NEWS: Blast in Moscow heard, reports indicate tower block

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
There are incoming reports that there has been an explosion in an apartment block in the suburbs of Moscow, we have no indication of size, disposition and type of this event but we are being led to believe it is linked to terrorism.

The explosion happened in a tower block of flats in southern Moscow, the blast trapping an unknown number of people in the rubble, local emnergency officials say.

The blast has ripped through 8 floors and the death toll could reach into dozens, more as it comes in.

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Wow, I'm going to turn on CNN now, thanks for the heads-up Nerdling!

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Just doing ma duty

For the record, I beat CNN by about 8 minutes, not a personal best but still good.

LAX

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
i havent seen it on cnn yet. Im also checking on other sites to try to verify this. Anyone got any more info on it yet?

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I also don't see it on CNN..they are talking about a rescue in the Artice by Russia instead of an explosion.

From BBC:

An explosion has hit a block of flats in southern Moscow, trapping an unknown number of people in the rubble, local emergency officials say.
The blast, thought to have originated in a flat on the third floor, tore through eight apartments in the early hours of the morning.

Rescuers and at least 10 ambulances are said to be at the 12-storey building on Chertanovskaya Street.

Children are thought to be among those trapped, local media reports say.

Emergency workers are reportedly evacuating residents from the building and searching for anyone in the rubble.

News of the blast came at about 0400 local time (0100 GMT), an emergencies ministry official told Itar-Tass news agency.

It is not known what may have caused the explosion.

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by SwampFox]

LAX

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
can you post a link to the story. Ty.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Alright Nerdling! That just shows how good ATSNN and you are
! Great job!

J.