguments. There are few cases where infringement of your inalienable rights is an actual crime. Best bet when it comes to infringement and grey areas is to throw "we" to the wind and “let them pry it from your cold dead hands" so-to-speak. Your rights are your rights regardless of any ‘Law’.

I am a citizen and I support this message.

Judicial ruling, legislative position, Executive action be damned - it simply is a matter of how far you are willing to go to prove your freedom to them, me and yourself.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Pawnhaus

very well said! and you are 100% right.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   
The ruling actually addressed registering handguns and acquiring permits...all said, it was more of a victory for gun owners than a defeat. They said, once and for all, gun ownership is an INDIVIDUAL right.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by CyberSEAL

I agree. The fact that it was ruled an individual right is a gigantic victory in this battle.

On the flip side, I think virtually all of us knew that they would leave in a provision that would allow legislatures to pass certain restrictions or qualifications such as licensing. In that sense, it really just maintained the current status quo.

As far as Pelosi's statement is concerned, who cares? She has absolutely no authority in the matter unless she wants to cram an anti-gun bill through Congress. The city of Washington DC will have to rewrite its own laws and even then, it'll be once again subject to challenges by pro-rights advocates.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by vor78]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Sure we have a right to own them. But what about open carry? How long will it be before we will have to register all firearms? Will they have to kept in a locked gun safe? Will they have to be kept disassembled until we use them on the firing range? Yes we won in the fact that we still maintain that right, but we opened up another can of worms that might be as bad if not worse!

respectfully

reluctantpawn

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
And just think...if this had happened next year under an Obama presidency, with the types of judges he would appoint...the second amendment would be on it's way out the door for good.

Scary thought...

top topics

join