It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Dumb America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
The way I, and I'm sure many others see it, is that the government controls everything.

The government could crack down on drug trafficking if they truly wanted to, yet they allow it to happen. In fact, the government and various government agencies, notably the CIA, are the ones doing the drug trafficking

The government wants "a dumb America." That's their plan. They want for teenagers such as myself to succumb to drugs and alcohol, "the hyphy movement," Britney Spears, etc. Drugs, alcohol, the media, are tactics that the government use in order to keep "a dumb America."

This past school year as a junior in high school, I knew of several 18 year old seniors who had Medical Marijuana ID Cards. How do 18 year olds obtain these "cannabis cards?" Well, it's as simple as coming up with a BS excuse such as "I had a bad fall, which in turn led to an excruciating amount of back pain, and weed helps me" (This is the excuse that one of the 18 year old students I know, used). On top of it all, it took nothing more than a few simple questions for my 18 year old acquaintance to obtain the card: no physical background check, no further questioning, etc. And to my knowledge, not only did this 18 year old acquaintance of mine use the card to obtain marijuana for his own pleasures, but also to deal it.

If the government truly sought for the welfare of their country's citizens, how could an 18 year old high school senior obtain a "cannabis card" so easily?

As for media, the government controls what we hear and watch. The government knows of "the hyphy movement," but more importantly they know the significant amount of influence it has on us, sadly (click the link and read the article for further expansion on "the demise of hyphy"). The government fuels our minds with "news," such as Britney Spears, who by the way is the third most popular search on Google (global). The government doesn't even bother to tell us about the good things that are happening in Iraq (search for thread title "Good things that are happening in Iraq").

This brings us to one final question, why does the government want to keep "a dumb America?" Simple, New World Order.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Sounds like to me you want to be a teenager again.lol

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mardan

Welcome to ATS. It seems that you have a good start in understanding the wealth of material presented and discussed here.

One thing to keep in mind; it is not just "the government." The government itself is only a tool that has been taken away from the common people, and handed over to the elite and the powerful so that the people can be exploited.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mardan

His post just reminded me. I recommend check out this thread:

Illegitimate Federal Government and the Rule of Martial Law in the United States

It is a great read, and will open probably answer a lot of your questions. By the way, Welcome to ATS!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mardan
The government wants "a dumb America."
This brings us to one final question, why does the government want to keep "a dumb America?" Simple, New World Order.

You very well could be right that the elite want a dumb America, but
Americans seem to be getting dumber on their own without any PTB involvement.

top topics

join