It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian Roswell : The Footage

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

A very good link. Overall, not convincing in and of itself. It reminds me of the neverending squabbles of western Ufology. We hear that all the time here, where one "researcher" denounces another, usually to grab more attention for himself.

The soldiers didn't set up a paremeter defense. True enough. But I have seen some pretty shoddy soldiering by all types of military, including American. A hurridly thrown together group of soldiers grabbed from whatever was available would hardly perform like a drill team. (All soldiers perform at the lowest level their superiors allow, and if the superiors are concentrating on something else, soldiers are natural slackers. Besides, the USSR soldier of that era wasn't well trained, except for a few crack units.)

And the uniforms, especially the use of officer style buckles, means very little if we have no knowledge of what unit we're seeing. (As one example, in the US it's customary for privates to wear armbands of rank when training in boot camp. Also, military academies routinly use non regulation uniforms.) Not only that, there's no clear evidence these were really soldiers. These could just as well have been workers from some munitions plant thrown into available uniforms, maybe from a supply center, to impress cooperation from the locals.

I too doubt this footage, despite what I have theorized above. I'm simply pointing out the flaws in thinking we have answers that we don't. We can't be certain. Hell, even today we can't reach a unified conclusion on the events surrounding the death of JFK, despite it being one of the most public deaths on record. So how can we hope to have anything but shadows surrounding a film from the somewhere in a Russian forest?

Without the original film stock to analyze, for starters, and detailed information from some firsthand participants naming units, commanders, spatial coordinates, and such minutia which could be cross checked, we have no clear proof for or against this. It's no more than wishful thinking to conclude real or hoax in such an instance.

The measure of an open mind is the insight to know when not to make it up at all.

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Just as an addendum, I wanted to add this little post. It comes from an old thread about a plastic toy from a dumpster that's supposed to be a tiny alien. It's all hogwash, as anyone can easily see. However, that does nothing to excuse this poster:

without watching I'm gonna say fake..

Where's the deny ignorance here?

Yet a large portion of the population, here and in RL, are of just this mentality; though most try to disguise it better than this poor sod.
When we enter any investigation with the aim of finding proof for our bias instead of having the aim of looking for the truth, we join this fellow in the shallow end of the gene pool.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

i have to agree, but of late it seems some are not even in the shallow end of the gene pool but somewhere in the green algae covered goop in the backwaters.

seeker

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I agree that this incident is intriguing. But I don't think however, it's a fair assessment to say I made up my mind without consideration. Back when I first saw this video, I DID do a bit of research and came to my own conclusions. I felt that the link I posted would help at least, people see some investigation of the program.

I feel however, it's hard to give a TV show crediblity when it has a disclaimer at the beginning: "What you are about to see may or may not be true." And at the end, two full screens of warnings: "The Producers disclaim and do not guarantee the accuracy or truthfulness that any of the documentation or materials that have been provided by any source...The materials and opinion presented on this program including documents, film, photo, or video footage come from the sources and are not the responsibility of the Producers...This production is produced solely for entertainment purposes only and no other use is authorized."

And to top that off the film was /filled/ with misrepresentations, such as scenes that was supposed to be "Declassified Soviet top secret footage" but actually showed NASA Space Shuttle SRB re-qualification test footage.

Keeping that in mind, the few items that did lend it crediblity, seemed to be outweighed by the ones that took away from it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join