It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

possible bigfoot recording

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
So I turn to the members of ATS for help in the identification of this animal or animals. I first heard this particular sound two winters ago. A week ago I went out to my truck at 230 am and literally had the s*** scared out of me by this animal and the sounds it was making. I literally ran back into the house and found my digital recorder and came back outside and managed to get this thing on audio. It sounds like there maybe more then one of them. In all the time Ive lived here 8 years I've heard this twice. I talked to some people who are avid outdoorsmen and they had no clue what it could be.

www.supload.com...

[edit on 26-6-2008 by w810i]

mod edit: to change title....author request

[edit on 6/29/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by w810i

You can use a hosting site such as supload
pretty simple just upload it and copy paste the url.
www.supload.com...

[edit on 26-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
That sounds like a tree frog. Do you live near water?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
bout 10 miles away from water. if thats a frog its gotta be huge.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by w810i]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
You would be suprised at how loud one of those little frogs are.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I don't know though. The last time I heard this particular sound was two winters ago when it was like 20 degree's out.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
K I heard a variety of sounds.

First the first sound in the video a loud low yell sounds like a deer

Then a gurgling type sound not the backround sounds

Then a low growl or humming.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I spent sometime listening to your recording.That churping or peeping could account for a bird.Whats interesting is that blatting sound.That one guy mentioned a deer.But to me this sounds awefully far away and not like a deer i heard.Where you live anyways?1.You need to figure out what kind of wildlife you have in the region and go from there.2.You said its cold out also like winter,was this at night or day?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
ok to answer your questions.

The chirping sound is a bat. That I know of. This was recorded at like 230 am when I went out to get my laptop. I've lived here for over 8 years and I've heard this one other time during the winter 2 years ago. I'm well aware of what a deer sounds like and this is not a deer. I went so far as to take this to work with me and let some avid hunters listen to it and they had no clue what it is. You can hear the weird scream 3 times in the recording each time it's further away then the last time. I live in kalispell montana. From what I know we have deer,elk,mountain lions,coyotes,bears and some foxes in my particular area. When I said it was cold out that was the last time I heard this thing two years ago when I recorded this last week it was in the 60's out.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
i did hear the chirping, and the gargling noise even though it was faint and also that honking noise at the start.... it does sound like a frog or maybe a bird but im no animal call expert. do u have a video camera at all?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Ive got a video camera but I would have no clue were to put it at since behind my house is a huge mountain.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
You sure that was a bat?To my knowledge back cant stand temps under 40*.The bats or bat would be dead from freezing.I hunt coyote and have a coyote howler and thats not a coyote.Bears?Nope...frogs in 20 degree weather?Nope.you got me bro what it is.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The chirping sound is a bat this was recorded when it was in the 60's the other night. However last time I heard this thing was winter two years ago. Alienstar do you know what sound I'm asking about?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The blatting sound correct?the one that sounds like a deer?Yeah i know the sound your talking about.It sounds like someone killing a goat or yowl type sound.Its not a deer this i know.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
see to me I don't hear a bleeting sound. I hear a some sort of weird screaming almost. I'll cut the track down to just that sound. With this recorder there was a lot of background noise in there from walking around outside.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I loaded it in my ipod and heard it again.Its like a "wok" sound and it echos many times when the sound is called.Elk make like whistling bellows like ehhhhhhshurrrrrrrp.Its not a sound i ever heard.Is there any bigfoot people on this board???

[edit on 28-6-2008 by alienstar]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Just some proof if people want to think its a elk when its not.

Alarm, Distress Calls

Elk use a sharp, loud Alarm Bark to warn other elk of possible danger: UHH.

Listen to a Bark.

An elk using this call may be alarmed because it cannot identify the source of a disturbance. Some elk may try to discover what the disturbance is by looking for it with their chin up and their head in a horizontal position. Once the disturbance is discovered, and thought to be dangerous, the animal may issue a final Alarm Bark and flee. Cows and calves may perform a long, drawn out Distress Mew when injured or trapped: MEEUUUW.

Agonistic Calls

These calls are termed "agonistic" because the animal is agonizing over the fact that another animal is too close, or because it is bothered by the presence of another elk. Both cows and bulls may produce a Hissing sound: ssss and use Tooth-Grinding as they approach an opponent. I've heard bulls perform a sound like a squeegee on wet glass (or a rubber tennis shoe on a wet tile floor) when they get close to a smaller bull: squeek ... squeek, to get them to move; I suspect this is a form of Tooth-Grinding. Bulls often use a Dominance Grunt when they want another bull to move; ugh. Bulls may also use a Loud Inhale/Exhale when they herd cows. When bulls spar or fight they often perform a drawn out mew that sounds like the Submissive Cow Mew mentioned below.

Bulls may perform one to four loud exhales referred to as a Cough when they want another elk to move, or after they have chased a cow. If the animal that the Cough is directed at does not move, the bull may show and grind its teeth, and bite or kick the other animal. Bulls may also use a low rumbling Gurgle when threatening another bull; rrrr, that cannot be heard farther than about forty yards. This call may also sound like the bull is blowing air through pinched nostrils, which it may actually doing, although I am not sure, yet. If the bull that the Gurgle is directed at does not move it may be attacked with the bulls antlers.

Cow elk trying to avoid a herding bull often use along drawn out, or series of short, Submissive Cow Mews; meeuw ... or mew-mew-mew-mew. Subordinate bulls use a lower pitched Submissive Bull Mew when avoiding dominant bulls. Cow elk use the loud Fighting Squeal during dominance fights: ME-EE-EE-EE-EE-UUW.

More

Source

Mod Edit: Please use [ex] tags when posting material from another site.

[edit on 28-6-2008 by Gemwolf]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by w810i
Ive got a video camera but I would have no clue were to put it at since behind my house is a huge mountain.

ahk fair enough well it sounds like your used to late nights (gettin your laptop from your car at 2:30am) so maybe every couple of nights sit out for 15 mins or so with a video cam and torch (and possibly a gun
) ready to go incase you hear or see something. but this is only if u are really worried.
alienstar - i thought bigfoot too and reading that mountains were behind him made me think it even more, i strongly believe in bigfoot but dont know a stack about it, but i DO believe it can easily handle those temperatures and i do know they ARE nocturnal creatures.
w810i - you may have a dam good find here! but if it hasn't attacked you in the years you didn't see it, then there's not much to worry about.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:06 AM
link   
this w810i I'm logged in on my phone. I'm not worried about being attacked or anything I'm just curious about what it could be. I've lived around this area my entire life so I've heard pretty much most everything out there except this thing.
The other night when I first heard it, it was three times as loud as what I recorded. Almost as if it was right behind the house. What organization could I send this file too who might be able tell if its similar to a bigfoot? Also would it help you guys if I isolated the three calls since there are a lot of other background noise in there?

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:44 AM
link   
alienstar - just found this:

www.vimeo.com...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join