It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waterfalls Cascade in New York!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Energy efficient and beautiful, Olafur Eliasson, the Danish/Icelandic artist, has brought another level of wondrous beauty to the concrete jungle of New York. This description made me want to get out there badly.

Sometimes Mr. Eliasson’s falls are almost miragelike, especially after dark, when unobtrusive lighting makes them shimmer white against the muffled cityscape. It is at night that you have the greatest chance of hearing them from a distance, otherwise the rush of water is drowned out by the city. But their quiet heightens their strangeness, day or night. It is as if they were in their own movie, a silent one.

www.nytimes.com...

There are four of them and they are massive! Check out the link and pics. Pretty crazy stuff!

replaced 'qoute' tags with 'ex' tags

Please read Posting work written by others

[edit on 14/7/08 by masqua]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Don't believe it! Its trickery. The waterfalls are beacons for the UFOs put in place by the New World Order.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I was always in the opinion that New York needed a bit more green and blue to go with the buildings, so these waterfalls are quite beautiful. And if it creates some energy while it's at it, the better

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Do you know how long it is going to remain in those spots? Are any other states involved with this project? Waterfalls are good. Anywhere.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I wonder if the waterfalls that are situated under the Brooklyn Bridge can also act as a gigantic filter to help clean the water?

If not they should add that feature as soon as possible. Hopefully no bodies will be sucked in

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Those waterfalls are cool if they utilize different colors, filter the corpses from the water, and provides electricity for the bridge.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
But if you consider the fish and marine life that may be getting caught in the mechanisms, that art piece is a catastrophe!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
If they truly wanted to go big, they should have brought it to the level where it is taller than the bridge so that the people on the bridge can view the spectacle.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
And then in the winter they need to freeze the waterfall so that it becomes a snowboarding hill so that them New Yorkers can do some snowboarding during their freezing winters!

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
hey astro where do you come up with these stories? I have not heard anything about it in the web... perhaps it is the greatest story ever told?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure you should win a Pulitzer prize for this epic piece you wrote. Very cool indeed. WAit... you did not write the article! Then... um... nice find.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
That waterfall remind me of a flow...

Waterfall flows like liquid / so simplistic it's ridic / culous superflous where the water superflows.

What do you think?

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Ok that was a bad flow let me know how to relate this topic to water flow because I know for sho that the words you write inspire the right but not enough people view it as tight...

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
They look stupid, they should have just got a few firetrucks and extended the ladders and ran a hose up it to shoot water.

Scaffolding and jets of water, a waterfall doesn't make!.

They could always open a bunch of fire hydrants and let New Yorkers kayak down Park Avenue.

top topics

join