It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New, Undercover Video of Mistreated Cows Released

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I guess you know that farm raised fish aren't exactly treated well either. There are many stories of health hazards for farm raised and fresh water fish. Not that I think fish are the same, but it does make me wonder with stories of toxins that can kill seas lions. I've been taking fish oil capsules and that's a lot of different fish being processed.

Imagine what it feels like for the people who have to work in these fields. What else do they have a stomach now for?

I tried being a vegetarian and I thought I was gonna die I got so sick. Not that I was very healthy before that.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Listen people, be grossed out or pissed off all you want. If you don't like the treatment of animals, don't eat them. Don't use any products that come from animals either.

I like meat, and I really don't care if the cow or steer it comes from was raised in a pen. You know why........ Cows are some of the dumbest animals on earth, chickens are possibly dumber yet. Pigs are dumb, sheep are dumb.

Dumb, and really tasty. Animals have no rights. You feed them, you kill them, and you eat them. Or you can miss out completely and just eat your veggies.

I don't believe in torturing animals, and I mostly eat meat that came from a wild animal that I personally gunned down in the woods. I always go for a clean one shot kill, and honestly I haven't ever wounded an animal that didn't die within 3 minutes of the first time it was shot.

You can scream and yell all you want about animals being "mistreated" at the slaughterhouse, or whatever. I will continue to support the evil meat packing industry, because I love beef, chicken, pork, and other*......

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Yeah. What I think is disgusting is the fact that someone shot this on video for some sick reason or just to make someone else look bad. Obvious when you deal with large amounts of animals you are going to have trouble with some and they have to be euthanized. This is done within minutes in front of everyone at horse races when one of the horses badly injures a leg, but no one thinks wrongly about that.

It appears that the people where a little carried away, but it didn't look too awful. Now if the livestock farmer/actioneer had people doing this to the ones that didn't sell and he was eliminating cost losses than that would be a whole different story.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by MrMysticism]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
reply to post by Roper

I do not work on a cattle farm that is a fact. Still I have been around animals, including cows so I know they are big and admittedly hard to handle.

Not doing the work I can not say how else to move a cow but I can say with a good amount of certainty that kicking it in the head is not the only option available.

Dear Animal, do cattle have a reverse?

Roper

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Originally posted by burdman30ott6
[No, we wouldn't... but then again we're something called "humans" and we have a far more complex system of emotions and sense of pain and mistreatment than a cow does.]

Even if that is true i still don't believe that that makes it ok to treat animals like that. We may or may not have a more complex system of emotions and pain, that however does not mean that animals don't feel any emotions or pain. It doesn't say much for us as a humans if we are supposed to be so much above the animals and yet we treat them in such a manner. Humans are supposed to have compassion and be able to reason, it's part of what is supposed to make us so much more advanced than animals. I'm sorry but i don't see any compassion, or reasoning being used by people that kick animals in the head and push them around with a fork lift. They should use their so called greater minds and reason to come up with a better way to handle them.

[The kick to the head did nothing. Have you ever seen an agitated bull before? ]

Yes i have and they can be quite dangerous to anything in thier way. I have seen a lot of agitated animals. These people chose the profession that they are in, and i just think that they can come up with a better way to treat these animals. And you can't compare a truck with a cow, one is a machine, the other is a living being.

[ We're not talking cute cuddly kittens or fuzzy puppies here, dude. We're talking about something that can reach over a ton (if it's a good sized bull) of snot, muscle, and blind stupidity and who, if angry and unafraid, can harness an awe inspiring level of destructive power.]

I understand all of that perfectly fine, but it still doesn't make it right to mistreat them. They are living beings and should be treated humanely.

[If you don't believe me and you still think a kick to the head does jack squat to them, then do a web search for "Bodacious", "Tuff Hedeman", and "facial injuried" Also replace Hedeman with "West" to see the same result. Look up "Promise Land" while you're at it. You can't hurt a cow's head with a boot, dude.]

I don't ned to do a web search, i know who Bodacious is. I also know what happened during that ride, his face was tore up really bad. I'm not trying to make light of the situation, so please don't take my statement the wrong way. Bulls were not meant to be ridden and they don't take very kindly to it, they fight like heck to get you off their back, as i'm sure you would if someone tried to climb on your back and ride you. Bull riders know full well the danger they face when they choose that profession, it's a risk they are willing to take for the amount of money they can win. The two situations are totally different and you can't compare the two.

Oh BTW i'm not a "dude", i'm a "dudette".

edited to fix quotation error.

[edit on 28/6/08 by chise61]

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
This is what I've been trying to tell people on this site for a while now.

They always insist that meat tastes great! But they don't realize what goes into this process almost daily.

When you can slaughter and murder your own animals then go for it.

I know of a hoard of videos with this type of animal treatment, but I've yet to post it on this site, I'm not even sure if it'd be allowed. It is extremely graphic, inhumane and cruel. In my opinion anyone that chooses to slaughter an animal rather than love it (besides those that are wild and untamed) is heartless.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Roper

may i suggest one uses a Cow Sling to lift the cow,most larger farms i know of use these for downed cows and one person is not expected to lift a cow.

downed animals should be immediately euthanized,not kicked in the head or rolled over with a forklift.

for a large facility like this not to have proper means of lifting animals is a disgrace , even most small farmers i have known hoist the cow in the air with the loaders and a home made cow sling which was padded.

no excuse .even for a cheap farmer...

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Roper what do you mean by brain trust types ? Can i just assume you might mean a VET.. maybe they could have advised on downed cows and how to move in a humane manner.. maybe i am mistaken.

I dont eat meat as i was brought up on a farm with lambs.. but for people whom do eat meat, they should be assured of treatment of the animals as well. Those cows were in pain, baying when hit, spent so lay down..and had the most awful people around them.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladysharrowandherbarrow
Roper

may i suggest one uses a Cow Sling to lift the cow,most larger farms i know of use these for downed cows and one person is not expected to lift a cow.

downed animals should be immediately euthanized,not kicked in the head or rolled over with a forklift

I have used a sling and the sling killed the cow. I have used the sling and the cow freaked and did more damage.

When I have an animal go down I try some type a therapy and in 2 or 3 days of no response I put it out of it's misery.

As I wrote in the first page I didn't like see them using a forklift on the cow, so get off my back.

Livestock are not Beings, they are Dumb Brutes. Have any of you ever seen a cow out in the pasture walking and stop and back up? No you haven't cattle and all animals travel froward. Livestock must be trained to backup, even your dog must be trained for it.

In other words. IT AIN'T NATURAL FOR THEM! When cattle try to backup they turn their whole body around, heads gotta' go first.

What the guy should have done with the cow that was trapped between the gate and fence was to use a hotshot on her nose. I can 99.9% guarantee you that her first response would be to go forward.

Roper

BTW the only animal that I have seen that will backup, well that will learn on it's own in the lowly hog and they still like to get their head around first when they can.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Roper]

[edit on 29-6-2008 by Roper]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
To claim a cow can not walk backwards without having to turn their whole body around is absurd, i have backed many a cow into a stall as a child on my uncles farm.Please see a link below for patents which also mention a cow can walk backwards... lol

www.patentstorm.us...

For the cow to leave the stall, she must back up after the
farmer has unlocked the headgate. That action is undesirable for several
reasons. Some animals are reluctant to walk backwards, so they must be
prodded to do so. Some cows tend not to walk straight back, so they often
bump into the milking equipment. Consequently, the farmer must guide the
cow backwards.

as for getting of your back.. well may i suggest you read the tone of your posts to others on this topic such as

So Animal, I will ask you a third time. "How would you handle these 1200 pound cattle?"

Dear Animal, do cattle have a reverse?

also you did ask how was one supposed to lift a cow.. a cow sling. i just answered your query..

not sure what a hotshot on her nose would mean , but if it means an electric prod... well they use those on humans now as well ..
it's about ethics and on that we differ , as animals give their life to sustain us, i do think they should be treated in a humane manner..
anyway what goes aroung comes around

toodlepip

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ladysharrowandherbarrow

Would you read what you posted??

For the cow to leave the stall, she must back up after the
farmer has unlocked the headgate. That action is undesirable for several
reasons. Some animals are reluctant to walk backwards, so they must be
prodded to do so. Some cows tend not to walk straight back, so they often
bump into the milking equipment. Consequently, the farmer must guide the
cow backwards.

action undesirable for several reasons.
Some animals are reluctant to walk backwards,SO they must be prodded to do so.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
you know i'm bored with this now

as if you read the link it says nothing of hotshots.. .

as i said it's ethics... your questions have been answered..

cows can walk backwards

cows can be lifted

toodlepip

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
You people who cry foul need to grow up. You have no idea how easy it is for an animal to render itself useless when it flips out. You are the disgusting ones who would most likely leave the animal to suffer instead of putting it out of its misery. Get the hell off your computer, get out of the city, and go live on a farm for a little while.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Animals are dumb brutes .... I'd say we are not too far ahead ....
carry on.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Emm To whoever said pigs are dumb...no,they are actually pretty smart..smarter than dogs anyway,i doubt you would treat your dogs like you see in some pig farms,culture is funny...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join