It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Condemnation of the Human Race

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by sobek52

Blah blah blah...Tell me o' great thinker of the ages what you have done to change this destructive, over-utilizing, parasitic path that we are all on? I know you have a computer, with internet, and I'm gonna assume a job in which to pay for the usage of said items. Now if you have a job, I'm going to assume you have a car...that uses some natural resources to motivate said car. I assume you have some form of domicile, with power, water, climate control, etc...All using these resources that all except for you exploit...

I don't mean to come off so harsh, but I hear this # from so many people who are saying it from the comforts of this exploitation, utilizing every bit of this degradation of this "Mother Earth", while never actually doing anything to change it.

Do me, and every other human that is aware of this issue-but don't want to do anything to change it, give me a solution, instead of pointing the fat-and-happy finger at the problem. Make sure this solution does not have to be implemented by means of changing our(humans) daily lives...and watch it be done...otherwise, sit back...watch American Idol...text on your Blacberry...drive down to Burger King for the latest promo burger...and shut up about it.

With Love and Support...

Max

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I agree that we are not a perfect species, but to condemn us because of our faults is ignorant. We use the earth's resources because we can and have them to use. We have come along way from our past history and have along way to go, but I have faith in us and believe we will prevail and become better with age and learn from our mistakes. The human race is part of the circle of life and we will survive selfishly at all cost. You think any other animal will lay down and give up the right to life? All animals will do what they can to survive, good or bad.

Humans are good. We care for our children, we help our neighbors and even take direction from a complete stranger. We have people rescuing strangers from disasters. Technology and human invention is changing our ways and bettering ourselves. We were savages in the beginning, but I look at us now and know we have come along way and have adapted and persevered through atrocities, famine, war, natural disasters etc... We are still learning from the school of life and some day we just might graduate and get our degree as a student of humanity.

To be perfect from the beginning would never help us learn from mistakes or make us stronger and more loving as a species. I'm proud of our race and I wish it the best for all my children and grand children and so on.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Maybe we're not caretakers and we're just here? Who says we're on a different level than anything else in the world? People just like to tell themselves and eachother that as a ego massage.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
i, unlike the OP, have a far less dim view of the human race. i believe in my species. i just think ppl, even myself, have fallen victim to those who are selfish and would make us believe that we are nothing but animals who aren't capable of taking care of ourselves. this is a lie and until we can wake up and realize that our lives and the lives around us are VALUABLE, then we DO have NO hope. but i think ppl are waking up to the lies we have been fed and are starting to realize their worth as a human being and their place on this earth.

i am optimistically pesimistic. lol i believe in you, but you have to believe in yourself before we can make any real changes for the better on this earth.

[edit on 27-6-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

LMAO! My sentiments exactly. the earth has been taking care of itself for billions of years, I doubt what our industrial revolution in the past 200 years has done as much to the planet as you speak of.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

You first sir, may I suggest you go to the closest CDC and have a mosh fest in their samples sealed safe. That way you would have set a proud example for the rest of us to discard. Off you go now.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cythraul

You don't make people do anything... you influence them to do positive things by doing them yourself as an example and those law of atraction mechanisms I mentioned, praise, peer pressure. Then good things multiply like a fractal through society. Theres a point out there which I won't pretend to know exactly where, where a trend becomes dominant.

This explain the war in the middle east to a degree, for bush and cº (ie, the elites) to have a war first they had to send negativity out through society, in memes, through hollywood, the news media, even the schooling system... so that eventually society had enough negative memes in it that people would be motivated to accept war. It works both ways. We do have a hive mind, a collective consciousness that superimposes itself on our individuality, influencing it. Our volksgeist if you will. If we're carefull what we put into the volksgeist eventually the zeitgeist changes. And you get an electric powered volkswagen, for exp

By the way, to shut up vader, duct tape his duck helmet.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Zepherian

Thanks for the tip
. I fully agree about living by example. In terms of betterment, I start with myself, and whilst certain choices I've made are quite extreme and out of sync with the world, I do not preach them, I just live them and try to carve a new positive path for myself and anyone who feels like taking the same path. However, I've found that few people open their eyes to new positive ideas. Your experiences might be somewhat more rewarding, but I've had little luck.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
The average human doesn't create these endless large corporations and plants that destroy and rape the enviroment with chemicals and destructive compounds.

The average human doesn't create war, bombs, nuclear fusion, and again chemicals to kill and destroy everything everywhere

The average human doesn't create sonar and all the millions of frequencies that distrupt the natural process and abilities that give direction to bees, whales and other migratory animals.

If anyone should die it is the people who strive beyond moral boundries destroying everything in thier path with their quest for greed and advancements.

Corporate Scientists - Elite Corporate Rulers and those who run the War Rooms

They are the evil and the destructive human force that needs to be cleansed from the planet

Then humans can then go back to being humans

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sobek52

So what you're saying is, you're part of the problem. And you think being negative about it is going to help too?

Because it's very obvious that you wrote your post from a hut made of naturally dead materials, while living off the land, giving back to nature more than you take while protecting the rain forest, right?

Please, you're sitting behind a pc, eating processed potato chips, listening to stolen music on your ipod, sitting in a chair made of plastic in your energy-eating manufactured home or apartment typing your next post, so don't come here ranting. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. If this is the way you truly feel, then either take some action to make a change in this world or do yourself and all of us a favor and stop blowing hot air.

Yes, there is much we can do to improve the way we interact with and treat this planet, but the question is....what are YOU going to do about it? Because griping online seems to be taking the least amount of responsible action possible. Hoping to inspire others by griping in a negative tone? right, that works.
How about some words of wisdom to live by -
"Be the change you wish to see in the world." - Ghandi.
(In other words, stop griping about it and get off your lazy butt and do something!)

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sobek52
I really do have a dim view of humanity. Over the centuries we have utterly failed as our planet's caretakers. We search for the slightest reason to exaggerate and create an excuse to anhilliate each other. Always, we search for greater means to kill. We have enough armament, some in the hands of the worst humans, to destroy this planet many times over. Also, we behave like an adaptable virus. We enter an area, adapt to utilize it, use up and totally deplete the resources, and leave to make another place desolate as well. Now, with space travel advancing, we have a chance of colonizing and screwing up the other planets. Don't give me the stuff about preserving nature and planting new trees. We do more harm than good. We cause harm to Earth and our own race. The world deserves better caretakers. Best case scenario for the world, a plague wipes us out, and clears the way for evolution to create a better ruling race.

Spoken like a true genocidal maniac. If people with your mindset had access to vast resources and wealth I would fear that you would attempt mass annihilation and then repopulation of the human race based on your definition of suitable caretakers.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
You know what I first thought of when I saw this topic?

From the get-go I not only see an ignorant (not stupid, look up the difference) first post and a "lol emo" second post, followed by a sarcastic suicide remark, followed by "lol deleted" post.

The entire human race should not be condemned due to the actions of few. That's like saying to throw out an entire bag of pistachios just because you find one or two bad ones.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
When man is long gone the earth will rebuild itself, there is no problem here, we are just a blip

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by arizonascott
The average human doesn't create these endless large corporations and plants that destroy and rape the enviroment with chemicals and destructive compounds.

No, the average human does not directly create those things, but indirectly they do, by enabling those that do, by buying all that unnecessary junk they produce. There is no need for anyone to own a television, or iPod, or dishwasher, or riding lawn mower, or snow mobile, etc. Look at all the stuff that we could have done without, which could have spared the Earth a lot of unnecessary rape and pollution. And look at how much of it is imported from the worst polluters on the planet. Think of the national debt that has been rung up now because of all that junk, and how the trade imbalance has now devalued the dollar too.

There's too damn much irresponsible living going on here in the US, and I for one am glad its about to end when this US economy crashes this fall. That will certainly help to reduce a lot of this unnecessary over-consumption when the US citizens become dirt poor like their neighbors to the south, ha. I only hope Canada thought to build some border fences to keep the new world peasants out of their gangland, ha.

Don't worry, a lot of this mess will remedy itself.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sobek52

Well I guess you lump yourself in with the ones screwing it up. I am just trying to get by and raise my family. If you feel we are screwing it up then do something about it... There is only a hand full of people really doing the screwing up... Maybe you could do something about them instead of making a blanket generalization?

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by daddymax

I use a hybrid car, use solar power to heat my water, use hydro power for most of my house, and am exploring wind power.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I understand your idea, but what systems do you use to help out?

[edit on 27-6-2008 by sobek52]

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

If you are not one of those who do, you should try to stop the ones responsible.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
You have the mindset of a simpleton, your condemnation is one of utter ignorance and it deeply disturbs me as a fellow humanoid. You should take a good look in the mirror my friend and see what you don't like about yourself, before you go on about how humanity is. This kind of mindset has a detrimental energy that can be used to justify many atrocities on humanity, when in fact many of the pollution and denigration of the planets ecosystems has bin coused, by the consumer society model that the industrial elites have propagated on the populations.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sobek52

I really do have a dim view of humanity.

I'm already seeing that I won't agree with you.

Over the centuries we have utterly failed as our planet's caretakers.

We are the planet's caretakers? Who elected us to such a position? Live has been on this planet for at least 3 billion years, and yet we who have only been around a paltry 200,000 years are the caretakers?

We search for the slightest reason to exaggerate and create an excuse to anhilliate each other.

And it's not like human aggression isn't also reflected in our closest relatives, chimpanzees or other primates. We have a greater intelligence capable of building more and more devastating weapons. Do you really think they wouldn't also if they had the mental capacity that we do?

We have enough armament, some in the hands of the worst humans, to destroy this planet many times over.

No we don't. We might be able to completely devastate the environment... but the planet? End all life? Not even close. Long after we are gone, life will continue.

Also, we behave like an adaptable virus. We enter an area, adapt to utilize it, use up and totally deplete the resources, and leave to make another place desolate as well.

Apparently you don't know what an invasive species is. We are one, and we're not the only ones. This happens any time a species is introduced to a new habitat in which there are no natural checks against the population.

You wish to cast us into the role of sinners, when in fact, we are only a unique part of nature.

Now, with space travel advancing, we have a chance of colonizing and screwing up the other planets.

What other planets? Mars? The Moon? There's really nothing else even close to human habitation - and those planets are completely dead. Screw them up? What the hell are you talking about?

We do more harm than good.

We initiate change. This planet is NOT a static environment. It is a dynamic environment, and the only constant in it is change. Some species benefit, some languish. We are a factor in natural selection, and those species who cannot adapt to us will fail while those who can adapt will thrive.

We cause harm to Earth and our own race.

We are a dynamic species capable of both "good" and "ill" - the question is, how do you define such actions? The planet is not a living creature, and neither is the environment. We cannot enact "good" or "ill" upon it, only change.

The world deserves better caretakers.

And who would you suggest be the new caretakers? Deer? Wolves? Komodo Dragons? Sea Urchins? The idea of us being "caretakers" is an illusion, a religiously based illusion based on a judeo-christian belief that humanity was given domination over the Earth.

Best case scenario for the world, a plague wipes us out

Become an hero and start with yourself. At least you'll prove you're not a hypocrite.

and clears the way for evolution to create a better ruling race.

Evolution doesn't work that way. You have no idea what you're talking about.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join