It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs Invade Town In NT Australia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

tezz have to agree with you; in our "normal" everyday walk we are surrounded by modern conveniences such as digi-cams, camera phones,laptops and a zillion tv/cable/satelite channels; many remote parts of this country here, the good ol usa, are not loaded up with what too many people take for granted as normal parts of life;

and a remote vilage in aussie land? think, people, they don't have a wal-mart,target, or a cvs every mile.

also take it into consideration that any event such as this does have a tendency to induce a mild to severe state of shock, and thoughts of cameras or videos,especially if not a regular part of everyday routine, do not enter into it until after the event inducing the shock has been removed.

how far is this hamlet from melbourne,tezz? too far for you to go check it out in person?

seeker

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541
I also find the lack of photographic evidence puzzling. Another thing that bugs me is there's no definitive time span in which these craft were present. Only "what seems like a couple of hours".
Anyway, good find, star and a flag!

Yes, well as one who lives here in Australia I can answer the time question. It was dark, therefore their sundial was not working!

Seriously, this was not reported on any mainstream media outlet that I know of. The one where it is, is like the National Enquirer.
I'm hereby claiming it as a total fabrication.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality
"Not ONE person seems to own a camera of any kind. How convenient."

That's so easy to say, but proves nothing as to whether these people actually saw what they claim to have seen.

Also just because there are no photographs/video in this article does not mean that no photos or video of the event actually exist.
It was also reported that Ms Dixon tried to use the telephone but the line was dead so perhaps any cameras were also not working.
It does seems unusual that residents reported a huge noise and felt as if the ground was shaking so perhaps it was some kind of military craft possibly preparing people for the 'aliens are here' scenario.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well I actually live in the Northern Territory, Darwin to be exact. I am not sure if this is of any significance, but at the moment there is an airforce exercise called "Pitch Black" in operation. Its involves around 15 countries and takes place around half the NT area (mistaken identity)

Our airport (our met office where I work is within the boundaries of the airport, we are responsible for the aviation weather there) is a joint military/ commercial base, so I get to see all the jets taking off from less than 300m away. So I guess if these reports were genuine, I wouldnt be surprised if there was some ET species taking a looksy.

Im on night shift tonight so will keep an eye out for anything

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by the seeker_713g
how far is this hamlet from melbourne,tezz? too far for you to go check it out in person?

Not a chance, mate. It would be a few days drive to get there, not to mention getting back!

OzWeatherman is much closer, in Darwin, but it would still take him many hours to drive there and with the price of petrol these days, it's not a fair expense to fork out.

Play around with Google maps, so you get a sense of the distances involved. That part of the country is so barren and isolated that you could hide nearly anything in plain sight.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufo reality

I don't walk/drive around with a camera with me 24/7, in fact not at all. Why does it surprise you?

This was outside their house..above their homes and not one person thought to grab a camera to have proof of their story when everyone knows how the media reacts?

The sound is a problem... UFO's are silent..

But what gets me is this..

"We were all really frightened...."

yet after they do this...

"We went outside and were just sitting around drinking tea and talking about it all. The kids were put to bed...."

Okay three big noisy UFO's just buzzed your house. lit up the interior harassed the neighborhood for a couple of hours and you just put the kids to bed and sit around and have TEA??

Yup I can see this thread will get really big

Shock can tend to cause temporary paralysis.

They don't seem shocked to me... they put the kids to bed and had TEA after witnessing a truly remarkable event

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Well guy's i can tell you lived in the north west for some time and the place they are talking about is a place that is knowen for drinking too much That is all i'm going to say about this community of people

But i'm not saying it did not happen

www.blueytravel.com...

[edit on 26-6-2008 by duffster]

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

I agree Zorgon, I talk from personal experience, I saw a UFO and Aliens once and it was not something I just chatted about over a cup of tea afterwards, it was a terrifying experience and anyone that has seen what I saw knows I`m right.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Shock can tend to cause temporary paralysis.

They don't seem shocked to me... they put the kids to bed and had TEA after witnessing a truly remarkable event

You gotta remember though, "Pitch Black" is on, and we are a hell of a lot more laid back up here than anywhere else in Oz...... and the world for that

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Since even the remotest villages here in Alaska have Internet and Phones, I'd have to wonder if this remote village in Australia would not have the same. living in a remote area is not the same since the Internet became available over phone lines decades ago. Why would someone need to drive there instead of calling?

Once, before moving to Alaska, President Clinton paid a visit to the area I lived in. I woke up one morning to the sound of a group of helicopters hovering a hundred feet or so above my neighborhood. It was frightening until I realized what it was. They hovered for about 20 minutes which had everyone out of their houses. I never could figure out why they were hovering over houses 12 miles from the airport for no reason. Anywho, this description made me think of that.

I'm imagining a group of helicopters, on maneuvers, hovering over the area for a while and being misidentified as something unknown and then blown all out of proportion by such a tiny isolated community without much excitement. One way to find out in a town that small would be to call anyone there. They would all know the details by now. Any form of law enforcement office in places that small in Australia?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

I think "they" are just practicing...

FWIW, there's supposed to be a bunch of these things showing up in the not too distant future.

I smell something...like a set-up....since they are no longer considered "a joke" by

the folks who lie to us everyday [ mass media ]

there is nothing to be done about it, other than understand that this is part of the war between good and evil

the next few years, is going to be a very interesting time for humanity and beliefs...

and folks will have to pick which side they want to be on....there will be no fence sitting

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

"" I never could figure out why they were hovering over houses 12 miles from the airport for no reason. ""

is this a stretch? or maybe not too much

perhaps you [ your area ] were part of a show and tell

as in

showing off the brand new onboard infrared detectors to the V.I.P.'s on board...maybe...

just a thought

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
No photos nor video? I'm 50/50 on this one.

But numerous people do claim they saw something.

A lot of people follow organized religion but does that make them right?

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by toasted

It was really odd. One looked just like the one you see landing on the Whitehouse lawn on the news. They others were military. Very loud and annoying at way to early in the morning, all so Bill could switch planes to go to Jackson to play golf. Millions of tax dollars gone to play golf.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Omega85

Why are people staring and flagging this, because somebody
found a picture of Steven Speilbergs Moofie and somebody
wrote a bit of text around it.

Anyway
I've been drivin' all night, my hand's wet on the wheel
There's a voice in my head that drives my heer
It's my baby callin', says I need you here

After traveling GOD knows how many Light years and of all the
places to visit on Earth they decide to pop in on small town with
a Population of 112 in the middle of nowhere for no apparent
reason. Maybe they were hoping to pick up a few spare parts
for their Jupiter II.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by nahsik

Good point - I was going to say the same thing :

Marlinja, population 112 and ( 730km ) south of Darwin, REMOTE TOWN - still a story like this would put a tiny little unknown town such as Marlinja on the map - wouldn't it ??? Anyway - Good find OP
Northern Territory and most outback areas of Australia are renowned for sightings !!!

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LEAP STICK
Why are people staring and flagging this, because somebody
found a picture of Steven Speilbergs Moofie and somebody
wrote a bit of text around it.

As I said I expect this to become a huge thread

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Don't forget that the US military base in Pine Gap is located in the Northern Territory

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
From TFA...

"We went outside and were just sitting around drinking tea and talking about it all. The kids were put to bed."

Classic. I suppose the kids slept rather soundly?

It's a crazy article. A local paper 'round those parts would take anything and run with it... Which is probably why it isn't in the national news. Because, you know, the 'real news' of the doom and gloom of the world at large generally has better shock value.

From the 'related articles' section, here's a few others:

www.ntnews.com.au...

www.ntnews.com.au...

www.ntnews.com.au...

www.ntnews.com.au...

"To register for UFO spotting call 1800772288."

They have a UFO hotline

The front page of today's NT News is dominated by the threads' UFO story... So I guess it's a really big 'flavor of the month' for our NT friends.

posted on Jun, 26 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I'm sure if the aliens don't want people taking pictures of them, they will be technologically advanced enough to stop people from doing so. Maybe they have some kind of mind control device which blocks the human brains ability to want to take pictures. Maybe replacing feelings/thoughts of curiosity, with those of intense fear. That would explain why after they where gone people started drinking tea outside, and allowed their curiosity to return.

We already have the technology to read precise brain functions and even control such functions. As for the sound, maybe the aliens (or maybe humans) are testing a new method of mind control of inhibitor.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join