It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARS Soil CAN Support LIFE!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I just got into work and saw this article. I have never felt so connected to the history of Mars and it's celestial connection to our own Earth.

Kounaves said in a conference call with the media that, though the findings are preliminary, they've found the minerals that are essential to life in the Martian soil. The dirt there is very alkaline, with a pH level of between eight and nine. They've also found magnesium, sodium, potassium and chloride. They're still waiting on analysis regarding evidence of sulfate in the soil.

The minerals in the Martian soil, according to Kounaves, are typical of soils here on Earth. "Some kinds of Earth life would be happy to live in these soils," he added. "Asparagus, green beans and turnips love alkaline soils."

www.computerworld.com...

Our earth and all the planets and stars and everything in the reaches of space are so... utterly fascinating and inspiring. I hope this article invokes smiles and makes your mind wander off into the uncharted realms of space!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
But we knew this all along didn't we

Who is drinking the water is the question

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Another thing to mention is that, in parts of Mars, the atmosphere is not as diminished as in other regions, so who's to really say what is possible on that planet. I am thinking that it either got deserted or they are all under the surface!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
2 week old discussion going on here:

Mars soil on ATS

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

oh OK thank you much!

I will head to that thread and give it a read-through!

top topics

join