It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Psychic's Being Held Prisoner Based On Politically Skewed Views?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Another interesting question I have in thinking about things in day to day life. I have worked within two different psyche facilities, one was in the inprocessing and the second was where the inprocessed "Psychiatric Patients" were sent to. Now, I am a huge skeptic of psychic's to begin with to some extent as I was raised and taught from an early age that all things regarding psychic's, Oiuja Boards, etc was "of the Devil" and that I should avoid these types of things as I being a Christian raised child, teen, and now adult this is messing with fire.

While I remain skeptical of psychic's and being labeled as one as well, I do have a friend who claims to be in fact a psychic. I have known her for thirteen years, and in fact she has claimed I have extremely strong psychic abilities.

I posted something on the Paranormal Forum area along the same view of some experiences.

Mental Imagery From Words Or Images

I have been talking to the friend I mentioned for thirteen years, and from the beginning I was very skeptical and even still am to this day, but having worked in two psyche facilities Ihave seen a thing or two while dealing with these patients.

Uh ohWhat I noticed was that a lot of these people having been on drugs, alcohol, or having "issues" from something in their life, that they see, hear, or experience things a lot differently than most people.

Now, that's not strange, in fact it is expected, by most sane people who consider a 9 to 5 job the right thing to do, and to be a slave to the Rat Race.

I know a thing about psychic's after having known this friend for thirteen years now, we have basically talked, argued, and politicized every topic under the Sun, and there are times when I am sure she wanted to choke the crap out of Me, as well as there have been times when I wanted to pull My hair out because of our differing beliefs and systems of value, ethics, and moral as well as politically differing view points.

I've come to understand that all psychic's are not equal and neither are they all knowing nor are all of them trained. Some are more powerful than others, some know some things but not others, and some just do not know what it is they are seeing.

What I am hypothesizing here philosophically as well as metaphorically, is that for the people who may not know they are in fact psychic to begin with, they are in essence untrained in the arts of knowing what it is in fact that they see, hear, and or etherically experience.

Therefore this being said, because of a lack of training, as well as a difference in political beliefs with family members, co-workers, and loved ones, as well as psychological issues arising from childhood, teenage years, or relationship issues, whatever the case may be, they may be seeing things or hearing things, like for instance voices, and do not know what it is they are in fact experiencing at all.

So, what if instead of needing a handful of pills and a condescending attitude of a Nurse and or psychiatrist, they in fact need a psychic to help them sort their head out as well as teach them the training they never received to begin with and in essence because of this and their reactions to not knowing what they are experiencing, they lash out instead at their surrounding world, abusing their friends, drink too much, or go to get high instead of seeking out the things they can get for betterment in life? One long question, yes I know.

I am in no way stating I am perfect nor am I stating I am a psychic, that was what a friend has claimed I am, and neither am I stating I know all things psychiatric, because I do not, and have no deisre to. Hell, these people going into the psyche-wards might just need a warm and fuzzy padded room with medication that makes them mentally inadequate in the lack of ability to comprehend medications. Who the Hell knows? I sure don't.

I am instead posing this as a question of mere philosophy and metaphorically basing an idea and placing it here just as the proverbial "what if" as it could be wrong or it could be wrong.

We just might never know.

[edit on 26-6-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I talked to the friend, the one who is said to be a psychic shortly after posting this philosophical and metaphorical question, and she was happy that I did it. I mentioned to her I did it in essence as a tribute to her, and that if I had never met her I wouldn't know some of the things I know.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I think it happens very often that people who have possible "talents" or think "different" than others are overmedicated and locked away.

I don't know if psychics are treated this way, but it could happen.

Remote viewers seem to be of special interest to military operations, I hear, especially in Russia.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
I think it happens very often that people who have possible "talents" or think "different" than others are overmedicated and locked away.

I don't know if psychics are treated this way, but it could happen.

Remote viewers seem to be of special interest to military operations, I hear, especially in Russia.

Well, it is a question I am curious about. Yes, I've heard the military is always interested in Remote Viewing, I've explored that some as well in some books I've read on the topic as well as this is another area the psychic I know believes I've been doing My whole life.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
All I can say. If a person is born "talented" in a family, and that family is not open to such talents, then there is no field for those talents to grow throughout a person's life.

It gets shoved into the subconscious and it takes a whole lot of emotional work to integrate those talents back into the conscious self.

OR the are really powerful or spirit has plans for ya, the talents take over a part of the mind, creating a shadow persona.

It is my belief the talented people have break in consciousness, ie the talents surfacing, if they don't have support through friends or family or a very powerful core of faith in themselves and the universe, they go crazy.

You end up creating your own "universe." Some people never come back. Some by choice, some because once they were labeled whatever, bi-polar or schizo, that became their core belief.

Others, those that are medicated as Interested Always said, were never given the chance to find a balance within themselves, because their brain chemistry has been permanetly changed due to the pharmacueticals.

The people who make it through this rite of passage find an inner independence few could understand and a connection to all that is that goes to the core of one's being.

It's been my experience, the real hard core psychics keep it to themselves. Who knows what they're up to?

[edit on 7-12-2009 by wylee]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The governments use people they find that are like that, and always will.

If you believe they exist thats upto you, but you cannot explain some very weird goings on, lol.

The people at the top of society are in fact psychic otherwise they would not be there, especially if they have made a billion dollar business or something. This is why they get into there secret societies etc....

But your right about people being persecuted, for no reason at all, other than they are being who they are and not doing anything to anyone.

But be careful what you wish for, is something we all should be careful of.

[edit on 12/7/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by wylee
All I can say. If a person is born "talented" in a family, and that family is not open to such tealents, then there is no field for those talents to grow throughout a person's life.

wylee, thanks for your post.

I can see how I lived my life and how it has changed over the past three decades.

I would class what I went through as a subjugation to Christian ideals, when I saw through the veil of lies within the teachings of religious propaganda, not that I discount religion completely, but a control mechanism is all I see, with the defined parameters of religion, but I am not wholly embracing being a "psychic" either.

It gets shoved into the subconscious and it takes a whole lot of emotional work to integrate thos talents back into the conscious self.

OR the are really powerful or spirit has plans for ya, the talents take over a part of the mind, creating a shadow persona.

What do you mean by shadow persona?

I've never heard that term.

I still have a lot of religion based knowledge, so do you mean Angels and Demons?

It is my belief the talented people have break in consciousness, ie the talents surfacing, if they don't have support through friends or family or a very powerful core of faith in themselves and the universe, they go crazy.

I can see how this makes a Beltway Sniper, Charles Manson, or Theodore Kaczynski.

You end up creating your own "universe." Some people never come back. Some by choice, some because ocne they were labeled whatever, bi-polar or schizo, that became their core belief.

Well, I can only speak for myself, and I assure you, I am grounded in reality.

I live on Earth, in the Milky Way galaxy, but I Remote View elsewhere, and come back.

My knowledge however lets me use my mind, and my powerful imagination to defeat anyone or anything opposing me, but still it is grounded in reality, everything I do is grounded.

Others, those that are medicated as Interested Always said, were never given the chance to mind a balance within themselves, because their brain chemistry has been permanetly changed due to the pharmacueticals.

This was why I wrote this thread, both your answer and interestedalways, see it.

I believe this is where a lack of guidance, a lack of knowledge, and a lack of trying due to the previous all lead to a causation of an imbalance, I had to find my own balance.

The people who make it through this rite of passage find an inner independence few could understand and a connection to all that is that goes to the core of one's being.

I am there now, having found my Yin to my Yang, so to speak.

A well-balanced individual, both dependence upon society, but with independence through my ability to disengage and act as my own solo persona.

I seek solitude often because leadership is a fickle mistress.

It's been my experience, the real hard core psychics keep it to themselves. Who knows what they're up to?

Well, I feel it necessary to share my thoughts, which while I agree with your point, hard core psychics may keep it to themselves, I find it more important to share due to my findings, because the world needs a balance, and very few fight the battles I do.

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
The governments use people they find that are like that, and always will.

Duly noted, this to me is why people are told that psychic's cannot tell their own future.

This is a bold-faced lie if I ever heard one, because it is a control mechanism, meant to keep psychic's from gaining independence, and as well to keep them complacent, compliant, and in check so that they do not get more ambitious than those who wish to subjugate them into servitude.

If you believe they exist thats upto you, but you cannot explain some very weird goings on, lol.

Agreed.

The people at the top of society are in fact psychic otherwise they would not be there, especially if they have made a billion dollar business or something. This is why they get into there secret societies etc....

Harry Houdini found out a lot, and I believe he was murdered, the appendicitis was a ruse, to cover his murder for getting too close to the truth.

The Secret Life of Houdini: The Making of America's First Superhero

Amazon Review :

"Kalush and Sloman appear to have raked through every known Houdini archive to produce the most comprehensive and controversial biography ever written about the man, with its contention that he was a spy who may have been murdered by a cult."

The cult of spiritualist's.

SKL's Amazon Review :

Harry Houdini : The Man, The Myth, The Spy, The Secret Service Agent A lot of people love reading about Harry Houdini the magician, the Handcuff King the escape artist but did you know that he was a spy & a Secret Service agent?

I can prove it with one book & a few well versed words here.

The book I am talking about is one I am just over half way through & it is entitled "The Secret Life of Houdini : The Making of a Superhero."

This book is awesome & I encourage everyone to read it and enjoy the story of Harry Houdini from beginning to end. It tells about the man, the myth, the spy, the Secret Service agent who was a performer who made the world love him & his shows & continually conquered his every demon, including his own self loathing while continually re-creating himself for the world at large.

Yes this book still fits into this world of the wide web that is the internet. The book is all about how all of Harry Houdini's having been a major instigator in World War I in the propaganda & success of America while Harry Houdini, or some may know him better as Ehrich Weiss, a Jewish man who changed his identity to fit better into the world and to better sell himself to the world as an entertainer at large for War World I in the rise of Germany the first time it came to power.

The fact that the book is from archival data and letters both from & to Harry Houdini is what makes this book so intriguing. Please feel free to enjoy the book & I would love to hear anyone else's opinion & thoughts on this subject. A lot of people do not know that the Secret Service was a spy agency at one time and was connected to the spy world like the C.I.A., N.S.A., D.I.A. & the rest of the alphabet Intelligent Agencies.

Harry Houdini taught our American Dough Boys how to escape from handcuffs, being tied in ropes, & how to escape from torpedoed ships by being on stage in an ampitheater & having actually being a teacher of the American military.

As well as with cross-referencing this book and many others I believe I am right.

The Secret Service: The Hidden History of an Engimatic Agency

Amazon Review :

This new edition of the definitive history of the Secret Service lays bare the 2004 Bush campaign’s political uses of the agency and the new challenges it faces as a branch of the Homeland Security Department, in a post-9/11 world.

Acclaimed scholar of political violence and governmental secrecy Philip Melanson explores the long-hidden workings of the Secret Service since its inception in 1865 and through rigorous research and extensive interviews with former White House staffers and retired agents, uncovers startling facts about the Agency’s role in such traumatic national events as the assassination of JFK and the shooting of President Reagan.

Included, too, are revelations about presidential demands on the agency; the problems of alcoholism, divorce, and burnout among agents; and the Service’s inexplicable failure to develop profiles of potential assassins.

Up-to-date and explosive, this book assails the public image of the Secret Service as a highly professional apolitical organization, exposing the often-detrimental influence that politics exerts on the Agency.

In that book alone I found out the Secret Service once operated its own Intelligence aparatus, around the time of Houdini's life, cross-referenced with the book about him, the story of his life unfolds with so much more than him just being the enigmatic Handcuff King.

But your right about people being persecuted, for no reason at all, other than they are being who they are and not doing anything to anyone.

Agreed.

But be careful what you wish for, is something we all should be careful of.

[edit on 12/7/2009 by andy1033]

Yes, this I agree with as well.

Matrix Is A System

posted on Dec, 7 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Thank you King Leonidas. I'm going to go back and fix my typo's. I appreciate you seeing past that.

The Shadow is just the aspects of oneself that have not been brought to the light of the concious mind. I think it is an aspect first brought up in Jungian psychology. From wiki.

"In Jungian psychology, the shadow or "shadow aspect" is a part of the unconscious mind consisting of repressed weaknesses, shortcomings, and instincts. It is one of the three most recognizable archetypes, the others being the anima and animus and the persona."

It is the repressed instincts that these "talented" people that can play havoc with their lives, demanding attention, causing a psychological crash of the system.

But where do these instincts come from?

You speak of remote viewing. It is a fancinating subject, entanglement.

And to the point about psychics not being able to see their own future? Hah, that's what it's for. That and the Cassandra complex are just bs to keep you unempowered, unbelieving in youself and your own creative abilities.

These are abilties that have a survival function or they would not have been passed from generation from generation. Some biopsychologist believe that we are constantly predicting the future because we never "see" in real time. We have a time gap between the light hitting the retina, processed and shown in one's consciousness.

So people may be better a "seeing" the patterns in the present and how that will affect the future.

Have you ever checked out The Field By Lynn McTaggert. It's probably old info for you but still a good listen.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Thank you King Leonidas. I'm going to go back and fix my typo's. I appreciate you seeing past that.

No problem.

The Shadow is just the aspects of oneself that have not been brought to the light of the concious mind. I think it is an aspect first brought up in Jungian psychology. From wiki.

"In Jungian psychology, the shadow or "shadow aspect" is a part of the unconscious mind consisting of repressed weaknesses, shortcomings, and instincts. It is one of the three most recognizable archetypes, the others being the anima and animus and the persona."

It is the repressed instincts that these "talented" people that can play havoc with their lives, demanding attention, causing a psychological crash of the system.

Okay, I think I see what you're saying here.

But where do these instincts come from?

You speak of remote viewing. It is a fancinating subject, entanglement.

And to the point about psychics not being able to see their own future? Hah, that's what it's for. That and the Cassandra complex are just bs to keep you unempowered, unbelieving in youself and your own creative abilities.

Entanglement?

Cassandra complex?

I'm unfamiliar with those although I know what getting entangled means, not in regards to Remote Viewing.

Never heard of a Cassandra complex, I just know a "self-proclaimed psychic" who tried the "psychics cannot tell their own future" baloney on me, and I had read about that a long time ago, and I told her, "You know that's the lie they tell psychic's to keep them in check, so that they cannot get ambitious" without directly stating she had lied to me, I called her on the lie.

These are abilties that have a survival function or they would not have been passed from generation from generation. Some biopsychologist believe that we are constantly predicting the future because we never "see" in real time. We have a time gap between the light hitting the retina, processed and shown in one's consciousness.

I have heard this before as well as I am an avid reader, constantly researching.

I have a thirst for knowledge that has been as yet, unquenchable.

Constantly researching, past, present, future.

My friend, the one who I told you who stated the lie controllers tell psychic's, told me about ten years ago, that I was Leonidas in a past life, because since a boy of six I have focused on Thermopylae, the Spartan's, and Leonidas.

So people may be better a "seeing" the patterns in the present and how that will affect the future.

Have you ever checked out The Field By Lynn McTaggert. It's probably old info for you but still a good listen.

I see everything in patterns, always catching the missing pieces, solving things like J.F.K., the O.K. City Bombing, and September 11th.

We are not being told the truth, I am seeing it firsthand, a vast majority is lies.

[edit on 8-12-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
S & F'd

I agree with what you have posted.

If they ever decide to come for me, I kinda hope they do. Ive never had a valid immediate self defense clause for combining psi with martial arts for combat would be interesting.

Its fifty fity with me on seeing my own future. My problem is I ignore it sometimes

its been expensive when I have.

btw- good movie
get the DVD if you can
has more features on subject of CRV

www.movies-links.tv...

www.movshare.net...

I hate to sound like a newbie but this is the first time I heard the houdini thing

You rarely to never toss out false leads

will you start a thread with your research on houdini.

I have feeling it has something I need and want to read it

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

Thank you.

I did start a Houdini thread and it really never went far.

Three years ago I was still finding my niche for ATS.

Harry Houdini : The Man, The Myth, The Spy, The Secret Service Agent

To me, Houdini was one of the first and ultimate, conspiracy theorist's.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

First, let me point you in the direction of Ingo Swann. What he has to say about "psi" abilities is, in my opinion, the only material worth reading. I am a believer that there is no "supernatural", only science that we have yet to discover. "Psi" is just such a thing. Swann explains it, however, extremely well. And the way he tackles the way the mind works in general will leave you with a good understanding of the mental processes of the most power computer in the world: the human bio-mind. Look up his website via Google. Remember, his story is almost unbelievable at times. But he is highly respected, a friend of Hal Puthoff (a VERY respected scientist that keeps popping up in all sorts of interesting places, such as the CIA "Psi" experiments, as well as recent forays into anti-grav research).

Having said all that....(whew)....i used to work in a psych hospital. I worked the admission unit of an acute care facility in West Texas. Large hospital covering several acres and 10 or so buildings for patient use. I was there for 5 years before administration started really turning me off.

I have seen everything you describe. in some cases i think it is more a malfunction in the brain. An inability to process information correctly. Sometimes it is "organic" in nature (i.e., caused by external forces such as trauma), sometimes it is just malfunctioning in the brain. Using the Swann analogy, i would say it represents malfunctioning transducers, not allowing effective translation of information before processing in various centers of the mind.

There were a few exceptions. Some of the Branch Davidians were, um...different. One guy was the actual owner of Mt. Carmel and the complex, but some strangenss caused him to lose it to Koresh. His story is particularly interesting, but i will abstain until i can find some sources to cite.

A few others behaved as if they had some kind of mind control or something used on them. They described similar but strange experiences. There were a few strange, nonsensical words i heard fomr more than 1 person, in our hospital at different times.

Something went on there. I don't know what, but Waco is not explained by any of the theories/stories i have heard thus far. This would be the best example i could provide supporting your OP.

new topics

top topics

join