It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blame America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
There really is no one else to blame for the down fall of the economy.
America did help the economy reach new heights and
personally I would like to see America in good shape, but it but also helped the economy hit hit rock bottom lows.

When America is doing good the world economy is doing good.
When America is doing bad, the world economy is doing bad.

You cant blame canada for the downfall of the us dollar or for the effects of the war in iraq, or the mortgage scam costing billions. I could go on.

Agree?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Yes and it's interesting how Canada's dollar is stronger than the U.S. dollar now.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by MissInformation]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
In the interests of international co-operation, we really need to blame someone who we can push around and can't fight back. That way we can avoid pissing off countries that have guns and stuff.

Possible candidates are: Latvia, Chad, Suriname, Vatican City and the states of West Virginia and North Dakota if we need a domestic scapegoat. Yeah! C'mon Chad, bring it on! I'm sure we can get the Bush administration to find "intel" that Chad, in collusion with the Latvian extremists, is planning to take on the US Sixth Fleet with reverse engineered alien death rays and anti-gravity powered fighters.

How do we know? They hate barbecues, country music and football and they killed Elvis because they hate freedom.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

If this is a reply to the Blame Canada thread started half an hour before yours (And I suspect it is a reply), the OP of the other thread was not blaming Canada for America's economic woes, he was just saying we are just as f-ed as America

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Right you are Ben. If there is any country to not blame, it would be Canada. A billion bucks worth of trade per day flows across the longest undefended border in the world. 80 percent of the US petroleum imports come from Canada. Ya, sure we have fights because our cows are mad sometimes, and we have good wood so it's expensive, and our wheat is second to none, and we are practically drowning in all this fresh water but the lefties won't let us sell it to you, but if there are any two countries on this planet that can call themselves good friends, its the USA and Canada.

top topics

join