It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st world to 3rd world part 2B

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Part 1
Part 2A
4. *Social Programs* by structuring programs to reward the unmotivated while punishing the motivated working class in need of assistance, a sense of hopelessness pervades the working class, and a feeling of resentment builds in the middle and upper classes, who feel they are giving the poor a free ride.

4a. By creating this feeling, support for social programs drops, and people who need a Hand-Up and not a Hand-Out are left behind, when they could be busy working their way up and living the american dream. Resentment and anger builds in the left-behind workers, both towards the ‘welfare parasites’ and the ‘reformers’ who compound the problem by cutting funding instead of reconfiguring the system . A large and angry class of the working oppressed emerge.

4b. Racial tension builds as white workers are denied a hand-up while minorities are perceived to be getting a free ride. White-power movements among the working class thrive and expand, destabilizing the country.

4c. Structuring the system to favor broken homes and deny functioning families fosters the proliferation of broken homes, and increases lack of motivation to hold families together. With no family values the crime, teenage pregnancy, and alcoholism/drug addiction rates explode.

5. *Civil Liberties* the democrats are creating an atmosphere of oppression by legislating in a fashion that violates the bill of rights in it’s entirety, by Censorship (see 1990‘s media persecutions), Over-reactive Gun Control (see District of Columbia Gun Ban), Search and Seizure and Wire Tapping without warrants (IRS, Drug War), Due Process (see GITMO, Drug War) and so on.

5a. By stomping on our inalienable rights, the government is signing it’s death warrant. By ignoring the rights that americans hold most sacred, they insure seditious intent in the populace.

5b. Even the Smoking laws(specifically banning smoking in private businesses and homes) help to destabilize the country by disenfranchising entire segments of the population. In this environment discrimination against smokers is rampant, making people lose jobs and opportunities for homes and even schooling due to an addiction to a legal substance that does not impair mechanical ability or judgement.

5c. By over-regulating firearms, the government disarms the people, leaving them susceptible to attack from terrorists, criminals, and the government itself. They get away with this because they convince people that all guns are as dangerous as RPGs, and the NRA doesn’t help matters by fighting to get access to RPGs (yes I know, an exaggeration, but illustrating a valid point).

5d. By supporting draconian drug policies, they increase crime rates because of access issues (addicts will buy drugs from black marketeers), which the cartels are more than happy to exploit. Border towns and smuggling routes become domestic war zones.

This also contributes to the civil unrest caused by overall over-regulation induced oppression.

Conclusion:

Liberal policy undermines libertarian ideals on which our country is founded, creating civil unrest and seditious sentiment, distrust and resentment towards government.

These policies continue to erode the economic and social fabric, while opening the country to foreign invasion.

Racial tension and class tension ferments, and the slightest downturn or political event will explode into civil war and economic failure.

~sMg~

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
As my reply was to the first part of your thread, you could just as easy be talking about the UK!

It is exactly the same here, although we don't have guns and we don't have 'mexican' immigrants, aside from those it is the same.

Question is, why? Seems to me all that is being achieved is chaos, and hate. It will be much easier to gain real control over the populations when they have beat us down into submission and got us hating everyone else.

The younger generation know no different and are the most maleable of us all, they are the ones I worry for most.

I've seen all this happening for a long time but as yet have no idea what we can do about it.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by A curious cat

here's where everyone's gonna freak on me.

the first step to healing is voting in Obama.

Ron Paul is an insane person, not because what he's saying is wrong, but because what he is saying is only applicable in a perfect world.

I'm saying let's vote for the lesser of two evils.

I am going out on a limb here and saying that I beleive Obama is a good man, although a politician. I believe that he will work with the Republicans, and there is actually a chance, a real chance, that his VP could be Chuck Hagel, renegade republican retired senator from MY state.

I don't subscribe to the idiotic notion that if a democrat wins, the Red Army will sweep over the hills and eat our babies while pissing fire.

I don't subscribe to the notion that if republican wins, Haliburton will Stop eating babies and pissing fire.

and in the UK, the racist term for the parallel to 'mexican' immigrants is 'WOG'. meaning muslims and other Near Easterners.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Yes you are right about the immigrants to the UK, I'ts mostly Eastern European and Polish people at the moment.

I have to agree that Obama would be the lesser of two evils but I really have no faith in politicians at all. I suppose we would find out if the government really is controlled from behind the scenes, with an ongoing secret agenda. If Obama manages to make some positive changes then great, there maybe some hope for us.

I won't be holding my breath but I will be watching with interest.

I don't know where we are going politically in the UK but the US always has a huge bearing on our politics, In my opinion that is, I know many don't agree with that.

posted on Jun, 30 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Great job man.

A well thought out argument.

I donnot, however, think that Obama is the lesser of the two evils...

top topics

join