It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mercedes to Cut Petroleum Out of Lineup by 2015

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

In less than 7 years, Mercedes-Benz plans to ditch petroleum-powered vehicles from its lineup. Focusing on electric, fuel cell, and biofuels, the company is revving up research in alternative fuel sources and efficiency.

Anyway, Mercedes is looking into electric vehicles, both battery powered and fuel cell powered. Not only are models in development, but we’ve also seen the company making steps towards their zero petroleum goal right now, from better cabs in London to Li-Ion battery improvements. The company also has about 100 Smart electric cars undergoing testing in London, with that favorite 2010 year as the projected market release date. Mercedes is making serious investments, already putting nearly $4 million into the pot of their long-term Sustainable Mobility plan, with another nearly $1.4 billion going in before 2014.

This is great! Usually cars that are fuel free are the ugly ones. I would love to get a fuel free car that actually looks good. I hope other automakers follow suit.

Article

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
If this pans out it will be huge. Mercedes is a standard setter in the auto industry and has the potential to get almost everyone to get in line. I'm very curious as to what their engine lineup will be...

new topics

join