It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress passes new Iraq war funds approval

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Congress passes new Iraq war funds approval

www.reuters.com

he U.S. Senate on Thursday approved $161.8 billion in new funds to continue fighting the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan for the next year, without timetables for withdrawing combat troops.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
$161 billion could bring so much to the table stateside. I just don't understand how can people in Congress pass that much money and can't fund public schools or veteran benefits.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

It is sad really, it all comes down to making money. If there was an opportunity to make money funding public schools and giving veterans better benefits they would all be jumping at the chance. Government for the people and by the people died a while ago. All government is now is a massive members only club for businessmen/women to socialize and talk business.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:22 PM
link   
What's the deal?..., I remember all the posturing and grandstanding about a fixed withdrawal table..., now they don't even pursue it anymore.

I guess 100 years might be a realistic estimate.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

I was looking for a reason not to vote for anyone and this article confirms I am making the right decision. Any chance we can just vote-out any politican who supported this bill? I was under the impression that somewhere around 70% of the population does not support the war.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
More of our tax-dollars going into the war-profiteering machine. $162 Billion for overseas occupations, and less than 3 billion to help our own crumbling infrastructure and domestic catastrophes. And more absolute IGNORING of the national populace who are tired of this and want our troops to come home. Awesome set of priorities there CONgress...

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Add to that this from only two days ago;
Health plan cuts
And you got a nice combo deal to further any sidelines you may have running on top of what you got going on.

Get your own killed abroad, oh and while you're at it, let your own die slowly and painfully at home too...that'll bump the profits up quite nicely i think.

top topics

join