It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Image: Person standing on cliff?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jenny52

I cannot find your image in the original, could you point the coordinates on this grid?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by saturnus1962
Sorry to respond so late, I am in a different time-zone and I had exams Yesterday.
No problem.

My point is that the ridges, clifs, hilss or what ever you like to call them have "suncast" from the north.
And that is where I think you are wrong, all objects are illuminated from the bottom right corner (in this version of the photo, the map-projected version is rotated more than 180º).

Do you agree that on this image the Sun is shinning from the bottom right corner?
(location)

And in this one?
(location)

And in this last image?
(location)

Do you see now that the Sun is coming from the bottom right of the screen?

Or are you suffering from the same problem I suffer, not being able to see if it is a hill or a crater when the light does not come from the left?

What I do in cases where I am not sure of the direction of the light is to rotate the image, if I see it different after rotating then the problem is probably mine, not of the image.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for the reply ArMap.
It took me a while to pinpoint the co-ordinates but here they are:

'Covered Tunnel Entrance' - D3
'3 Beings leaning and looking out of cave mouth and over cliff edge' - G4
'Strange face' - E2/E3
'Ape Head' - F2

What do you see?

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Above is the '3 beings leaning out of a cave and looking over a cliff'.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

and here is the 'strange face'.

posted on Jul, 5 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
files.abovetopsecret.com...

and this looks like an ape head to me.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jenny52

These are larger versions, taken from the full size (10024 x 30000 pixels) image, using IAS Viewer.

This is the 'Covered Tunnel Entrance', at 100% zoom.

This is the '3 Beings leaning and looking out of cave mouth and over cliff edge', at 50% zoom.

The 'strange face' at 100% zoom.

The 'Ape Head', at 100% zoom.

All those look like common geological features, and although a tunnel entrance can be a common geological feature, I don't see anything that could be a tunnel entrance.

PS: I was going to post this when I remembered that some of those features were in the central area of the photo, and that area is also covered by the red and green+blue channels, so there should be a colour version available.

This is what I got.

The 'tunnel entrance', but only its right part, the left part was not covered by the colour sensors.

The 'strange face'

The 'Ape Head'

PPS: ATS upload space is much limited, I suggest you open an account on ImageShack or other site like that (I have been using ImageShack without too much problems, although sometimes the site does not want to show me my images) and upload your images there. After that you just have to use the link provided.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
ArMap thank you so much for making the pictures clearer. I'm 'back to earth' again! I'll get an Image Shack account too.
Best wishes
Jenny52

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yep; Got it! The picture you posted as last example you probably dee as a mountain, where i see it as a crater, so that is where the misunderstanding comes from. It reminds me of a test with a drawing wher you can see a naked woman or the face (profile) of Lincoln it is impossible to see both at the same moment. So I see your point now, but how do we know what is right? I guess we have to see if there is any further information about the data

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by saturnus1962

In cases like this I usualy rotate the image.

What do you see in the rotated version, a hill or a crater?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I see a hill now, so let's asume the sun is coming from the north!

Now to identify what thes shades are! Sorry; what causes the shades.

There is currently a thread goning on about a building on Mars (which I believe is a rock (because of its isolated area)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join